Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 20:46   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishanvvkumar View Post
Thanks. Not much discounts on offer. Either a free first year insurance(which i did not opt for since I had transferred 50% NCB from current car) or some cash discount to may be around 20K.
Thanks for the info. I thought there would be more discounts considering the dismal sales month on month.
Old 12th September 2014, 22:45   #422
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil0405 View Post
Thanks for the info. I thought there would be more discounts considering the dismal sales month on month.
I got about 50k (30K dealer+20k exchange bonus) on my multijet emotion. The condition was that i had to buy insurance from the dealership which was for some strange reason about 10K more expensive than the market offerings. So that technically made it 40K discount.

It really amazes me how fiat makes profits (and why are they selling it) on the Linea considering the overall quality levels and the (lower) price. Especially when they don't sell any numbers( 10 lac car segment is a mass market and should be a volume driven proposition or at least we're made to believe that) compared to the competition.
Old 12th September 2014, 23:26   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushal21fb View Post
I got about 50k (30K dealer+20k exchange bonus) on my multijet emotion. The condition was that i had to buy insurance from the dealership which was for some strange reason about 10K more expensive than the market offerings. So that technically made it 40K discount.

It really amazes me how fiat makes profits (and why are they selling it) on the Linea considering the overall quality levels and the (lower) price. Especially when they don't sell any numbers( 10 lac car segment is a mass market and should be a volume driven proposition or at least we're made to believe that) compared to the competition.

Yet to see a linea 2014 on the roads. Spotted plenty of mobilios, a few new polos and one elite i20.
Come December fiat will line up more discounts to clear stock.I had almost decided to go for the TJet but dropped the idea due to the bulk of the car. Happy with my Polo for now
Old 13th September 2014, 10:35   #424
BHPian

Quote:
There is an advertisement I'm today's times of India that gives the below discounts on the linea
Gift cheque Rs 40000 + exchange/loyalty bonus Rs 30000 + complementary insurance + free gold coin

You could probably ask them to match this offer. This is in Pune though.
Old 13th September 2014, 14:41   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit-Dude View Post
Yet to see a linea 2014 on the roads. Spotted plenty of mobilios, a few new polos and one elite i20.
Come December fiat will line up more discounts to clear stock.I had almost decided to go for the TJet but dropped the idea due to the bulk of the car. Happy with my Polo for now
Yep, owe it to an unpopular brand (at least in India) and next to nil (compared to multi million ad campaigns) advertising.

Don't get fooled by the Linea's hydraulic steering here. It's supposed to be heavier (at parking/city speeds) but gives better feedback and control at higher speeds. Its something you'll get used to and won't be a bother thereafter.

We own both Polo and Linea in the family and while polo can give a run for money to many 10+ Lac cars in terms of dynamics. Its simply no match to the linea when it comes to ride, handling and breaking capabilities.
Old 13th September 2014, 15:02   #426
BHPian

Quote:
There is an advertisement I'm today's times of India that gives the below discounts on the linea
Gift cheque Rs 40000 + exchange/loyalty bonus Rs 30000 + complementary insurance + free gold coin

You could probably ask them to match this offer. This is in Pune though.
Thanks. I got mine 2 months back. Very happy with the ownership so far.

The discount sounds really mouth watering though. At that price point I would say the life can't get any better.
kaushal21fb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 15:29   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I got mine 2 months back. Very happy with the ownership so far.

The discount sounds really mouth watering though. At that price point I would say the life can't get any better.
Sorry I had intended to quote kishanvvkumar.

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy your ride in beautiful car. I too will own one in the near future (3-4 months)
Old 13th September 2014, 20:01   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, owe it to an unpopular brand (at least in India) and next to nil (compared to multi million ad campaigns) advertising.

Don't get fooled by the Linea's hydraulic steering here. It's supposed to be heavier (at parking/city speeds) but gives better feedback and control at higher speeds. Its something you'll get used to and won't be a bother thereafter.

We own both Polo and Linea in the family and while polo can give a run for money to many 10+ Lac cars in terms of dynamics. Its simply no match to the linea when it comes to ride, handling and breaking capabilities.

I was referring to the volume of the car from a parking perspective. The turning radius of the car is also large.
There is no doubt that the linea excels in terms of Ride, handling and braking but it's difficult to part with the quality interiors of the Polo :-)
You are lucky to have the best of both worlds!
Old 14th September 2014, 13:28   #429

Quote:
Sorry I had intended to quote kishanvvkumar.

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy your ride in beautiful car. I too will own one in the near future (3-4 months)
Thanks. Got the delivery of the car yesterday and the initial impressions are a world of difference from my Diesel Indigo. Yet to spot even one 2014 model on Bangalore roads. I do not want to know the reason . As of yesterday though, the multijet and Tjet are on same price. Multijet is discounted by 85K and its huge. No discounts on the TJet though.

For now, just enjoying the first petrol ride.
kishanvvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 18:57   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishanvvkumar View Post
As of yesterday though, the multijet and Tjet are on same price. Multijet is discounted by 85K and its huge.
That is interesting. Hopefully they are clearing stock to bring the 1.6L engine next year
Old 27th September 2014, 20:22   #431
Senior - BHPian

If it is a sign of that then great news but to be taken with a pinch of salt looking at their sales numbers , i have barely seen any new linea's on the road here in Delhi - maybe 4 since the car has been launched so it might simply be that - to push the stocks out.

Quote:
That is interesting. Hopefully they are clearing stock to bring the 1.6L engine next year
Old 16th October 2014, 07:23   #432
BHPian

Hi guys, need your experts views here. I am planning a road trip with tjet from pune to hampi and back via belgaum. Till date it has clocked @750 kms and is 4 months old. Although not yet due for first servicing, i am getting the oil and coolant levels checked at the service centre. Is there anything else that I need to get checked? Should I insist on oil change so early? Or insist on getting the 1st servicing done instead of only oil checks? Would that be too early?.
Old 16th October 2014, 13:26   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Hi guys, need your experts views here. I am planning a road trip with tjet from pune to hampi and back via belgaum. Till date it has clocked @750 kms and is 4 months old. Although not yet due for first servicing, i am getting the oil and coolant levels checked at the service centre. Is there anything else that I need to get checked? Should I insist on oil change so early? Or insist on getting the 1st servicing done instead of only oil checks? Would that be too early?.
The first service mostly is about checking the oil levels and topping up if required. 750KM is not much of a run to go for checking levels unless you suspect oil leakage. Go and enjoy the drive
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 13:49   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Although not yet due for first servicing, i am getting the oil and coolant levels checked at the service centre.
You can do these checks yourself. Why waste a trip (and time) to the service centre. The expansion tank for coolant sits right up front. It is preferable if the level is well above the MIN mark but not higher than the MAX mark.

As for oil level check, crank up the car and let it idle for a couple of minutes. Lets keep it 5min. Shut down engine. Take out the oil dip stick. Wipe the oil of the tip with a lint free cloth. Drop the dip stick in. Push it all the way in till it stops. Take it out again and check the level on the tip. Oil mark should occupy most of the tip section which is about an inch in length.

Quote:
Should I insist on oil change so early? Or insist on getting the 1st servicing done instead of only oil checks?
Not required.

Quote:
Is there anything else that I need to get checked?
Check brake fluid and power steering reservoir and observe their levels. You can do this yourself.

Read the manual to identify the various reservoirs, that is, if you can't identify them.

Check windshield fluid levels too.

It is preferable to vary the speed of the car during the drive. Don't ever lug the car though. Try to be in the correct gear for a said speed.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 16th October 2014 at 13:52.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 18:56   #435
Senior - BHPian

Nah , go have fun and get the servicing done once you are back , that makes more sense anyway since the car would have returned from a decent sized trip. All the checks you mentioned i would have done at home , short of suspecting something being amiss.

Don't for get the air for the spare tyre

Quote:
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks