Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2015, 11:06   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post

How does the Linea look in the below shade (Sunbeam Beige)?

Credits to the pics: The Interweb.

Flame me for posting this FINTAIL, but I was a tiny bit when I thought I saw the old Chevy Optra on a Linea thread.

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-d4c0d6c3105b877a715e9db9d58e51ff.jpg

IMO the Linea facelift looks a lot like the first gen Chevy Optra in that first pic, may be since GM had a similar shade available for that car as well.

I know people have discussed, argued, dismissed or applauded the Linea facelift, but I can assure that everybody agrees the pre-facelift looked "Timeless".

I am not the big fan of the facelift on both the Linea & Punto Evo, but if I had a choose a color on the Linea Facelift, it has to be White and Black in that order.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 30th January 2015 at 11:10.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 17:58   #512
BHPian

Just back from a through PDI , We took close to 2 hours and definitely satisfied with the end result.

All pics were taken from my cell phone camera and hence the quality is not good, kindly excuse.

First look after the unloading and a quick water spray

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-first-pic.jpg

A picture from the AV Motors Service Center

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-av-motors.jpg

The Tyres I got were Good Year. The tires have the small spikes on them confirming the less run.

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-tyre.jpg

A picture of the ODO meter with the " H " symbol

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-odo-meter-reading.jpg

Through checkup in progress

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-ramp.jpg

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-pic.jpg

The following minor issues were noticed and they would be corrected before delivery.

1) The rubber of the wiper blades has hardened and would be replaced
2) A small screw cap was found missing
3) Some deposits of rust noticed on the disc breaks which are expected to be cleaned before delivery
4) The cabin light switch has some play and need some adjustment.

Rest of the car looked good no issues like scratches & dents noticed.

Each and every element in the cabin along with every feature was thoroughly tested to satisfaction.

Another random view

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-another-view.jpg

The PDI Team from AV Motors has been very cooperative. They were patient and did not rush us through and I thank them for the time they allowed us with the car.

If things work as expected I should have my hands on the wheel before this weekend.

Last edited by pdma : 16th February 2015 at 18:14.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 09:35   #513
Senior - BHPian

Those look like 15" alloys even on the mid variant. Nice. It is not a design I have seen before on the Linea.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 10:18   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Those look like 15" alloys even on the mid variant. Nice. It is not a design I have seen before on the Linea.
This is the Dynamic variant which gets the 15 inchers and the alloys are different on the emotion which gets the 16 inchers. The 10 spokes 15 inchers looks a little bland to me. The wheel caps on active variant is nice too.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 10:22   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The 10 spokes 15 inchers looks a little bland to me.
Not bad for the mid variant to get Alloys. Definitely better than steel wheel rims. Have not seen this being offered on any other car from the segment and lower. It is always the top end variant that gets Alloys as standard, not the mid or lower.

I am aware of the size difference between Dynamic and Emotion.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 10:31   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not bad for the mid variant to get Alloys. Definitely better than steel wheel rims. Have not seen this being offered on any other car from the segment and lower. It is always the top end variant that gets Alloys as standard, not the mid or lower.

I am aware of the size difference between Dynamic and Emotion.
Off topic. Tata goes step further Zest gets alloys for all variants.

Source - Zest brochure

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-capture.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 12:10   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
If things work as expected I should have my hands on the wheel before this weekend.
Congrats on the successful PDI. Did you enquire about the Wheel Alignment/balancing for the car. There have been many reports by new Linea owners of the car pulling towards left. Enquire with the dealer if they have factory alignment/balancing report.

BTW what colour is the car, could not make out from the pics? Looking forward to an ownership thread soon.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 22:51   #518
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if the factory would even be generating a balancing or alignment report(hard copy), let alone sending it out to dealerships. They do check them all but the production procedure calls for self check, correct and certify. Soft reports for production accounting etc are for internal consumption and not shared outside.

The colour appears to be 'minimal grey' however let the OP clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
.....Enquire with the dealer if they have factory alignment/balancing report.

BTW what colour is the car, could not make out from the pics? Looking forward to an ownership thread soon.
Old 18th February 2015, 08:03   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I doubt if the factory would even be generating a balancing or alignment report(hard copy), let alone sending it out to dealerships. They do check them all but the production procedure calls for self check, correct and certify. Soft reports for production accounting etc are for internal consumption and not shared outside.
I am told that every car manufacturer sends out the basic paperwork along with the car when rolled out of the factory and these include the WA/WB report, factory PDI, Manuals, warranty cards etc. The dealer don't pass it to the customer unless asked for. I had got it for my Ford Fiesta (when I insisted on it) and got all except WA/WB report for my Fiat Punto (again insisted).
Old 18th February 2015, 14:34   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Sandeep they are 15 inch alloys and honestly IMO they look better than what some competitors offer on their top end variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The 10 spokes 15 inchers looks a little bland to me. The wheel caps on active variant is nice too.
I totally agree to this point the 16 incher's look awesome.
Thanks a ton krishna for all the advice and discussions we had during the purchase.

Quote:
Congrats on the successful PDI. Did you enquire about the Wheel Alignment/balancing for the car.
Thank You,

Yes I asked about the wheel balancing and alignment , the dealership agreed to have that setting done as per the requirement after the formalities are complete.
Currently they would not be able to run the car for testing as they do not have permissions.So far the experience with AV has been good and Iam sure they will stick to what they committed.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

The colour appears to be 'minimal grey' however let the OP clarify.
The ownership thread will definitely be up at the earliest.
The color is Magnesium grey , my initial choise was pearl white however as the stock was not available I had to settle with this which still looks pretty good .

Quote:
I am told that every car manufacturer sends out the basic paperwork along with the car when rolled out of the factory and these include the WA/WB report, factory PDI, Manuals, warranty cards etc. The dealer don't pass it to the customer unless asked for. I had got it for my Ford Fiesta (when I insisted on it) and got all except WA/WB report for my Fiat Punto (again insisted).
I was not aware of this. Thank you for the info let me check with the dealer on the same.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 18th February 2015, 14:43   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Just back from a through PDI , We took close to 2 hours and definitely satisfied with the end result.
Congrats. Grey looks good on linea. What is the OTR cost and how much discount were you able to extract.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 16:10   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats. Grey looks good on linea. What is the OTR cost and how much discount were you able to extract.
Thank You mate.

The final OTR was 9.5 L. The actual price of the car post the revised excise duty is 11.4 L in Hyderabad.
The reason for the heavy discount is that I opted for the 2014 model. The price of this variant was 10.8 OTR in Hyderabad before the price revision.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 18:38   #523
BHPian

I got a call from Pune fiat dealer - Pandit Auto. It was a recall for new fiat linea. I was told it was for the charging socket wiring which Fiat service folks would be changing and that it would take max. 10 to 15 mins. 20 and 21st Feb'15 are the dates allocated to Bavdhan workshop when fiat personnel would be there. Going there this Friday.
SSD2122 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 12:35   #524
BHPian

I received my 2014 T-Jet active on 14-Feb-2015. I will post an ownership thread with pictures later. In the meanwhile, I have a question about brakes. I hear a sound (coo...) when I apply brake - is it normal ? It's particularly audible in a quiet environment, at slow speed (e.g., parking at my apartment basement, no ambient noise).
Old 19th February 2015, 17:59   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
I received my 2014 T-Jet active on 14-Feb-2015. I will post an ownership thread with pictures later. In the meanwhile, I have a question about brakes. I hear a sound (coo...) when I apply brake - is it normal ? It's particularly audible in a quiet environment, at slow speed (e.g., parking at my apartment basement, no ambient noise).
Congrats!

Try lightly engaging the handbrakes and drive around for a few hundred metres. And then see if you still reproduce your symptom.

Most Viewed