Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2014, 14:31   #391

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Blaupunkt became blobong?
Hehe. I asked the guy from the dealership two or three times.

Me: Are you sure its Blobong and not something else? Never heard of it.
Dealership guy: No sir. Very sure!

I understood something was wrong/out of place and asked him to spell.
Old 19th July 2014, 15:37   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsa View Post
There were some niggles as well:
1. Didn't like the 'trunk' open button near the car audio (visible on the review pics). It opens the boot even if the car is moving! Not a good thing especially with kids or old people
Crisp first impressions.

If I'm not wrong, the button does not work after a certain speed is crossed (5kph or 20kph; not sure).
This feature is very convenient as the button is placed at arms reach for both the driver and the passenger. And is backlit making it easier to find in the dark. While I never had kids in the front seat of my car, my thinking is that one will get used to it pretty soon.
carrerastrax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 21:00   #393
BHPian

I was just going through the discussion regarding the boot / trunk opening button. Yesterday my sister called me. Her friend has a ford figo and had opened the boot for some work. Once done, he closed it and guess what - he got stranded outside.

All the doors got automatically locked with the car key at ignition. He finally had to break one of the window glasses to access the car key as he was on the highway and could not think of any other way!

I was wondering that this scenario could well be true in all cases including our tjets.
Is there any other way this could have been handled? I thought he should have immediately contacted the ford serivce station for any way around this and breaking glass should have been the last option.
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 22:44   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
I was wondering that this scenario could well be true in all cases including our tjets. Is there any other way this could have been handled? I thought he should have immediately contacted the ford serivce station for any way around this and breaking glass should have been the last option.
In the Linea, the doors do not auto lock when key is inserted and it is in ACC or MAR position. The auto lock does happen when the car attains a speed of 20 kmph and above. So the scenario you mentioned does not arise in the Linea. As long as the doors are already locked and the boot is opened and key is left in the boot, you will not be facing the lock out issues. This is one of the thoughtful features in the Linea and Punto.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 13:10   #395
BHPian

Quote:
I was just going through the discussion regarding the boot / trunk opening button. Yesterday my sister called me. Her friend has a ford figo and had opened the boot for some work. Once done, he closed it and guess what - he got stranded outside.

All the doors got automatically locked with the car key at ignition. He finally had to break one of the window glasses to access the car key as he was on the highway and could not think of any other way!

I was wondering that this scenario could well be true in all cases including our tjets.
Is there any other way this could have been handled? I thought he should have immediately contacted the ford serivce station for any way around this and breaking glass should have been the last option.
The locking solution in the fiat cars is very simple and intelligent. Under normal circumstances, one can never get locked out of the car.

Except, when you open the boot through the button on the key, forget the key fob inside the boot and close it.
Old 28th July 2014, 15:32   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
Except, when you open the boot through the button on the key, forget the key fob inside the boot and close it.
In the earlier Linea (mine is 2012) you can access the boot by folding the rear seat. Don't know if it the same in the current face lift.
Old 28th July 2014, 15:42   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
In the earlier Linea (mine is 2012) you can access the boot by folding the rear seat. Don't know if it the same in the current face lift.
Nope, rear seats are fixed (non-foldable) in new Linea, some cost-cutting done there...
Old 28th July 2014, 15:59   #398
J.Ravi

Quote:
Her friend has a ford figo and had opened the boot for some work. Once done, he closed it and guess what - he got stranded outside.
The modern cars including Lineas are notorious for this troublesome security feature, i.e., automatic re-locking if the door is not opened within some 20 seconds or so after remote-opening it! I became a victim of this security feature, when we were on tour in Jaipur in 2010. Early morning, I got up, washed the car and decided to shift some item from the boot to the inside of the car; so, I unlocked the doors using the remote, opened the boot using the remote, did the blunder of keeping the key-fob inside the boot after taking out the item from the boot, closed the boot, and as I was nearing the rear door, the doors got automatically locked. The key-fob was inside the boot and the doors got locked automatically. It's a different story that I called FIAT RSA and got the doors opened after a few hours. From that day onwards, whenever we go out of the home-city, I generally carry the spare key in my pant pocket.

My XUV 500 has this feature too. But, nowadays, I always carry the duplicate key with me. So, I have nothing to fear!

Quote:
Is there any other way this could have been handled?
The driver must carry the duplicate key with him/her always.
  (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 17:02   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post

Early morning, I got up, washed the car and decided to shift some item from the boot to the inside of the car; so, I unlocked the doors using the remote, opened the boot using the remote, did the blunder of keeping the key-fob inside the boot after taking out the item from the boot, closed the boot, and as I was nearing the rear door, the doors got automatically locked. The key-fob was inside the boot and the doors got locked automatically.
Hey J.Ravi sounds like your holiday almost went awfully wrong. Very similar thing happened to me in my previous car Hyundai Getz during a regular wash session. But since I was home, I could get the spare key to open.

I am not quite sure how the locking system is programmed on Fiat, but let me tell you how it is done on both Hyundai Getz & my current car Polo GT TDI.

- Both the Getz & GT boot can be opened by unlocking the car. GT additionaly has an option to open 'Only Boot' on the key fob.

- On Getz & GT, if all the doors were locked at the time of unlocking the car and none of the doors (including Boot) are openned for 20 seconds, the car locks itself up, provided the key fob is within 10meter radius.

- On GT though, if one opens only the boot, the other doors are still locked. As soon as you shut the boot, the same locks up as well. You must use the key fob to unlock again.

But on both my cars, if I unlock and open any one of the doors and shut it back, the car will not lock itself.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 09:28   #400
BHPian

Considering all the discussions, I should give this a try at home and check how it works. Guess that is a price we need to pay for "auto" comforts! :-)
Old 29th July 2014, 10:02   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsa View Post
Hehe. I asked the guy from the dealership two or three times.

Me: Are you sure its Blobong and not something else? Never heard of it.
Dealership guy: No sir. Very sure!

I understood something was wrong/out of place and asked him to spell.
I had the head unit removed and found that it was a Delphi unit. Having bought the active i miss playing my ipod so after scouring the interwebs i found this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ATE-F...200302778.html

Have ordered it and so begins the long wait.

Also talking about auto smart features imagine my horror when the wiper while on intermittent mode started acting as if it had a mind of its own! Read the manual and found that it changes according to driving speed! Sigh if i wanted that i would just change the mode. I just want the wiper to be on intermittent only at times!

Oh and after driving a FFE/CAI 1.3L swift for the past 7 years, the Jet manages to bring a smile to my face every time i drive. Just haven't floored it so yea can't wait for that to happen.
Old 30th July 2014, 07:31   #402
BHPian

Took jet on its first maiden highway drive. Only one word - awesome!. While everything has been said and written in official review and ownership reports; for me who has graduated from hatchback to my first sedan, two things stood out for me. 1.Great speed masking and 2. Amazing braking ability.
Along with this I am facing my first fiat niggle. The rear power window switches are not working. Passengers at the backseat are not able to operate them. They were functioning when I started my drive. Not sure how both stopped working at the same time. Is there anything that I would have pressed incorrectly? Not sure how come both the rear window switches at the rear stopped operating. Any clue folks?
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 08:22   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Took jet on its first maiden highway drive. Only one word - awesome!. While everything has been said and written in official review and ownership reports; for me who has graduated from hatchback to my first sedan, two things stood out for me. 1.Great speed masking and 2. Amazing braking ability.
Along with this I am facing my first fiat niggle. The rear power window switches are not working. Passengers at the backseat are not able to operate them. They were functioning when I started my drive. Not sure how both stopped working at the same time. Is there anything that I would have pressed incorrectly? Not sure how come both the rear window switches at the rear stopped operating. Any clue folks?
It is possible you might have switched on the window lock button that is present
on the driver side right armrest.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 08:26   #404
BHPian

@ ishlinea7260 - thanks. I will check once again. I hope it turns out that way.
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:30   #405
Senior - BHPian

Guys is there any way i can make the wiper stay on intermittent mode irrespective of the speed i am driving at?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks