Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 13:09   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

15.7 is possible honestly on really long sustained drives and not in day to day city driving with traffic. Expect 9 KMPL - expect the mileage to climb up by 20% or so if not using the AC . So now that we have winter in Delhi here and the AC is off , i have jumped from 9 to about 11.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
The Linea gets 15.7 and the City gets 17.8 for the petrol motors - ARAI spec mileage.
Old 14th November 2014, 13:12   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
15.7 is possible honestly on really long sustained drives and not in day to day city driving with traffic. Expect 9 KMPL - expect the mileage to climb up by 20% or so if not using the AC . So now that we have winter in Delhi here and the AC is off , i have jumped from 9 to about 11.5.
15.7 - You are driving like an old man/woman
9 kmpl -You are driving the T-Jet as it should be
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 13:13   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
That's @JayKis tjet racing the KTM. Amazing drive.

TJet satisfys both enthusiasts and economist. Only problem economist find is control over their right foot :-) . with tjet it is really hard.

Nicely penned experience. Wish you many many happy miles. Keep this thread active by sharing you good bad and happy moments.
mchanna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 21:27   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
15.7 - You are driving like an old man/woman
9 kmpl -You are driving the T-Jet as it should be
The idea was to quote ARAI number for comparative analysis. Individual numbers vary from season to season and city to city and varying driving styles. ARAI numbers provide a relatively more neutral way of comparing FE across cars and segments to make a relatively better judgement.
dipen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 15:32   #455
BHPian

Can anyone throw light on differences in ride quality of linea with the Jetta ?
Old 25th November 2014, 11:17   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
Can anyone throw light on differences in ride quality of linea with the Jetta ?
I had booked the Jetta but later decided to wait for the facelift. These are my impressions of the Jetta in comparison to my Linea. We all know Linea is built like a tank. But if Linea is a tank, Jetta is a rock. Built quality is a step higher than the Linea and as a result the cocooned/safe feeling is all the more pronounced in the Jetta. It feels very solid. Jetta is wider and heavier than the Linea and that means the overall up and down motion is less in the Jetta when going over undulating roads. I think both these cars are a bit familiar in the way it soaks up the potholes though. Jetta is more silent & stable in this regard. The major difference then comes in the form of seats. Jettas leather seats are very comfy in comparison to Lineas firm fabric seats. And that has a big impact on ride quality. My Linea now rides on Pirelli centuratos and it did improve the ride. If you can put in comfy seat covers and better set of tyres on the Linea it should be able to deliver almost 85-90% of Jettas ride quality. But that extremely solid and stable feel still cannot be matched by the Linea. These are my initial impressions of the Jetta from the small TD I had. Again I felt that the ride of the Jetta is almost as good as the other more expensive Germans. May be because Jetta rides on 16 inch wheels but I felt the ride to be almost comparable to A4s and A6s. A3 didn't feel as comfy as the Jetta. Hope I have cleared your query.
SUPERSPORT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 22:28   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
I had booked the Jetta but later decided to wait for the facelift. These are my impressions of the Jetta in comparison to my Linea. We all know Linea is built like a tank. But if Linea is a tank, Jetta is a rock. Built quality is a step higher than the Linea and as a result the cocooned/safe feeling is all the more pronounced in the Jetta. It feels very solid. Jetta is wider and heavier than the Linea and that means the overall up and down motion is less in the Jetta when going over undulating roads. I think both these cars are a bit familiar in the way it soaks up the potholes though. Jetta is more silent & stable in this regard. The major difference then comes in the form of seats. Jettas leather seats are very comfy in comparison to Lineas firm fabric seats. And that has a big impact on ride quality. My Linea now rides on Pirelli centuratos and it did improve the ride. If you can put in comfy seat covers and better set of tyres on the Linea it should be able to deliver almost 85-90% of Jettas ride quality. But that extremely solid and stable feel still cannot be matched by the Linea. These are my initial impressions of the Jetta from the small TD I had. Again I felt that the ride of the Jetta is almost as good as the other more expensive Germans. May be because Jetta rides on 16 inch wheels but I felt the ride to be almost comparable to A4s and A6s. A3 didn't feel as comfy as the Jetta. Hope I have cleared your query.
Thanks supersport. That was a detailed and helpful reply. That's saying a lot for the Jetta if comparable to the Audi sisters. Is the linea bad on undulating roads ? My i20 bobs and bobs and bobs on such roads which I just hate.
Old 25th November 2014, 23:16   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
Thanks supersport. That was a detailed and helpful reply. That's saying a lot for the Jetta if comparable to the Audi sisters. Is the linea bad on undulating roads ? My i20 bobs and bobs and bobs on such roads which I just hate.
No the Linea isn't bad on undulating roads. And don't even compare a Linea with the i20! It's in a different league all together. Lineas suspension is firm yet compliant which performs great on such roads. There is no such bobing or boat like feeling. Firm suspension means once you go over a dip or something like that it's dismissed once and for all. No more pitching up and down motion. Both the Linea and Jetta rides like its glued to the road ( handles same way too). Just that the Jetta being 3 times the cost of a Linea there's still some difference left. If you are looking for a car with great ride, handling, brakes and build quality you cannot go wrong with the Linea. To make things more clear, Lineas ride, handling & brakes are significantly better than the Polo( my other ride). Although I would say polo/ vento is second best to Linea/punto on these parameters, still the difference between them is high. Please do take a detailed TD of the Linea. Also check out the new fiesta too.

Last edited by SUPERSPORT : 25th November 2014 at 23:19.
SUPERSPORT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 17:12   #459
Senior - BHPian

So after 5 months, gave in to temptation and ICEd my tjet

Stock headunit
Rockford Fosgate Line out convertor
JBL s644 4 channel amp
Polk db6501 comps in front
Kicker comp subwoofer
stock speakers in rear door powered by hu

Gave it at car palace here in trivandrum who have years in experience. took them more than 3 hours just for this!

For the first hour, one guy was working. Then for the next two hours 3 guys were working on my car. They were quite surprised at the stubborn quality of fixtures in the car.

Now finally good to have some bass in my metal \m/ I just need to keep reminding myself to switch off the amp switch every-time :P
Old 28th November 2014, 20:32   #460
BHPian

Greetings folks.

I have booked a 2014 T-Jet emotion in Tuscan Wine from Fiat Caffe at Bangalore.

They say there are no discounts at present, but had offered to give me insurance for free (a claimed value of 33k) .

Currently , they say that there is a car allocated to me from the factory, with the VIN MCAxxxxxFJZ - indicating a June '14 manufacturing date.

After reading the TBHP thread on buying a new car with an older manufacturing date, I'm doubtful and hoped to get some inputs from folks here!

- Are there any discounts for 2014 facelifted T-jet variants?
- Is it normal for a 6 month old car to be sitting in the factory / to be delivered?
- Any chance of asking for a newer car from the factory?
Old 28th November 2014, 22:44   #461
BHPian

I need some advice on a booking. I am trying to book a Fiat Linea T-Jet Dynamic in Trivandrum and have been told that the Dynamic variants available are all as old as 8 - 9 months. This of course was told after I refused to register a 9 month old dynamic variant that was allotted. They claim that only Emotion variants are newer and the newest one seems to be manufactured in June. Although the sales of Linea has been poor, I find this a bit difficult to believe.

The on road price quoted for the dynamic variant was:
On road Price: 9,34,xxx
Extended warranty: 7864
Handling and registration: 7900

The only discount on offer is Rs 5000 as corporate discount.

Any comments/suggestions please.

Last edited by ThomasZach : 28th November 2014 at 23:07. Reason: Correction of figures
Old 29th November 2014, 10:42   #462
Senior - BHPian

@Tarun and Thomas: 5-6 months should be ok as long as you do a proper pdi. Sale of tjets are very low so you might not get a just off the assembly line car all the time.

I bought my active in July and it was an April '14 car. My friend in Kochi bought his emotion in August and he got a June '14 car.

Discounts are tough to come by for the jet. If tarun is getting free insurance that's always a bonus Haggle for the usual freebies like mats and mud guards.

And Thomas, can't you stretch a bit more for the emotion?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 10:59   #463
BHPian

Thanks deathwalkr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
And Thomas, can't you stretch a bit more for the emotion?
I do plan to!
Old 29th November 2014, 12:06   #464
BHPian

The exec from Fiat Caffe just called, asking me to make full payment , to invoice the car in November,and register the car in my name if I wanted to avail the free insurance offer - (before seeing the car! )

So no free insurance, but at least we get to do a thorough PDI before taking the plunge.

Also , fingers crossed if Fiat has any December/End of year discounts planned!
Old 4th December 2014, 11:44   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
No the Linea isn't bad on undulating roads. And don't even compare a Linea with the i20! It's in a different league all together. Lineas suspension is firm yet compliant which performs great on such roads. There is no such bobing or boat like feeling. Firm suspension means once you go over a dip or something like that it's dismissed once and for all. No more pitching up and down motion. Both the Linea and Jetta rides like its glued to the road ( handles same way too). Just that the Jetta being 3 times the cost of a Linea there's still some difference left. If you are looking for a car with great ride, handling, brakes and build quality you cannot go wrong with the Linea. To make things more clear, Lineas ride, handling & brakes are significantly better than the Polo( my other ride). Although I would say polo/ vento is second best to Linea/punto on these parameters, still the difference between them is high. Please do take a detailed TD of the Linea. Also check out the new fiesta too.
After four plus years of driving a Linea, I agree with you on its ride and handling. It also feels safe and secure. No rattles and squeaks even today. I have had two issues with spares very early on, but other than that, the after sales service has been very trouble free, and parts are not too expensive and never got ripped off by the Service center. Things have gotten even better after I moved from Tata service to Fiat (torrid). I am thinking of a change or addition, and am torn between the Linea 2014, or the Avventura (only as a second car for my occasional weekend softroading). Considered the Duster AWD, but heard it has a lot of cabin noise. Only big worry is the sales numbers of Lineas. It has flatlined, and almost nothing can explain that. Is Fiat paying the price for deserting India one time too many? Should I buy a Linea 2014?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks