Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2015, 13:40   #61
BHPian

Re: Red Passion: My Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi. EDIT, 30K Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Did you check for the headlight assembly from the active i20 ?
Hi Piyush,

I did checked for the same during my last service, they didn't had the Active headlamps in stock, though he did said that the change is possible. On the cost front, he wasn't sure himself.

Will check on the same again on my 40k kms service.

Thanks,
Bubby
Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 17:31   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
FE for me has been always between 19.0-19.5 kmpl, no matter if its a bumper to bumper or a highway drive.
We just bought an Elite i20 diesel earlier this month and the car has done 1300 kms ever since.From the last two tank fills my FE has been 14.8 and 15 kmpl respectively.The car has been driven in a sedate manner with occasional shifts at 3k rpm.Does the FE improve upon first servicing?.
On a side note, I had driven the car with over inflated tires unknowingly.I checked them during my second refill and realized the same only then.All the wheels had 40psi air filled in them .
VRPAI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 08:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPAI View Post
We just bought an Elite i20 diesel earlier this month and the car has done 1300 kms ever since.From the last two tank fills my FE has been 14.8 and 15 kmpl respectively.The car has been driven in a sedate manner with occasional shifts at 3k rpm.Does the FE improve upon first servicing?
Congratulations on your new purchase. The FE figures will improve marginally after 1st service but not drastically, I have been up-shifting around 2k RPM and have been taking the car beyond 2k RPM only in gears 5 & 6.

Quote:
On a side note, I had driven the car with over inflated tires unknowingly.I checked them during my second refill and realized the same only then.All the wheels had 40psi air filled in them .
This has been reported by lot of owners, I myself faced this issue
Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 08:55   #64
BHPian

Thanks Bubby, FE improves a lot on the highway.I got close to 20kmpl on d highway doing pretty good speeds. And the efficiency in city is also at 15-16 and am pretty satisfied with that too.Done close to 3300 kms in the first month of purchase and the cars doing great except for the AVN system which shows up Tantrum's at times .My shifting style has been between 2.5 to 3k,and maybe I need to change that. And yeah how've you being coping up with the new odd even scheme .

Thanks again
VRPAI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 09:49   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPAI View Post
My shifting style has been between 2.5 to 3k,and maybe I need to change that
You will see a considerable change in FE, if you start up-shifting anywhere between a 1800-2300 rpm instead.

Quote:
And yeah how've you being coping up with the new odd even scheme
Haha. 1 more day for Odd-Even scheme now, I didn't got affected too much as my other car is an Even
Old 20th January 2016, 11:05   #66
BHPian

Buddy can you tell me what all things were done in the first service and also what type of engine oil was used, was it regular or synthetic oil that was used. My car went for the second service yesterday and I got a call that it's ready and the service charge is 7K something. And on top of that this does not include wheel alignment and tire balancing as I decided to get it done at any local Bridgestone or similar shop.
The guy on the phone told me that they have used synthetic oil and cleaned sensors (sensor cleaning is some 500 bucks). What is this sensor cleaning? Do you find something fishy here and can you please let me know how much engine oil is required for the Elite i20 diesel.
Singh09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 12:35   #67
BHPian

Guys! Check this out : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2016-a...po-2016-a.html
Hyundai was showcasing an Elite i20 in red at the auto expo! It is a treat for the eyes!!!
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 17:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
My car went for the second service yesterday and I got a call that it's ready and the service charge is 7K something.
The guy on the phone told me that they have used synthetic oil and cleaned sensors (sensor cleaning is some 500 bucks). What is this sensor cleaning? Do you find something fishy here and can you please let me know how much engine oil is required for the Elite i20 diesel.
Hey

Apologies for a late reply, but 7k is way too much for 2nd service, but again about 3k+ will be the cost of the Synthetic Oil alone. I am surprised, they changed the oil to Synthetic without checking with you.

Sensor cleaning. Not heard of this again.

Will be going for my 40k service next week, will have a watchful eye on the proceedings.

Though, did moving to Synthetic changed anything?

Thanks,
Bubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Hyundai was showcasing an Elite i20 in red at the auto expo! It is a treat for the eyes!!!
Awesome
Old 28th February 2016, 07:50   #69
BHPian

Guys! I saw a brand new elite i20 with the projector headlamps and drls!!! So it is definitely possible!
Either its a direct swap job, or its a face-lift.
Either way, its drool worthy!!!
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 11:38   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Hey

Apologies for a late reply, but 7k is way too much for 2nd service, but again about 3k+ will be the cost of the Synthetic Oil alone. I am surprised, they changed the oil to Synthetic without checking with you.

Sensor cleaning. Not heard of this again.

Will be going for my 40k service next week, will have a watchful eye on the proceedings.

Awesome
Hi Guys,

Can anyone share the servicing costs for the Elite I20. Believe the first 2 servicing is free and the rest is chargeable. If anyone can share an image of an actual service bill that would be really helpful
Old 1st April 2017, 10:31   #71
BHPian

Hey guys!

I just booked an i20 Elite Asta(O) in White! I should get her delivered by Monday or Tuesday!

And yes, it comes with the projectors and DRLs. Drool worthy!

Bubby, any advice on must have accessories for the new baby?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks