Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2014, 18:06   #91
BHPian

Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

I booked a Highline TDi today. Got the dealer to agree to change the stock tires at his workshop, so that i dont have warranty issues later.

OR price is 8.99L (Without extra warranty and RSA).

Any ideas for tyre upgrade? looking at yoko 205/55/15
Old 27th December 2014, 21:53   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Today i went to ASC to sort out the problem.
After taking a TD he said
- Rattle : The front door rattle is from the rubber beading. Its present in most of VW cars as per the SA. For confirmation i enquired with one of my best friend who has a vento. Even he was facing this issue.
He didnt get the rattles from the meter console.

- Fogging of headlamps. He advised to take a snap of the same and send it to him so that the warranty can be claimed.

- Wiper: Problem with the blade. But its out of stock. He promised to get it replaced once it comes. No issues with the alignment.

- Fogging of windshield: Couldnt appreciate it today. He advised to check on the modes of air circulation while its happening.

After all i am pretty satisfied with my SA (Mr.Gokul). I had never ever seen a customer friendly and a brilliant SA in the past 10 years of my experience with other ASC.
Were you able to resolve all your issues? How was the service center response? Please share more on this. Thanks!
Old 27th December 2014, 22:45   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post
Were you able to resolve all your issues? How was the service center response? Please share more on this. Thanks!
I will list out the issues i faced and the present status.
1. Rattling: Its still present in bad stretches. But now i found out that when i press against the cover of the meter console it stops rattling. So the culprit is meter console cover
2. Fogging of the headlamps and windshield: Never faced these issues till now
3. Wipers: I changed the wiper blades to DHC pro. Now the squeaks has been reduced but its still present.

Till now the service centre response was good. I will update once i go for the first service at 7500km . Now the car has run 5000km. I will be adding one more horn(low pitch) from the A.S.S within 2 days. I had placed the order and it took 14 days to reach here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
I too have this exact same problem on my GT, feels like it's from the steering/just behind the dash. Need to get it checked.
Did you found out the cause of the rattle from the service centre? Were you able to resolve your issue?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th December 2014 at 07:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 11th January 2015, 05:28   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
I have recently bought a new polo 1.5. After 2-3 days of driving, especially through rough and uneven roads i am getting a rattling somewhere from the front meter console and left front door. I am not sure about the exact site in the meter console but its from the dashboard. Any one out here encountered any issue like this. What should i do now? I felt sad when i heard the rattling immediately after 3 days of ownership.
I am having exactly the same sound on my polo gt Tsi for the dashboard sound which seems to come from the meter console or somewhere behind it. If you find a solution please message me. Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 20:40   #95
BHPian

The experience with my new Polo 1.5TDI in the last 12 days has been great. I did 1200Kms so far which included around 1000km drive from Bengaluru-palani-Guruvayoor-Bengaluru.
I have been loving the drive absolutely. However I see there is some issue with multi-information display data. I m not sure whether its really an issue or I don't know how to use it. Basically, number of hours of drive, fuel efficiency etc don't seem to be right. I m yet to consult the service center. May be a firmware update would solve this issue?

I have written a my experience so far including my pre-buying, delivery etc is documented here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159529

Thanks for all the help and support, once again!
Old 1st April 2015, 19:13   #96
Senior - BHPian

The Rapid 1.5TDI comes with Cruise Control. Is it possible to retrofit this system in the Polo 1.5 TDI?
Old 1st April 2015, 19:15   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The Rapid 1.5TDI comes with Cruise Control. Is it possible to retrofit this system in the Polo 1.5 TDI?
Check the posts by Gannu in the Vento thread. Does the rapid manual also have cruise control or only the DSG?

As per Gannu the Vento TDI DSG uses the same BCM as Rapid and cruuse control can be retrofitted by changing the stalks.
Old 1st April 2015, 19:28   #98
Team-BHP Support

Thanks viddy. I'll just mention it here.

Quote:
Sankar, if the BCM part number ends with 087, it supports cruise control and you can do the retrofit yourself. Just needs a change in the left stalk and a couple of cables to be connected to the BCM/steering module and the ECU through thru firewall. I haven't done the mod since mine comes with a medium BCM (ends in 086) so requires a BCM upgrade first.

I've summed it up here.

This is the new Vento 1.5 TDI DSG's updated BCM (note - made in India by Continental). Thanks to BHPian rejeen for the snap.

And the new Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG gets the imported Continental BCM from Germany (thanks to BHPian charansuki for the snap; link).

Can you let us know what BCM the new Polo 1.5 TDI comes with? TIA.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st April 2015 at 19:39.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 19:28   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Check the posts by Gannu in the Vento thread. Does the rapid manual also have cruise control or only the DSG?

As per Gannu the Vento TDI DSG uses the same BCM as Rapid and cruuse control can be retrofitted by changing the stalks.
I was watching the video review of the Rapid TDI and the model being reviewed was with manual transmission and cruise control. Elegance plus has cruise control and is available in both MT and DSG option.

I'll check the Vento thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Thanks viddy. I'll just mention it here. .

Can you let us know what BCM the new Polo 1.5 TDI comes with? TIA.
Thanks Gannu. I bought a new GT TDI and is getting myself aquainted with the new car.

Where should i look for the BCM in the car?
Edit: Got it!

Last edited by Sankar : 1st April 2015 at 19:40.
Old 1st April 2015, 19:41   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Gannu. I bought a new GT TDI and is getting myself aquainted with the new car. Where should i look for the BCM in the car?
First off, congrats!

Check this post. I've mentioned how to locate the BCM.

Do post back with a snap!

EDIT: I am eagerly hoping for a 087 model. Doesn't matter if it is imported or made locally.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st April 2015 at 19:43.
Old 1st April 2015, 20:14   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First off, congrats!
Thanks

Quote:
EDIT: I am eagerly hoping for a 087 model. Doesn't matter if it is imported or made locally.
Even i was hoping and wishing that the car gets an updated Made in India BCM if not the German unit. But guess what? Its 87R and its Made in Germany
2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread-20150401_185234.jpg
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 20:29   #102
Team-BHP Support

Haha that's awesome Sankar! Man, I wonder who's in charge of the parts bin for VW cars. The more expensive Vento 1.5 TDI DSG gets a made in India BCM and the cheaper GT gets the imported one!

Anyways, you are set as long as the BCM is concerned. What you now need is the left stalk set that supports the cruise control and the associated harness. The harness comes with wires which goes to the BCM plug, fuse box and ECU. Rosstech doesn't mention the ECU part in their link but other DIY'ers do so I am going to take their word for that. I couldn't find a complete guide on this just bits and pieces. Google search for Polo 6r cruise control.

Sankar, please buy a VCDS cable ASAP! This will help you in tweaking and doing the diagnostics from time-to-time.
Discussion on this continued here

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2015 at 14:08. Reason: Adding a link for continued discussion in the VCDS thread.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 20:45   #103
Senior - BHPian

Since the BCM part is now clear its good to know that option is open and can be done. I will read up on the cruise control retrofit.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2015 at 14:04. Reason: Splitting discussion into VCDS thread, as per Gannu_1's suggestion. :)
Old 4th April 2015, 01:45   #104
BHPian

Hi Guys I have a question. I have a Polo 1.5 TDi Higline 2014 (post-facelift) with the newer RCD 320. However, there is a slight problem with the placement of the bluetooth mic. It is place on the passenger side (co-driver) side of the console and when I call someone my voice is very low like I am sitting very behind.

Is there is any way to fix mic and get a better sounding one or fix up another mic somewhere else? Just fishing for solutions as it is very irritating.

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th April 2015, 09:14   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknight View Post

Is there is any way to fix mic and get a better sounding one or fix up another mic somewhere else? Just fishing for solutions as it is very irritating.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you can do that, as the microphone is inbuilt into the head unit. Only option I think is to change the head unit to something better, may be a RCD 520 with separate bluetooth module.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks