Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 16:04   #601
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

I was interested in checking out the MJD version of the new linea for a test drive. I asked vecto motors about it and they informed that they do not have the MJD vehicle for a TD as it is selling very low and they didn't bother to get one for demo / TD. However they had the Tjet version for a TD.

The sales advisor was least interested in talking about the new vehicle and what it has to offer. Need to check if KHT or others have it.

Given this scenario, how will Fiat ever manage to get some sales going?

Last edited by NFS2024 : 20th September 2016 at 16:10. Reason: wanted to provide full info.
Old 27th September 2016, 19:54   #602
BHPian

The MJD version was available for a ready TD here in Lucknow.

Can someone throw light on the following, since I am yet to drive this MJD?

That is, I happened to drive an S-Cross 1.3 the other day. Its performance was pretty impressive. Does the advanced MJD perform the same way in tuning and gear ratio etc in the Linea, with its 93 bhp? For the sake of comparison here?

Vip.
Old 28th September 2016, 12:25   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
The MJD version was available for a ready TD here in Lucknow.

Can someone throw light on the following, since I am yet to drive this MJD?

That is, I happened to drive an S-Cross 1.3 the other day. Its performance was pretty impressive. Does the advanced MJD perform the same way in tuning and gear ratio etc in the Linea, with its 93 bhp? For the sake of comparison here?

Vip.
I think, it is incorrect to compare the engine performance between two differently structured cars designed for different purposes. Different manufacturers may tune the same engine differently as per their requirements.

Also, before taking the TD of Linea MJD, pls ensure that the demo car has either received the ECU update or it is 2015 manufactured (these cars have updated ECU by default)
Old 7th May 2017, 16:19   #604
BHPian

Its been quite a time since I posted any update on the forum and this thread seemed to have gone cold...time to revv' it up. :-)

Its almost 3 years since I bought the 2014 Tjet and it has been a fantastic ownership so far. It has just crossed 10K and no issues faced so far.

Here's a recent snap of the mighty Tjet relaxing at Mahabaleshwar.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-ssd_tjet_2017_wm.jpg  

Old 9th May 2017, 15:24   #605
BHPian

Guys, have some interesting news to report.

My T-Jet is in need of a fresh set of front disc rotors and pads. I got in touch with Ramkay as well as RDC and both have come back with the news that Fiat's plant itself is out of the brake parts and that their order has still not been taken up.

They expect the order to be taken up on 13th May and the parts dispatched.

Really hurting now.
Old 11th May 2017, 16:30   #606
BHPian

To all Fiat owners @ Pune,

We all know that one of the best service centers of fiat - Pandit Auto at Bavdhan got closed long time back. I had very good experience and had developed a nice rapport with some of the folks there. However with it being closed, I was not sure where I can service my Tjet with the same kind of trust that I had experienced earlier at Pandit Auto, Bavdhan.

Then got to know that Jay-Vijay are now the authorized service center for Fiat. I got my 3rd servicing done at Jay-Vijay and recently heard that they too are no longer with Fiat.
Sky Moto and Rudra (recent new one) were too far for me and I was not inclined to go there.

Worried I got in touch Rahul who was earlier with working with Pandit Auto. As far as I can recall, he was working as a Works Manager with Pandit Auto, bavdhan and he had done very good servicing for my Tjet. He has recently opened his own service center on Pune - Bangalore highway and is currently servicing fiat cars.

Name: Wings Auto Care (opened around 2 months back).
Rahul - 9011079063
Anil - 9175802766

Location : Coming from Chandni Chowk, it is located on right hand side few kms before the Sus overbridge. I am going there tomorrow and will post my experience. I hope he has a decent setup, so let us see how this goes.

Hope this information helps all the fiat owners.
Old 11th May 2017, 16:35   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Guys, have some interesting news to report.

My T-Jet is in need of a fresh set of front disc rotors and pads. I got in touch with Ramkay as well as RDC and both have come back with the news that Fiat's plant itself is out of the brake parts and that their order has still not been taken up.

They expect the order to be taken up on 13th May and the parts dispatched.

Really hurting now.
This is worrisome news indeed. Could you mind sharing how much kms your Tjet has covered so far.
Old 11th May 2017, 18:57   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
This is worrisome news indeed. Could you mind sharing how much kms your Tjet has covered so far.
Its done around 35k kilometres. I have emailed Fiat and had 3 phonecalls with their Customer Care in Pune.

Let's see where this problem goes.
Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 15:28   #609
BHPian

Check this out! The dealership is coming into town!
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-_20170512_152745.jpg  

Old 15th May 2017, 11:46   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
To all Fiat owners @ Pune,

We all know that one of the best service centers of fiat - Pandit Auto at Bavdhan got closed long time back. I had very good experience and had developed a nice rapport with some of the folks there. However with it being closed, I was not sure where I can service my Tjet with the same kind of trust that I had experienced earlier at Pandit Auto, Bavdhan.

Then got to know that Jay-Vijay are now the authorized service center for Fiat. I got my 3rd servicing done at Jay-Vijay and recently heard that they too are no longer with Fiat.
Sky Moto and Rudra (recent new one) were too far for me and I was not inclined to go there.

Worried I got in touch Rahul who was earlier with working with Pandit Auto. As far as I can recall, he was working as a Works Manager with Pandit Auto, bavdhan and he had done very good servicing for my Tjet. He has recently opened his own service center on Pune - Bangalore highway and is currently servicing fiat cars.

Name: Wings Auto Care (opened around 2 months back).
Rahul - 9011079063
Anil - 9175802766

Location : Coming from Chandni Chowk, it is located on right hand side few kms before the Sus overbridge. I am going there tomorrow and will post my experience. I hope he has a decent setup, so let us see how this goes.

Hope this information helps all the fiat owners.
SSD2122 - this is by far the best news i have heard in a long time. Please do post your experience with them as soon as you can!
Old 18th May 2017, 18:52   #611
BHPian

Thank you Ashwin. I have still not been able to go there due to some other pressing engagements. I will post my experience as soon as I am able to go there. Meanwhile if anyone has already been there, would be great to hear their experience.

Last edited by SSD2122 : 18th May 2017 at 18:54.
Old 16th August 2017, 12:22   #612
Senior - BHPian

The GC of the 2014 Tjet is 185mm? I have an active variant with 16" wheels. Was thinking of getting the pre facelift ground clearance kit installed.

Thoughts?
Old 16th August 2017, 15:13   #613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
The GC of the 2014 Tjet is 185mm? I have an active variant with 16" wheels. Was thinking of getting the pre facelift ground clearance kit installed.

Thoughts?
Yes, the version post 2012 (MJD) and 2013 (Tjet) all have 185 mm GC. If you switch to the old suspension set up you will have 170 mm GC with the 16 inch wheels with 205/55 R16 tyres.
Old 16th August 2017, 16:12   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Yes, the version post 2012 (MJD) and 2013 (Tjet) all have 185 mm GC. If you switch to the old suspension set up you will have 170 mm GC with the 16 inch wheels with 205/55 R16 tyres.
Was checking out GTO's review of the old tjet with the 170mm GC. Says it's not all that bad and does not scrape much. I don't care much for the raised butt look and was hoping to get around that.

Also was reading about how the previous suspension was slightly softer and the 185GC had stiffer suspension. Which would be the better handler?

Edit: Has anyone done any performance mods to the linea jet other than remapping it? Struggling to find a decent exhaust setup.

Last edited by deathwalkr : 16th August 2017 at 16:15.
Old 16th August 2017, 16:16   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Was checking out GTO's review of the old tjet with the 170mm GC. Says it's not all that bad and does not scrape much. I don't care much for the raised butt look and was hoping to get around that.

Also was reading about how the previous suspension was slightly softer and the 185GC had stiffer suspension. Which would be the better handler?
Lower GC one any day as lower center of gravity will certainly help. If the road conditions around you is OK without any monstrous speed breakers, go ahead. You wont repent it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks