Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2014, 19:12   #436
BHPian

@ neoonwheels, sandeepmohan and puchoo - thanks for your views. I too was feeling if I really need to go to the service station. Fiat has a free checkup camp from 17 to 19 Oct14 so thought I might as well take it.

I will make the trip and then get it serviced. That would be more practical. Will do these simple checks myself. Thanks folks.
Old 16th October 2014, 20:19   #437
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
@ neoonwheels, sandeepmohan and puchoo - thanks for your views. I too was feeling if I really need to go to the service station. Fiat has a free checkup camp from 17 to 19 Oct14 so thought I might as well take it.
Well thats a different type of check up to be honest and sure why not avail it , but given how young your car is probably not needed.

For those not aware , here it is
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-upload_20141016_102610.png  

Old 17th October 2014, 20:30   #438
Senior - BHPian

^ I'd been to the Winter check-up camp at KHT - Bangalore.

Honestly, the cursory check-up looked like it was meant to train the junior staff.

Discounts are only on mechanical parts, not lubricants. (Oil 2400+350L)

That "Complimentary Top-Up of Windshield Wash Solution is literally tap water filled from a dirty spare can. They don't even add shampoo. And the washing guy will again refill it with the pressure gun. Anyway.

IMPO The only appreciable effort being put in this "Check-up Camp" was the post wash wipe down.

(As I always say, vehemently insist on being allowed to stay with your car during check-up / service.)

Luckily during the check-up I came across this :

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-fr-driveshaft-boot-has-cracked.jpg

The Front Right Drive Shaft Boot had cracked!

Guess what the Sr Mechanic tells the Jr ?
"Just clean it up with cotton waste, and leave it." !!!

I dug deeper & he tells me the drive shaft may need to be changed. Unluckily for him the enthu Jr Mechanic splurts out that only the 'Drive Shaft Boot' can be replaced! He had to agree & went off to see if the part is available.

Comes back after 30mins & casually declares it isn't in stock and it supposedly isn't critical to change!

I don't appreciate that casual attitude - hence this post. Beware of such fellows, they care two hoots for our cars!

lol Dearest SA never visited the service bay even once throughout the day. (between 12 to 4 atleast).

P.S. :
During the previous check-up camp held recently before this (on 28th Sept), they were supposed to give a Coupon for discounts that was valid for 1 month (IIRC 10% on Parts & 20% on Labour).

Service Advisor Shoka hadn't informed me of any such coupon back then - even though I told him that I was tight on budget due to month end.

I could've gotten everything done with discounts this month! (Atleast the CRM should've told me.)

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 17th October 2014 at 20:34.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 00:55   #439
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, Heres to Wishing Everyone a HAPPY DIWALI!

Update 1 :

Sadly exactly during vacation my Linea wasn't in good shape due to unavailability of the Rubber Drive Shaft Boot last Friday (17th) at KHT (& even Aadya).

Wise FIAT-ians cautioned it was important since :

a) A torn boot could lead to mud or sand particles getting into the bearings and cause failure of the drive shaft itself.

b) Also, apparently the grease/oil spread all over would lead to the fast damage of the swing arm ball joint boot, and almost any rubber part nearby.

My Diwali drive plan was in danger. So, on Sunday (IIRC) I mailed SOS to KHT's MD for the part & even connected to the ASC's GM - Mr Sharnappa.

They somehow sourced the part today & called me to visit - I went immediately & work began within 5 minutes of reaching. All works along with Oil change and other small works were completed within 2.5 hrs.

Other stuff :

Air filter assembly : The left hinge of the air filter cover was Sliiiightly cracking - they said its a risk & suggested changing - if not now, atleast on next visit during regular service next month. I asked the mechanic for a temporary solution as for now, so he securely fixed a tag to be doubly sure its Tightly closed.

Fuel Filler Lid : The car got a thorough check & Fuel filler lid Lock was not working (I forgot) - so they sprayed something (WD40?) on the lid lock & repaired it.

This time the intent of expert workmen was to try and repair anything that was causing issues. Not to simply change the whole part.

For Example, They took a good 30 mins in the engine room to remove the old "Boot" and put in the new one. Really looked strenuously hard, but the mech did it. Whereas another service center told me the child part alone cannot be changed and the whole drive shaft would need to be replaced. (Which would've cost much more compared to just Rs.260/- for this rubber part.)

Much Appreciated

Update 2 :

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
...P.S. :
During the previous check-up camp held recently before this (on 28th Sept), they were supposed to give a Coupon for discounts that was valid for 1 month (IIRC 10% on Parts & 20% on Labour)...
The GM confirmed he'll extend the discount on next visit. Another to him for the gesture!

Good stuff man. Todays experience was quite relieving. And atleast I'm reassured that FIAT service seems to be in decent hands here.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 22nd October 2014 at 01:09. Reason: Spellcheck & corrections
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 22:50   #440
Senior - BHPian

SoS, my FIAT Linea's Oil is leaking.

Looked like ~40 drops overnight and 10-20 drops per hour after todays drive when I parked somewhere. I checked the dipstick & it showed adequate level.

Its in the front part of the floor of engine bay. The drops seem to be mostly on the protection plate.
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-front-portion-engine-bay.jpg

Zeroed in on this nut where it seems to be leaking from :
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-oil-leak-nut.jpg

Oil level as of right now - Dipstick
:
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-dipstick.jpg

There as no such leaking before oil change this Tuesday. As usual for Linea apparently 3.3L was filled.
Oil on Lower Engine area:
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-floor.jpgThe 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-protection-plate.jpg

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 24th October 2014 at 23:20.
Old 24th October 2014, 23:36   #441
Senior - BHPian

Looks as if it is the drain plug and it has not been screwed in correctly post the oil drainage. Get it back to the service centre and if you are lucky a simple unscrewing , straightening and screwing back on will do the trick. If the chap who screwed it on has managed to cut a thread or half then it will be a headache and could be an expensive one unless the service centre owes up and takes care of it. If required mail the same to the Boffin at FIAT who is in charge of service and warranties etc, his name is in several threads here. Best of luck

Quote:
SoS, my FIAT Linea's Oil is leaking.

There as no such leaking before oil change this Tuesday. As usual for Linea apparently 3.3L was filled.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 23:47   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Looks as if it is the drain plug and it has not been screwed in correctly post the oil drainage. Get it back to the service centre and if you are lucky a simple unscrewing , straightening and screwing back on will do the trick. If the chap who screwed it on has managed to cut a thread or half then it will be a headache and could be an expensive one unless the service centre owes up and takes care of it. If required mail the same to the Boffin at FIAT who is in charge of service and warranties etc, his name is in several threads here. Best of luck
Thanks, will do that 1st thing tomorrow morning. *Fingers Crossed*

Actually I got abit scared because there was a Rubber O-Ring (~4cm diameter) on the floor where my Linea was being serviced.

Though the mechanic said its not from my car, I was a tiny bit doubtful.
*Fingers Crossed* Hope its just a loose nut!
Old 25th October 2014, 14:43   #443
Senior - BHPian

Update : Wasn't leaking from oil drain nut. It was OLD oil spilled onto the engine guard from the Oil Filter while changing it.

*Relieved*

Again service team was very concerned & responsive. Car was immediately raised, checked, oil-sump sourroundings cleaned & re-checked with engine running.

In a way this also showed the service team is always prepared even for immediate / urgent diagnosis. to KHT
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 19:22   #444
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that my diagnosis was incorrect and kudos to Fiat service centre for their ever improving attitude and professionalism.

Quote:
Update : Wasn't leaking from oil drain nut. It was OLD oil spilled onto the engine guard from the Oil Filter while changing it.

*Relieved*

Again service team was very concerned & responsive. Car was immediately raised, checked, oil-sump sourroundings cleaned & re-checked with engine running.

In a way this also showed the service team is always prepared even for immediate / urgent diagnosis. to KHT
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 21:14   #445
BHPian

I have been checking this thread regularly and thanks to all the owners for constantly keeping this thread active.
I definitely loved the 2014 Linea for reasons of its own and in fact added this to my short listed cars before I take the plunge in early 2015. The customer testimonials captured by fiat on you tube was also interesting to watch.

Also some comparisons that caught my attention.

Linea Vs Competition

Linea Vs City

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:57   #446

What is the actual onroad mileage of T-JET. As per the brochures it is around 16kmpl vis-a-vis Verna/City which are 20+. I usually drive with a heavy foot, and an estimate of mileage figure from current users would be really helpful (both city and highway). Thanks!!
Old 2nd November 2014, 11:42   #447
Senior - BHPian

The Linea gets 15.7 and the City gets 17.8 for the petrol motors - ARAI spec mileage.
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:36   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnetheus View Post
What is the actual onroad mileage of T-JET. As per the brochures it is around 16kmpl vis-a-vis Verna/City which are 20+. I usually drive with a heavy foot, and an estimate of mileage figure from current users would be really helpful (both city and highway). Thanks!!
City driving i get 8-9kmpl and in the few highway runs i was easily getting 15kmpl
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 12:41   #449
Senior - BHPian

The T-Jet is very much justified for me, IMO, after seeing this video, even though the yearly running will be in excess of 25k kilometers.

The 1.4 T-Jet/FIRE mills, are indeed a tribute to Rodolfo Bonetto's enginnering. A masterpiece, I daresay?
FINTAIL is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 12:54   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post

The T-Jet is very much justified for me, IMO, after seeing this video, even though the yearly running will be in excess of 25k kilometers.

The 1.4 T-Jet/FIRE mills, are indeed a tribute to Rodolfo Bonetto's enginnering. A masterpiece, I daresay?
<I simply liked the part which said, "This guy is making us go slow.">

Super-awesome car on hilly roads like this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks