Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:15   #406
BHPian

@ ishlinea7260, you were right. The window lock button got accidently pressed by me and due to day light, I could not clearly see that I had pressed on it. When I checked it now in the eve. the light on the panel is clearly visible.
Old 6th August 2014, 13:35   #407
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Yes they react to the speed of the car as well as the intensity of the rain. They are further subject to adjustment depending on dirt / presence of particles on the sensor and day / night.

After using them now over the course of the last 1 year of onwership i prefer the fixed intermittent settings on my Fabia , find them much more capable of the task. The linea's control system does funny things at times - for example i might be driving slowly and it is not raining much yet the wipers would be going full speed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Also talking about auto smart features imagine my horror when the wiper while on intermittent mode started acting as if it had a mind of its own! Read the manual and found that it changes according to driving speed! Sigh if i wanted that i would just change the mode. I just want the wiper to be on intermittent only at times!
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 13:38   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
The linea's control system does funny things at times - for example i might be driving slowly and it is not raining much yet the wipers would be going full speed...
Exactly!

In the other variants they get to set the sensitivity of the rain sensor but in my active variant i cant seem to find it :(
Old 6th August 2014, 13:46   #409
BHPian

Hi

I am thinking of buying a test drive car - a Linea t-jet 2010 model that has done 18k.

Is there anyone in Chennai who drives a t-jet who could help me discern the car?

Please PM me
Old 6th August 2014, 13:46   #410
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately cannot help you there since i dont own an Active and neither do i have a manual for it , in the T-Jet the settings are available from the master menu available on the right side of the driver along with settings for the auto headlamps and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Exactly!

In the other variants they get to set the sensitivity of the rain sensor but in my active variant i cant seem to find it :(
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:06   #411
Team-BHP Support

Had prepared this list for the Ciaz thread. Unfortunately, with the SX4 now stopped - Linea MJD is near bottom of the list when it comes to power/weight and torque/weight.

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-untitled1.jpg

*Small correction for Vento. It should have been 210 instead of 220.
*City comes after Linea in terms of torque/weight, just noticed.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd September 2014 at 10:08.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 17:18   #412

Happy to share that, I did the PDI of the Linea 2014 Tjet today. Although could not get to drive it, managed to tick almost all the points from the Team-BHP PDI checklist. Gave a go ahead for the RTO. Sometime next week the italian beauty will have a new home, rather than the ugly stock yard
kishanvvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 15:41   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishanvvkumar View Post
Happy to share that, I did the PDI of the Linea 2014 Tjet today. Although could not get to drive it, managed to tick almost all the points from the Team-BHP PDI checklist. Gave a go ahead for the RTO. Sometime next week the italian beauty will have a new home, rather than the ugly stock yard
Congrats. Can you please share the current discounts offered?
Old 7th September 2014, 19:43   #414
Senior - BHPian

Can someone who has had the experience tell me if the Linea can seat 2 adults in the back seat along with a car seat?
Old 8th September 2014, 10:48   #415
Senior - BHPian

Should be able to , adults on the side , baby seat in the middle. Amount of free space available would depend on the size of the baby seat as well as the adults

The rear arm rest of course would be rendered useless as someone would be in front of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Can someone who has had the experience tell me if the Linea can seat 2 adults in the back seat along with a car seat?
Old 8th September 2014, 11:23   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Should be able to , adults on the side , baby seat in the middle. Amount of free space available would depend on the size of the baby seat as well as the adults

The rear arm rest of course would be rendered useless as someone would be in front of it.
Can't have the car seat in the center as it requires a 3 point belt. I am assuming that linea has only lap belt in the middle. Will probably have to test drive and confirm
Old 8th September 2014, 11:57   #417
Senior - BHPian

Thats fine , it was just a way of describing the space rather than a recommendation for positioning , the larger point being that the car should be able to accommodate it. Nothing beats a Test drive.

Quote:
Can't have the car seat in the center as it requires a 3 point belt. I am assuming that linea has only lap belt in the middle. Will probably have to test drive and confirm
Old 8th September 2014, 15:04   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I won't rule it out but its a really tight squeeze if the person is a non zero size figure. Even then, it is not comfortable to have two adults sitting in the back with a child seat in place.

I have a booster seat that is always in place at the back. Takes quite a bit of space.
Old 8th September 2014, 15:14   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I won't rule it out but its a really tight squeeze if the person is a non zero size figure. Even then, it is not comfortable to have two adults sitting in the back with a child seat in place.

I have a booster seat that is always in place at the back. Takes quite a bit of space.
Thanks Sandeep. The only way to confirm then would be with the help of a test drive. Per your response looks difficult :(
Old 12th September 2014, 09:42   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil0405 View Post
Congrats. Can you please share the current discounts offered?
Thanks. Not much discounts on offer. Either a free first year insurance(which i did not opt for since I had transferred 50% NCB from current car) or some cash discount to may be around 20K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks