Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2015, 16:32   #571
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Inquire in the showroom as well, as the website prices will not have discounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Have prices gone up since the facelift was launched ?

Launch price for the T-jet top variant was 9.01 lacs as per the second post in this thread. Now the price is 9.78 lacs as per the FIAT India website http://www.fiat-india.com/newlinea/
Old 27th September 2015, 19:04   #572
BHPian

Sorry to barge in this thread since mine not the 2014 Linea but I have to say that Linea is possibly one of the most reliable vehicles I have owned.

I took the Linea from Chennai to Leh in a marathon trip fully loaded with 4 people and loads of luggage and in not a single place it gave any sort of issue considering that we did the full Leh circuit (except Zaskar/Wari la) and exited via Manali.

Since two people were driving, the car ran for something like 33,24 hours ..etc with only small pitstops and all that was required after the trip was a water wash.The car was dropped into pot holes and rocks like how one would drive a Road roller and still it came out without even a rattle. The tires were continental MC5's and I still have no clue how we managed the trip without a sidewall cut considering the amount of sidewall hits it took.

It impressed my fellow passenger so much that he sold his Swift VDI and bought a Punto 90. Saying that, someone paid 4.8 Lakhs for his 80K driven 4 years old Swift and he will get a heart attack when he sells his punto .

Some pictures of the trip.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-tobeposted1.jpg  

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-tobeposted2.jpg  

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-tobeposted3.jpg  

Aceman82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 12:20   #573
BHPian

Are there any Fiat Linea Classic owners on TBhp? I am considering buying the Classic and want to take a few inputs before i take a decision.
Old 22nd February 2016, 20:15   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Are there any Fiat Linea Classic owners on TBhp? I am considering buying the Classic and want to take a few inputs before i take a decision.
So i am not a Linea classic owner - yet my 2 cents.

I would advice against buying the Linea Classic as none of the classic variants get airbags ( not even driver airbags) , the ABS though is offered on the classic + (only)

Would suggest you to go for the new Linea , Dynamic or Emotion variant.

Also the engine in a classic (diesel) is tuned only for 76 BHP, in the new Linea you get 93 BHP.
Old 24th February 2016, 21:50   #575
BHPian

The linea (T-jet version) has to be one of the best driver's cars in the C2 segment. This was my top pick when I was looking out for a new car in late 2014; the facelifted version with the much better interiors had just been released then. The steering feeling and handling is the best in this segment, though I didn't like the seating position and the gearbox. I ended up buying from a segment above (Jetta), but if I were to choose from the C2 segment cars, the linea would be the top pick.

A couple of key things that stood out for me other than the superior handling & steering:
- 16 inch alloys in the top end version. No other C2 segment car has 16 inch alloys as standard (I think the Ciaz also has 16 inchers, but that car was not yet released at that time)
- disc brakes on all the 4 wheels - again not present in any other C2 segment car
- the tank like build. The honda city in comparision left like a tin can!

Best,
anandpkumar
Old 21st June 2016, 06:42   #576
BHPian

Hi guys,

Apologies if I'm bumping am old thread.

I test drove a Tjet yesterday, and was it awesome or what! The otr price quoted is ~ 10 lacs. I have the following questions on which guidance will be very helpful:

1. Is the Linea Tjet a reliable car?
2. How is the fiat ass? I'm at Pune (PCMC), which is a good service centre here?
3. I have read some horror stories about their service and part availability. I'm told that it is much better now lost break up with Tata. Is that correct?
4. I'm very finicky about vehicle safety ( the car seems very safe) and peaceful ownership. Hence caught in this quandary... Is the Tjet the right car for me?
Old 21st June 2016, 13:18   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_303 View Post
Is the Linea Tjet a reliable car?
Yes. My car is closing in on 5 years and not a single part or component has failed from the date of purchase. The T Jet engine is a reliable motor.

Quote:
How is the fiat ass?
Service is a mixed bag and it is better that someone who lives in your city, guides you to the best service station to take your car. My guess is there may be only one or two facilities in Pune.

Quote:
Is that correct?
No. To be honest, little has changed post the split of the service facility with Tata. If there is a critical part failure, the minimum wait will be a week so you must brace yourself for that. With the plant being just outside Pune city limits, procurement of parts maybe faster than any other city.

Quote:
Is the Tjet the right car for me?
I hate to say this but my honest answer is No. If peace of mind is what you want, you need to look at a Japanese or Korean car.

Unfortunately; what you will never get to experience on any other car you buy, in the Linea's segment, is the driving experience. Even after 6+ years, this car remains the absolute best when it comes to driving pleasure.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 13:50   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Even after 6+ years, this car remains the absolute best when it comes to driving pleasure.
Agree with that completely. I got my TJet in November, 2015 and love it to the max. First drove it sometime in 2011 and when it came to buying one in 2015, only new Ford Fiesta came close but then the TJet won.
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 09:11   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I hate to say this but my honest answer is No. If peace of mind is what you want, you need to look at a Japanese or Korean car.

Unfortunately; what you will never get to experience on any other car you buy, in the Linea's segment, is the driving experience. Even after 6+ years, this car remains the absolute best when it comes to driving pleasure.
Couldn't agree more. Fabulous car to drive, but service could be iffy. No major issues in my 2+ years of ownership, except for the nice big smile everytime I take it out.
Old 22nd June 2016, 10:06   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

2. How is the fiat ass? I'm at Pune (PCMC), which is a good service centre here?
3. I have read some horror stories about their service and part availability. I'm told that it is much better now lost break up with Tata. Is that correct?
4. I'm very finicky about vehicle safety ( the car seems very safe) and peaceful ownership. Hence caught in this quandary... Is the Tjet the right car for me?
It is not an old thread mate. Only that TJet owners spend more time driving it for their love of driving than writing about it here. Hehe..

1. Yes, it is a reliable car. No doubts there.
2. I will simplify it for you. Only Maruti and Hyundai have a predictably good A.S.S. Honda for example is one of the worst. Fiat/Ford/Tata lie in between with some really good to some really bad service centers. You should do whatever it takes to know how Fiat A.S.S. is in Pune and choose the best cervice center and you should be fine. Invest some time on this, now. Justdial.com for example have a user rating data for many businesses. Also, you see a Fiat car, you go and catch the owner and you ask for the best service center around. Collect this data.
3. While it might take longer to get parts that are less replaced, possibly in case of an accident, it shouldn't be something to worry about. Again, if you have a good service center, they won't take long to get those parts. Yes, there can be a case of delay from manufacturing facility itself but no company makes parts on order obviously.
As long as a car is in production, you are good.
4. Even Honda City has got niggles now. There is a separate thread on the same. You can go through this thread and as others have just pointed out, Linea is a reliable car. If it doesn't get ill, it need not be taken to the doctor. Peace of ownership granted. Linea is built like a tank, it is as solid a car as it could be. Of course Japenese cars can't give you this feel even if they get rated 5 stars in safety tests. So hell yeah, it is the right car for you.
I was in the same dilemma as Vinodh Gowda last year and somehow found the Fiesta to be more precise and crisp in handelling department and went ahead with it, though Linea's suspension is just unmatched, best riding car it is.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:11   #581
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

I test drove a Tjet yesterday, and was it awesome or what! The otr price quoted is ~ 10 lacs. I have the following questions on which guidance will be very helpful:

Though I do not own a TJet, answers to most of your queries are in here The-story-of-Oceanic-Blue-T-Jet
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 16:45   #582
BHPian

Quote:
My T-jet has done ~50K KMs in 4.5 years, and so far it has never let me down on any trip. It's aging quite well and it should be able to last till NGT kills it. The engine feels as good as new even now, with a terrific turbo-kick (you might not find that in newer versions) and fantastic acceleration.

Quote:
With the volume that most FASS manage, it's practically impossible for them to maintain inventory levels like Maruti or Hyundai, still they seem to do a good job with critical parts (especially if you know the right people at FASS).

Quote:
In terms of safety, I don't think you can find a better car at this price point. The entire package (build quality, safety features, and brakes) gives a sense of confidence that very few cars in this segment or even a segment above can offer.

Peaceful ownership - Here are my 2 cents on it...

In the past ~5 years of owning a Fiat and observing other Fiat owners I feel most Fiat owners tend to go overboard with preventive maintenance almost to the level of an OCD for identifying niggles. While the intent is to get a peaceful ownership experience and the love for car, it results in numerous trips to the FASS, unnecessary warranty claims, avoidable escalations, and lot of heartburn.

I did the same for first 2.5 years and reached a point where I was so frustrated with FASS that I wished Linea T-jet were manufactured by Hyundai. Took some time off the car and went over all the issues I was facing and then asked myself how many of them were really critical? I decided to change my philosophy to "Don't fix what ain't broken". It has been two years since I have started following that philosophy, and both my Fiats (A Linea T-jet and Punto MJD) seem to be performing exceedingly well without any issues. They still get their share or TLC but I am less paranoid about issues or things going wrong with the car.

You may read about my ownership experience here
Biraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:49   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
I bought the T Jet (2014) on 29th September 2014. Completed 30900 kms till now. Never had any serious issues with the car. I believe you can call the T Jet a 'reliable' car. I have described my initial ownership experience in the forum - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...xperience.html

The service experience was not bad till now - after the first month so after after purchase i went there only for regular scheduled service. However, the Fiat service center (Manakular motors) have closed down in Pondy and i am bracing myself for some 'inconvenience' from now on.

The car is extremely good - safety, driving experience, reliability etc.
I only wish Fiat was more 'proactive' in the Indian market..
sparameswaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:45   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

I own a Linea (since June 2009) and Punto (since June 2010). I have been doing yearly long trips to Goa and some trips around Pune now and then.In all these years, both cars have performed exceptionally well, no issues what so ever. No rattles.

Coming to ASS in Pune. Pandit Auto (after split with Tata) was really doing good at Bavdhan. However its closed down now, they still operate in PCMC, however they are not authorised. Meaning, you can't do warranty claims there.

Jay VIjay has been doing really good and have improved their service. Correct diagnosis, all spares available, good waiting lounge, central part of Pune. And after the service is done follow up by the CRM to check if the servicing went ok. Checks all the boxes. What else you need?

Buy Tjet with eyes closed.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 12:18   #585
BHPian

Hi All,

I am a T Jet owner and have recently moved to Bangalore from Delhi.

My first service (12 month one) is due. Apparently, there are only two operative service centers in Bangalore - KHT & Vecto.

Please suggest which one is better? I am staying in Bhoopsandra, Sanjay Nagar.

cheers,

Most Viewed