Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 00:43   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance DSG - Now with Paddle Shifts (pg 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
Excellent work with the paddle shift steering!! I really think they should have included it in the elegance model as standard.
Thanks. Yes, they should be. Atleast on the 1.8 Tsi where the fun lies.

Skoda, are you listening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Black grille surround is a OEM Retrofit, or you can get the one you have painted cf wrapped.

Shift pedals make the car so much fun. Since its the DQ200, the car drives 2 gears higher in D than it should for instant acceleration. A quick double tap on the -ve paddle and ur right in the meat of the powerband.

Also start to practice driving it in manual mode using the paddles to shift gears. Will give u helluva edge if u ever plan to autox it. I love it so much that I often find myself putting it in manual mode and driving thru traffic.

Octy VRS has a diffrerent front bumper, which also can be sourced. Would be expensive tho, and u'll need the front fogs. ~ 1L painted n installed.

It will be a bit expensive to get the retrofit surround from superskoda. Wrapping would be a much easier, cheaper and an easily reversible process.

I am not interested in the front bumper. I always feel that the one which comes fitted with the car is best for business. So I am not changing that for sure.

Same for the Fog lamps, I am OK with what is currently there.

Oh and ya, i see the alloys are the regular silver coloured ones compared to Black ones as posted earlier.
I guess there are various variants in the vRS depending on the country(maybe)

And yes, thanks a lot for the advice about the downshifting et all, shall try it tomorrow

I do plan to try the car at the AutoX the next time around or even better, at the next track day.

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 22nd May 2014 at 00:47.
Old 9th July 2014, 19:53   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance DSG - Now with Paddle Shifts (pg 5)

Finally Got a copy of my extended warranty.

I am yet to receive the original one with the Annexures which i shall post as soon as I get my hands on it

Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance DSG - Now with Paddle Shifts (pg 5)-screen-shot-20140709-7.46.34-pm.png

Also, finally got my car registered. Had been driving on a temp number for almost 3 months now.

I actually wanted a good registration number but couldn't do much about it apart from getting a decent enough number. ( I wanted a total sum of last 4 digits to be 5)

The HSNP has been applied for and should be installed by this weekend or the next week beginning.

Also, I have ordered something really interesting. It will take some time for it to land in India and then setup. Can't wait for it. Keep the guessing game on till then.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 21:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Let me be the first to guess. You have ordered a 12v car charger to charge both android and iPhone. Please take proper precautions to set it up as you don't want unnecessary shock from 12v socket
Old 15th October 2014, 18:39   #79
BHPian

Re: More Mods and Accessories

HI abhinav, I wanted to know where you ordered all these accessories from. I have just ordered my 1.8TSI and am interested. I have ordered a few things from superskoda.com as a test... and its been a month no one seems to know where the shipment is!
Old 25th October 2014, 11:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

Re: More Mods and Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaystephen11 View Post
HI abhinav, I wanted to know where you ordered all these accessories from. I have just ordered my 1.8TSI and am interested. I have ordered a few things from superskoda.com as a test... and its been a month no one seems to know where the shipment is!
Hi, superskoda does not provide shipping info but is a reliable website. I am sure you will get your stuff soon.

My accessories have been ordered either through Vagtune or Superskoda
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 20:55   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hi Abhinav, how is the Octavia doing. Just had once question. The GC for the Octavia is 140 mm. Have you had the problem of grounding the undercarriage on Delhi roads. How good is she in terms of tackling the speedbreakers?
Old 25th October 2014, 21:00   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Hi Abhinav, how is the Octavia doing. Just had once question. The GC for the Octavia is 140 mm. Have you had the problem of grounding the undercarriage on Delhi roads. How good is she in terms of tackling the speedbreakers?
HI Rajneesh.. I have been using the 1.8TSI for 7 days now and have had no problems at all in Delhi or Gurgaon.
akshaystephen11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 00:32   #83
BHPian

Hi Abhinav, how is the car performing? Do you miss your beloved laal-pari at times, or the new lover doesn't let you think about her?

What would you say was better in the previous gen Octavia than the new Octavia and which departments is the new Octavia better in?

-Bhargav
Old 5th December 2014, 13:11   #84
BHPian

Very emotional review Abhinav, I really want to thank you for writing detailed discussion regarding colour selection process, we have a kind of similar situation in our family my dad obsessed with whites my wife with cherry red (my 2005 Santro was cherry red). I booked silver Skoda octavia 1.8 TSI (due to emotional pressure) but was not happy about the colour, I read your post, and made my wife read it too. Reading your emotional affair with "Lal Pari", and then" Neeli Pari", my wife finally got convinced about the blue colour. The very next day I called up the sales advisor and asked for the colour change to race blue, he was a bit hesitant about changing the colour, he told me that race blue Skoda octavia 1.8 is not available in race blue, then I told him that people have taken Race Blue Skoda octavia 1.8 elegance from your showroom (as I could make out from your pics that it was Fahrenheit auto kirtinagar). Then I called Skoda India customer care then finally I got a call from the SA that he got a mail regarding my complaint about the colour. He finally told me that colour will be changed but will take a longer time because this colour is not available even at their Aurangabad plant. I finally told them that I have ample of time and I'm in no hurry to buy the car and I can wait for a month longer for my choice of colour which I will be keeping for another 10 years or so. So finally feeling relieved after confirmation of colour change. One question regarding dealer attitude and their service facility, are you satisfied with Fahrenheit auto A. S. S.
Old 18th July 2015, 23:34   #85
BHPian

Re: Multi Function Steering Wheel with Paddle Shifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Had a talk with Sugesh (VAGTUNE).

This is not compatible with the Octavia's paddle shift.

Secondly, he does not recommend using this since it is aftermarket and is taped on using 3M Tapes/Glues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
You should get the paddle shift extenders for your steering it increases the fun of paddle shift all the more. You can check those out at Vagtune's site itself. They cost around 5k.
You definitely should get the paddle extenders, they are a delight to use and give you a more " race car" feel. Yes it is fixed with 3M tape amd I have not had any issues with it at all. Costed me a mere 2.5k here in Dubai. Attaching a picture of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance DSG - Now with Paddle Shifts (pg 5)-img_20150318_174536.jpg  

prithviq8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 19:40   #86
BHPian

Prithvi, I am a bit curious on the rattles being expressed by some of the Octavia owners. Not sure if this was only with the earlier lot. Are you facing the same with your sunroof and OVRMS?
Old 3rd September 2015, 18:27   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Prithvi, I am a bit curious on the rattles being expressed by some of the Octavia owners. Not sure if this was only with the earlier lot. Are you facing the same with your sunroof and OVRMS?
Nope, I'm not facing any rattling noise issues.
Old 2nd October 2016, 10:42   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

I hope that the gearbox reliability doesn't pop up an issue now. The gearbox however is a gem to drive around with. Thanks for the wishes.
Hey there brother! How has the Octy been doing? More than 2 years since the beast arrived! Have you faced any mechanical or DSG issues so far?

I'm planning to buy the Ambition Plus 1.8 TSI variant around next month in the same colour! Simply love it! However I fear the DQ200 gremlins like many others out there. Should i take the plunge? My decision solely depends on your update now

Cheers and happy Revving!
Old 2nd October 2016, 11:59   #89
Senior - BHPian

No issues at all whatsoever except from the regular rattling noises from the sunroof which is rectified at the service or in between. Just have to be careful not to leave the car in Drive mode with brake applied while at red lights or halts ( basic automatic gearbox rule).

It is not my daily drive and hence is less than 30k kms on the ODO till now.

I would say go for it. It is a GEM.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 23:59   #90
BHPian

Now that Vagtune is no more, what do we have in the market to add Paddle Shifters to a Skoda Octavia 2016 1.8 TSI

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks