Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 05:52   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebibendum View Post
MRF in the market for r15 (15 inches) is 4400 and Michelin xm2 energy is 5200 for the same size. I got a good deal of replacing all 5 of them and the dealer paid me 4000 for it... I had to pay 6000 extra for those 5 with a premium difference of 1200 each. I feel that the braking is better and the sound is reduced... Feels like better gripping on the road... Rolling resistance as claimed for Michelin is less, so automatically expecting a little jump in the mileage by some percentage.
Overall my ride on Michelin has been really good till now...

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

My experience with Michelins has not been great. I have never experienced so many punctures in any other tyre. No doubt the comfort is unmatched. Hope you will have a better one.
Old 11th April 2015, 11:37   #137

Re: 2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn

Is anyone facing problems using the bluetooth phone system in this car? Whenever i get a call, I literally have to shout in order to make my voice understood to the caller.
Just got my first 1000 kms done and gave it for the first service, i have reported the problem to Honda. Let's see how it works out this evening when I get the car back.
But my experience till date for the in car call facility has not been great.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th April 2015 at 08:23.
Old 12th April 2015, 08:19   #138
BHPian

2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn

This a known problem with the Bluetooth of sv model where the mic is on the music system itself. The v and vx model have the Bluetooth mic in the map light placed between the 2 sun shades in the roof.

Try switching off the ac fan and then speaking. This improves it a bit. There is no solution to this from Honda.
Old 9th May 2015, 09:54   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
This a known problem with the Bluetooth of sv model where the mic is on the music system itself. The v and vx model have the Bluetooth mic in the map light placed between the 2 sun shades in the roof.

Try switching off the ac fan and then speaking. This improves it a bit. There is no solution to this from Honda.
Not so happy to know this, since the nature of my job makes me take calls. Any permanent solution to this, if any will help. Thanks

Secondly, what is the mileage that is being worked out? I am getting a mighty 12 km per litre, wondering from where the 17.6 km per litre claimed by Honda went.
Old 12th June 2015, 13:22   #140
BHPian

I've been using my VX CVT for a little over 2 months now and have already clocked 6000 kms + on the Odo. So far, I have not had any issues with the Bluetooth - possibly because the microphone on this model is set on the top between the two Map Reading Lights.

With respect to the mileage, in town, I have not dropped below 11 kmpl. On mixed runs, never dropped below 13kmpl.

I did one round trip from Coimbatore to Bangalore and back. Onward journey was only me with minimum luggage. With cruise control set to 90, the MID showed me a mileage of 20.1 kmpl at the 160 kms mark and when I touched silk board junction, it was at 19.1kmpl.

Return on that trip was 3 others + luggage and at the same 90 kmpl, I was still able to attain a respectable 19 kmpl.

On local short distance runs (Coimbatore-Tiruppur-Coimbatore) cc sent to 90 turns out 19 kmpl plus. Increase to 110 kmph and it drops to 17.5kmpl. Increase to 120kmph and it drops to 17kmpl. Push it higher and it drops to 16.2 kmpl.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the way its been performing. All of these mileage readings were with the Econ setting in the "ON" position. The trick I have found, is to resist the urge to mash the throttle to get back to cruising speed, but instead, let the cruise control do its work.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2015 at 13:26. Reason: Post edited. Please don't mention about speeding on the forums! Thanks.
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 10:42   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Not so happy to know this, since the nature of my job makes me take calls. Any permanent solution to this, if any will help. Thanks

Secondly, what is the mileage that is being worked out? I am getting a mighty 12 km per litre, wondering from where the 17.6 km per litre claimed by Honda went.
This is a good mileage, the manual variants are also getting similar mileage. You will get 17-18kmpl in ideal driving conditions that have no or minimum stops, such as outer ring road (Hyd) or expressways.

About the microphone, yes the SV has an issue and hence I only pair my phone's media with BT and not the phone dialer. I take the call using the phone's loudspeaker keeping the phone in my upper shirt pocket.

I wonder if anyone has purchased an external mic to get better call clarity for City SV CVT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Sorry folks. I’ve been a bit busy on lot of other things so haven’t been able to add to this thread much.

My White Unicorn completed around 2.8KM and here is update from my side
Neel, wanted to check if you have completed 20k by now? Did you change the transmission oil? I know the manual asks to change Tranny oil at 40k, but I read somewhere that it is safer to do it at 20k.

Let me know~

Last edited by ampere : 10th December 2015 at 22:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 10th December 2015, 11:46   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
With respect to the mileage, in town, I have not dropped below 11 kmpl. On mixed runs, never dropped below 13kmpl.
Wow! Within the city I see about 9 kmpl on my City SV CVT (Ac always on). I mean typical bumper to bumper whitefield traffic here. Source for the value is the dashboard. I am wondering now if there's something i'm missing.

Additionally I had a few questions that I was hoping someone else has tried:
  1. Has anyone tried to install a remote boot opener (DIY or otherwise)? SV CVT doesn't have this by default. I have read a few threads where some folks tried a DIY. My question is specifically around installing the remote boot lid opener and maybe later adding some springs to have the boot pop open as well
  1. Has anybody else tried Siri on iPhone while paired with the car? While this works beautifully other times, it doesn't while i'm driving. I have seen a Siri specific button on Honda City 2014 pics for Indonesia but not in India. Anyway to get this fixed?
  1. Has anyone tried doing a Flip Key for the 2014 version? The reason I ask is, I do not see the same shape as what is available in most posts or something like keyzone

Any replies appreciated.

Cheers
p06rakeshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 21:29   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p06rakeshb View Post
Wow! Within the city I see about 9 kmpl on my City SV CVT (Ac always on). I mean typical bumper to bumper whitefield traffic here. Source for the value is the dashboard. I am wondering now if there's something i'm missing.
I doubt there's anything wrong. You're actual fuel efficiency maybe lower. MID readings always have some error.

@krishsreedharan might have to deal with lesser traffic in Coimbatore.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
landcruiser123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 10:19   #144
BHPian

@krishsreedharan might have to deal with lesser traffic in Coimbatore.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote]

Definitely dealing with lesser traffic in Coimbatore than in Bangalore.
Old 30th June 2016, 16:51   #145
BHPian

Quote:
MRF in the market for r15 (15 inches) is 4400 and Michelin xm2 energy is 5200 for the same size. I got a good deal of replacing all 5 of them and the dealer paid me 4000 for it... I had to pay 6000 extra for those 5 with a premium difference of 1200 each. I feel that the braking is better and the sound is reduced... Feels like better gripping on the road... Rolling resistance as claimed for Michelin is less, so automatically expecting a little jump in the mileage by some percentage.
Overall my ride on Michelin has been really good till now...

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Hey, Can you click a pic of the side profile of the XM2 on your City? Does it stick out of the body work panels?
Old 16th December 2022, 12:57   #146
BHPian

The White Unicorn is at about 60K and has been doing great (will complete 9 years in March 2023). A trusted no nonsense companion and lately driven around mainly by my wife. I'm still the care taker .

No major issues so far (touch wood). Got tyres replaced with MRF Perfinza 195/60R15 at 50Km mark. I give it to Honda for annual service and have been purchasing extended warranty till now (Honda offers extended warranty till 10 years). Lately have been getting noise from suspension due to wear and tear driving on famous Bangalore roads (or no roads in reality). This is something I'm contemplating to get it addressed. If someone is aware of good place in Bangalore for same, let me know. Plan to keep car for another 1-2 years.

This Dusshera it did get a sibling: the Blue Unicorn.
Update on same here: Blue Unicorn - Audi A4 (2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks