Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 02:35   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

No, isofix latch points are not provided in the domestic version.

If it helps most baby seats however can be anchored using the 3 point seat belts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Hello folks, Can anyone tell me if there is an isofix for child's seat in this vehicle? I saw some international versions of linea having it. Not sure if the indian version has it. The specs sheet also doesn't mention it ?
Old 31st July 2015, 05:47   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
Checked this with Torrid Fiat in Mumbai. They dont seem to be aware of the ECU update. They themselves asked me, how did I come to know about this ?
Hello Vinit,

From what I came to know from FASS there was a circular issued to all the centers across India. Also I know some folks from Bangalore, Chennai and NCR locations who have got this update done from FASS. So Torrid is in slumber, give them an earful .

Cheers,
Pdma.
Old 15th August 2015, 20:02   #558
BHPian

Hi, Thinking of buying Future generali insurance for a new T-jet in Bangalore. Mainly because it has cashless through-out India for Fiat. Any other recommendations?
ssateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 08:11   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Hi, Thinking of buying Future generali insurance for a new T-jet in Bangalore. Mainly because it has cashless through-out India for Fiat. Any other recommendations?
Sensible choice, pls go ahead. Its true that FG has a national tie up with Fiat, hence the cashless would be applicable all over India. Is the Insurance from the dealer or on your own?
Old 17th August 2015, 08:56   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Sensible choice, pls go ahead. Its true that FG has a national tie up with Fiat, hence the cashless would be applicable all over India. Is the Insurance from the dealer or on your own?
It will be my own. Categorically said to the dealer that I am not interested in their offer
Old 18th August 2015, 14:43   #561
BHPian

A colleague's recent observation with FG in Bangalore (Vecto): they seem to have outsourced their claiming process to freelancers. Took him a while to actually get a damage survey done by the FG's agent.
Old 18th August 2015, 22:31   #562
Senior - BHPian

Its' not just FG but almost all companies barring a few PSUs have outsourced both the survey and the paperwork for claims processes. The actuarial department remains in house apart from the usual marketing, accounting etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
A colleague's recent observation with FG in Bangalore (Vecto): they seem to have outsourced their claiming process to freelancers. Took him a while to actually get a damage survey done by the FG's agent.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 17:07   #563
BHPian

Finally got the ECU update done. Here are my observations.

1.Pick up in 1st and 2nd gear is now butter smooth.

2.Sluggishness (when AC used to be ON) is completely vanished and pick up without AC is absolutely "kicking"

3.Adequate power in every gear. As a test, Drove the car at 30 KM/h in 5th gear without feeling any need to downshift. This will surely help the mileage.

4.Turbo is definitely kicking now much earlier and yes, the engine is sounding smoother and rev friendly.

I think that, now after this update, it will be very difficult for the prospective owners to differentiate between MJD and TJet as far as performance is concerned.
vinit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 18:52   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
Finally got the ECU update done. Here are my observations.

1.Pick up in 1st and 2nd gear is now butter smooth.

2.Sluggishness (when AC used to be ON) is completely vanished and pick up without AC is absolutely "kicking"

3.Adequate power in every gear. As a test, Drove the car at 30 KM/h in 5th gear without feeling any need to downshift. This will surely help the mileage.

4.Turbo is definitely kicking now much earlier and yes, the engine is sounding smoother and rev friendly.

I think that, now after this update, it will be very difficult for the prospective owners to differentiate between MJD and TJet as far as performance is concerned.
Seems FIAT has in a way Remapped your car . I hope FIAT will proactively update ECU for newer cars whenever come for servicing.
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:31   #565
BHPian

PDMA, is there any update for the 75 HP engines?

Last edited by jetti : 22nd September 2015 at 18:32.
Old 23rd September 2015, 04:59   #566
BHPian

Finally the Linea comes home.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-1442964533401.jpg  

Blue Bird is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 20:03   #567
Senior - BHPian

Have prices gone up since the facelift was launched ?

Launch price for the T-jet top variant was 9.01 lacs as per the second post in this thread. Now the price is 9.78 lacs as per the FIAT India website http://www.fiat-india.com/newlinea/
Old 26th September 2015, 09:36   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Have prices gone up since the facelift was launched ?

Launch price for the T-jet top variant was 9.01 lacs as per the second post in this thread. Now the price is 9.78 lacs as per the FIAT India website http://www.fiat-india.com/newlinea/
Where have you been sir? In 1 and a half years, an increase on less than 10% is not that much if you see how prices of other cars have gone up recently.
Old 26th September 2015, 11:16   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Where have you been sir? In 1 and a half years, an increase on less than 10% is not that much if you see how prices of other cars have gone up recently.
The only price hike I'm aware of is the excise rollback by the Union government in Dec 2014, but that would not lead to a 80K hike - I haven't done the exact calculations though to be sure on that.

Has there been a separate price hike announced by FIAT since the facelift ? Price increases are generally announced in the media and also reported on t-bhp, and I closely follow these. I ran a quick search on google and t-bhp but couldn't find any media reports or press releases on a price increase by FIAT.

Although unlikely, maybe the price increase was not announced by FIAT ? Does anyone on the forum know when FIAT increased the prices ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 26th September 2015 at 11:34.
Old 27th September 2015, 10:47   #570
BHPian

The prices were increased with effect from May 23 2015. The hike was about 9000 rupees, which pushed the prices of TJet emotion in Mumbai to a shade over 10 lakhs which resulted in 1% more road tax.

The earlier price hike was in Jan 2015 which was rationalising prices due to excise reduction being removed.
thedragula is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks