Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2016, 13:17   #586
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post
Hi All,

I am a T Jet owner and have recently moved to Bangalore from Delhi.

My first service (12 month one) is due. Apparently, there are only two operative service centers in Bangalore - KHT & Vecto.

Please suggest which one is better? I am staying in Bhoopsandra, Sanjay Nagar.

cheers,
Aadya would have been the closest to you, but I don't know if the new SC is up and running.

I have been giving mine to KHT since I got my car and have been very satisfied with the service till now, but their new location isn't really set-up to accept a lot of cars (showroom converted to a temp SC). Since it's the first service, you could call Mr.Sharanappa (+91849420044) the Service Mgr and check if they will take your car. They don't have a car wash facility, so don't expect to get a clean car back.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 07:40   #587
BHPian

Guys,

I'm considering purchasing the T-Jet. And I'm going today to the Skymoto workshop to speak to a service advisor.

Here are the things I'm going to talk to him about, these are basically picked up from ownership reviews of issues faced with the vehicle:

* What is the normal life for : Clutch assembly, Flywheel,alternator and fuel pump?

* If something goes wrong with these components, are they covered in the warranty ( heard that consumables are not);

* If these components do fail before their normal life, will Fiat replace them in good faith, if they are not covered by warranty.

Please let me know if I need to conver more ground during this discussion.

I also understand that developing relationship with the SA might be a crucial part of owning a Fiat!
Old 10th July 2016, 08:01   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_303 View Post
Guys,

I'm considering purchasing the T-Jet. And I'm going today to the Skymoto workshop to speak to a service advisor.

Here are the things I'm going to talk to him about, these are basically picked up from ownership reviews of issues faced with the vehicle:

* What is the normal life for : Clutch assembly, Flywheel,alternator and fuel pump?

* If something goes wrong with these components, are they covered in the warranty ( heard that consumables are not);

* If these components do fail before their normal life, will Fiat replace them in good faith, if they are not covered by warranty.

I also understand that developing relationship with the SA might be a crucial part of owning a Fiat!
I would say develop your contact with the Service Manager. I have found that the SA's tend to leave more often than not.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 10:46   #589

The New lineas pulling towards left, is this a known issue and has fiat fixed it? I am planning to buy a new Linea, and reading through various threads have realized most of the owners have faced this issue. Now in a fix, because I dont want a car which pulls towards left.
Old 18th July 2016, 11:24   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_303 View Post
Guys,

Never heard these parts have a known issue so dont sweat too much. Recently I changed clutch of my MJD at 65K KM and did cost me 10K inclusive labor. My Starter motor was failed at 38K KM while in extended warranty and it was replaced FOC without any drama.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 13:24   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
The New lineas pulling towards left, is this a known issue and has fiat fixed it? I am planning to buy a new Linea, and reading through various threads have realized most of the owners have faced this issue. Now in a fix, because I dont want a car which pulls towards left.
Hello Joseph,

Not just the New Linea, the left pull issue is pretty common with most of the FIAT's, its not a grave concern and it can be fixed with proper WA, WB and rotation where applicable. I too had the issue when I picked the car, however its more than an year now that the issue is fixed and it hasn't come back so far.
The left pull issue ideally should not be a deal breaker as it has a fix. All the best in your decision making .

Cheers,
Pradeep.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 14:28   #592

Thank you for the assurance, just a little worried about new car having a alignment issues. Will speak to the sales guy and see where it goes from there.

Thank you
Old 20th July 2016, 21:19   #593
BHPian

Hi,

Our Linea used to give squealing noise while braking at slow speeds and mostly audible at mornings. I thought the noises would subside after heating up but a few days back, I noticed the brake noise even after hours of journey. The noise seemed to be coming from the rear brakes but I didn't bother much I thought it was because I was sitting in the rear seat after a long time. The street i live has a slope, so to confirm that the noise was from the rear, today i asked dad let the car roll down and pulled the handbrake till 2 clicks, the car continued rolling making the squealing noise. On checking i found this hole in the rear right wheel hub. I think it is a vision hole for examination and the FASS guys might have forgotten to put it back. Now that FASS in Trivandrum(Mohandas Fiat) has shut down, where can i find the part. Can anyone share the part number? Couldnt find in 99rpm
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-wp_20160720_20_17_16_pro.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2016, 13:13   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
Hi,

Now that FASS in Trivandrum(Mohandas Fiat) has shut down, where can i find the part. Can anyone share the part number? Couldnt find in 99rpm
Daiwik motors, Kollam?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 13:44   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Daiwik motors, Kollam?
But driving down all the way to kollam for this small thing. I'd rather resort to some jugaad to seal it for the time being and moreover dad is busy and I can't drive. Im yet to turn 18. If anyone can share the part number I could search on 99rpm or any other online store.
Old 6th August 2016, 12:53   #596
BHPian

I visited the FIAT showroom (Classic Fiat) in Lucknow yesterday. My first visit there...

Purposes:
A kind of practical research for probable car for not so immediate future. Plus, wanted to feel the current Linea since it has many improvements over the previous one that has been rechristened as "classic".

My impressions:

1. First about the showroom...

It is located in a place called Daliganj in Lucknow. I had to almost make two trips to locate the showroom. Eventually I found it out after checking its location in the net etc. For, most of the car showrooms are either on the highway parts of Faizabad Road or on bypass in Lucknow, except for brands like Hyundai and Maruti. Some key players have their hub in the heart of the city too. But, you have to reach Daliganj on a separate mission because you know about the FIAT car. I did drive my brother's Palio long ago for some distance on some occasions.

I asked the people in the showroom about this, and they acknowledged the issue of the location. They also added that they are planning to relocate their showroom and service centre spmewhere near the BMW, Toyota, and Nissan showrooms on Faizabad Road.

2. Linea 1.3 Multijet 2014:
They did not have a new piece other than the TD vehicle. They said the change in the updated 2016 vehicle will be the Smartech AVN with display.

I sat in the car, driver's seat, of course. I had heard much about its ergonomic issues, bad fit and finish, and so on.

a) The instrument cluster is stylish, much smoother than the old version, and easy to read...

b) The door open information is very nice to see and useful.

c) The adjustable driver seat is useful and I did not feel that ergonomics is a serious issue over there. I felt that it can be worked out into a favourable seating position.

d) A telescopic adjustment for the steering will be desirable though... Tilt alone is an old style for the C segment now.

e) The clutch travels too much. But it should not be a deal breaker since it travels much smooth and soft. My Fiesta's is much harder. Linea has however smaller clutch pad.

f) The hydraulic power steering is the major attraction, as I know it as one of the rare things in our days of electric and too light ones. FIAT should not do away with it, I hope.

g) Rich load of features, as I was told and shown. Equipment includes a cruise control.

h) Though the interior quality and style are far better, clean and sober, the plush feeling you get inside a Vento is just not there. FIAT can still make it better, is what it means.

i) Visibility around was very good from the driver's seat. My major experience is that of the driver's seat in the Fiesta which the Autocar magazine certified once as "terrific".

j) I started the car. I had heard about the Diesel Linea being the loudest car in the segment. But this was a surprise. I floored the accelerator in the static position and it was very quiet. That is commendable.

k) Literally no proper bottle-holder in the door panels... what is this? Half litre bottle-holders are simply not enough.

l) Arm-rest can be made more convenient. Bottle-holder can be fitted in addition to the space required for arm-rest, I felt. Is it such a difficult thing to achieve for FIAT?

m) 16 inch alloys with 205/55 tyres are simply great. FIAT gives no assurance on the brand of the tyres though. The usual stock is either MRF or Apollo, as they told me. One will have to change them into better ones, if one desires.

n) The "thud" of the doors No compromise on build yet, it seems.

o) The rear seat appeared as placed on a little height. FIAT can work on it further.

3. Other points:

The dealership is good and offered to give me a test drive instantly. I had but decided to do it later. So that I get more opportunities to assess the car without missing any aspect. Seeing the car has to be different from seeing how it drives. Things like headlights etc will require yet another look.

The dealership, interestingly, is aware of the loyal and committed customers FIAT has got. Then, I wonder, where the problem comes. I told them that I too look for greater power in such a heavy and well built vehicle. What is this petty 1248 cc? It is not even 1.3 L mill properly!

They were not at all in a condition to give me any assurance either on an introduction of the 1.6 L Multijet nor on a new tuning of the existing machine.

Driving the old Fiesta foover five years, I have been wondering where I will get a little more power but with a hydraulic steering and a substantial build... Our needs are no less too!

Ford Fiesta has been dumped by Ford itself. Skoda Rapid is another contender, of course, with its build and hard suspension etc (as I hear), but that comes with EPS. Its facelift is due too.

FIAT seems to be listening to customer feedback and opinions as the way they have addressed many concerns show. But power in the diesel segment is a major area to look at, in the case of Linea.

T-Jet 125-S is for "petrol" heads... That does not solve the power issue... Can it be a 2017 update...? I don't hear Tipo replacing Linea anytime soon... (?)

More after taking a TD sometime later..

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 12:28   #597
BHPian

I have been enjoying my Linea Multijet for the last one and half years. My comments are as below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
c) The adjustable driver seat is useful and I did not feel that ergonomics is a serious issue over there. I felt that it can be worked out into a favourable seating position.
Totally agreed. This issue has been blown out of proportion unnecessarily.

Quote:
d) A telescopic adjustment for the steering will be desirable though... Tilt alone is an old style for the C segment now.
Agreed.

Quote:
h) Though the interior quality and style are far better, clean and sober, the plush feeling you get inside a Vento is just not there. FIAT can still make it better, is what it means.
I felt exactly the opposite when I was TDing Vento. I felt Linea was much more plush and luxurious than Vento or for any other car in that segment. To each his own.

Quote:
j) I started the car. I had heard about the Diesel Linea being the loudest car in the segment. But this was a surprise. I floored the accelerator in the static position and it was very quiet. That is commendable.
I dont think, Linea was noisy ever. Petrol is out of question but even diesel Linea was the smoothest in its class as far as engine noise is concerned.

Quote:
k) Literally no proper bottle-holder in the door panels... what is this? Half litre bottle-holders are simply not enough.
Agreed.

Quote:
n) The "thud" of the doors No compromise on build yet, it seems.
It is really very very assuring.

Quote:
o) The rear seat appeared as placed on a little height. FIAT can work on it further.
Again, this is a subjective point. I didnt feel this.

Quote:
Then, I wonder, where the problem comes. I told them that I too look for greater power in such a heavy and well built vehicle. What is this petty 1248 cc? It is not even 1.3 L mill properly!
I hope, their TD car has got the recent ECU update. This update has made the Linea diesel as lively as the TJet. The pickup is now butter smooth. I have never felt that the car needs more power even in ghats and while overtaking also.
Old 8th August 2016, 13:17   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
I felt exactly the opposite when I was TDing Vento. I felt Linea was much more plush and luxurious than Vento or for any other car in that segment. To each his own.
That is subjective, certainly. And, my look at the Vento interior was quite old... I had felt it to be premium at that time.

Quote:
I dont think, Linea was noisy ever. Petrol is out of question but even diesel Linea was the smoothest in its class as far as engine noise is concerned.
Thanks for this feedback. It is reassuring. I did feel it to be very quiet, with zero vibration that the vehicle was started...

Quote:
I hope, their TD car has got the recent ECU update. This update has made the Linea diesel as lively as the T-Jet. The pickup is now butter smooth. I have never felt that the car needs more power even in ghats and while overtaking also.
I had indeed a lengthy discussion with the guys there about the power issue. They suggested that I take a TD, and I could do so on the highway too, they said. I was expressing my doubts about Linea Diesel gasping for breath once it touches a speed of 120 kmph. T-Jet is a different story, but the 1.3 L Multijet makes me doubt...
But they did not tell me anything about ECU update. Do you mean to say that the update of the engine control unit is coming in all the Lineas presently?

One more thing, if you can tell me...and that is about how it drives.
After the increase in its ground clearance, how does it hold on to the curves? How much do you feel body roll? What about stability and pliancy in the ride, while on highways...?

Vipin.
Old 8th August 2016, 14:18   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I had indeed a lengthy discussion with the guys there about the power issue. They suggested that I take a TD, and I could do so on the highway too, they said. I was expressing my doubts about Linea Diesel gasping for breath once it touches a speed of 120 kmph. T-Jet is a different story, but the 1.3 L Multijet makes me doubt...
But they did not tell me anything about ECU update. Do you mean to say that the update of the engine control unit is coming in all the Lineas presently?

One more thing, if you can tell me...and that is about how it drives.
After the increase in its ground clearance, how does it hold on to the curves? How much do you feel body roll? What about stability and pliancy in the ride, while on highways...?

Vipin.
Yes, its a Engine Control Unit (ECU) update which has been given by Fiat to all facelifted Lineas and Puntos (Post 2014). The update has been given some months back, but I am not sure if every dealer has carried that out especially on the TD cars. As per my information, all 2015 manufactured Lineas have this update by default. But a TD car may be 2014 one so you need to specifically ask for that.

As far as driving dynamics is concerned, its a sheer pleasure (especially once the car has a few thousand KMs on the odo). The increased ground clearance ensures that the car doesnt kiss any speed breaker or our national treasures (read "potholes") I have driven the car across different types of roads in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan etc. The car feels rock stable on any surface. On highways, it easily cruises at well above 100 KMPH (I am not mentioning the actual number as it may not be apt to do so ) Linea is surely the best in the segment as far as ride quality and driving dynamics are concerned.
Old 8th August 2016, 15:02   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, its a Engine Control Unit (ECU) update which has been given by Fiat to all facelifted Lineas and Puntos (Post 2014). The update has been given some months back, but I am not sure if every dealer has carried that out especially on the TD cars. As per my information, all 2015 manufactured Lineas have this update by default. But a TD car may be 2014 one so you need to specifically ask for that.
Thanks for the quick reply vinit!

That it comes with an updated ECU these days, is something they did not bother to tell me, despite my telling them about the 1.3 L diesel mill works in Maruti Dzire and Tata Manza. Instead, they offered me test drive and asked me to check it myself. Anyway, that resolves it that way.

They were telling me that all that their TD vehicle does not have is the Smartech AVN... which the new ones are equipped with.

Vipin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks