Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:57   #361
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Thanks Biraj and Puchoo, me being an MUV/SUV guy, I went ahead and booked the first sedan NEW T-jet of my life just to enjoy its sheer acceleration. Now am in dilemma among the old and the new ones:

1. I like the turbo kick that I enjoy to the core on my Scorpio
2. I like the interiors in the NEW T-jet and Exteriors on the old one

For now I have booked the NEW one, while I still have the chance to change the booking to the old one. Please suggest.
Old 3rd July 2014, 20:31   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Thanks Biraj and Puchoo, me being an MUV/SUV guy, I went ahead and booked the first sedan NEW T-jet of my life just to enjoy its sheer acceleration. Now am in dilemma among the old and the new ones:

1. I like the turbo kick that I enjoy to the core on my Scorpio
2. I like the interiors in the NEW T-jet and Exteriors on the old one

For now I have booked the NEW one, while I still have the chance to change the booking to the old one. Please suggest.
My vote will be for the new one:
  1. The older variant must have been lying at dealer's/Fiat's warehouse without much maintenance for close to 6 months.
  2. Mechanically, 2013 and 2014 versions are identical. The differences I highlighted were with reference to 2011 model.
  3. The interiors have definitely improved. You might want to explore the possibility of retro-fitting the previous-gen hand-rest.
  4. You might want to get rid of that extra-large chrome strip from the rear bumper
  5. Cruise-control

Even I am a turbo-kick addict so, can understand the importance of it. The lack of turbo-kick is compensated by improved fuel-efficiency without any compromise on power. So, it's still a good deal.

Enjoy your first sedan with almost SUV like ground clearance. BTW, which colour have you opted for? My guess is 'Black'.

Cheers,
Biraj
Old 4th July 2014, 10:20   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
My vote will be for the new one:
  1. The older variant must have been lying at dealer's/Fiat's warehouse without much maintenance for close to 6 months.
  2. Mechanically, 2013 and 2014 versions are identical. The differences I highlighted were with reference to 2011 model.
  3. The interiors have definitely improved. You might want to explore the possibility of retro-fitting the previous-gen hand-rest.
  4. You might want to get rid of that extra-large chrome strip from the rear bumper
  5. Cruise-control

Even I am a turbo-kick addict so, can understand the importance of it. The lack of turbo-kick is compensated by improved fuel-efficiency without any compromise on power. So, it's still a good deal.

Enjoy your first sedan with almost SUV like ground clearance. BTW, which colour have you opted for? My guess is 'Black'.

Cheers,
Biraj
Thanks for clearing my apprehensions mate, its indeed "Black"
Old 4th July 2014, 11:45   #364
Senior - BHPian

I would vote for the new one as well , no point in taking the older one given how much time it would have possibly been lying around for now, plus while the new one does fail in a few things in my opinion , there are nice things as well plus , and this is just a personal hypothesis and could be totally incorrect , i have witnessed a lot of training sessions happening over the last few weeks of the service guys - maybe fiat is sprucing up the general knowledge levels at the dealership - this will all be getting done with respect to the new cars.

++ to the arm rest , the new one is really limited as i have mentioned earlier as well.
Old 5th July 2014, 23:13   #365
BHPian

Guys, need your help to understand this. Whenever I have taken the tjet out for a drive, I keep A/C on climate control usually for 25deg. When I reverse it for parking I observe large drops of water on the ground.

Is this due to A/C or anything else? Do I need to check?

I never had this issue with my earlier hatch - Getz prime.

Overall the tjet has had a run of 110kms now.
Old 6th July 2014, 07:21   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Guys, need your help to understand this. Whenever I have taken the tjet out for a drive, I keep A/C on climate control usually for 25deg. When I reverse it for parking I observe large drops of water on the ground.

Nothing to worry about as it's most probably the moisture from the air that is cooled around the condensor by your car's AC. Even I had a heart-attack when I saw water leaking underneath the hood, I thought the radiator was leaking. But it was just the moisture.

Anyhow if you get water leaking only a couple of things hold water in the engine bay. Radiator mostly, and the washing fluids, rest all is oil
Samar117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 23:04   #367
Senior - BHPian

Let me remove the doubt left behind by the earlier post. It is condensate water coming out via the AC drain pipe. As the monsoon takes over the droplets should turn to a small puddle on account of increased humidity.

Hence forth drive your car out of parking by moving forward, that way you will not see the condensate ever.

The other way is that when you are close to your destination say 5 odd minutes away, turn off the compressor but let the fan turn. This will allow the AC coils to dry up by the time you park the car and shut off the engine. This helps eliminate any bacteria growth in the coils and also bad stale odor from the air con

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post

khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 07:38   #368
BHPian

@Samar117, khoj, thanks a lot guys. Your respective posts put to rest my apprehensions.

Khoj, I will try switching off the compressor. That's a welcome suggestion.
Old 9th July 2014, 11:13   #369
BHPian

Wow!!! this thread gave me a lot of insight into the facelifted linea. It's pros and cons how it drives what are it's USP's. Infact thanks to nkrishnap sir I've booked myself a Linea T-Jet Emotion in Magnesio Grey colour same as that of bhpian SSD2122. I'm gob smacked looking at the colour the emotive lines of the beauty. The delivery was supposed to be happening on 12th July but due to certain personal problems have postponed the delivery to last week of July. I know certain bhpians will kill me for this but it's just that I won't be able to take delivery just now. The dealer is perfectly fine with the decision but has just told that don't drag it to august which I won't be dragging either. Will let you all know as soon as I land my hand on the beauty.
tacho9000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 18:44   #370
BHPian

Congratulations tacho9000. It is a good buy for enthusiasts if you follow - there's more to life than kpl - by GTO. :-) I for one knew that it suits my driving style and after years of driving Getz prime tjet was absolutely essential.
Old 10th July 2014, 14:07   #371
Senior - BHPian

I have booked the tjet active and will be taking delivery tomorrow. Small query. Is the head unit across all variants the same? If yes would there be a rear usb port for me to drag a cable into the dashboard?

Also the ac panel of the active feels oh so flimsy.

Last edited by deathwalkr : 10th July 2014 at 14:10.
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 15:20   #372
Senior - BHPian

I don't recollect reading this site so sharing it. There are lots of pictures here of the New Facelift Linea. Car to drool over.

Just sharing for someone to be able to view vehicles from most angles, without visiting the showroom.

http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/new...ft-exterior-5/
(if url is *** out, then it is m o t o r o i d s)
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 16:05   #373
BHPian

So I've booked a Fiat Linea T-Jet Emotion in Magnesio Grey colour with the sole Fiat dealer in kolkata. Frankly speaking nothing else was in my mind whilst deciding on a new car,it was Linea all along. But post booking and delivery getting delayed I thought why not try out the other cars too which fall in the price bracket of Rs.6.00L-11.00L and thus tested a few cars in the time between delivery and personal commitments and the report follows of my impression.

Maruti Swift VVT Zxi

Pros:
1. Good chuckability
2. Compact yet classy centre console and instrumentation
3. Excellent front seats with the way they support you during the drive

Cons:
1. Extremely poor rear seat legroom considering my mom and dad will also ride
2. Poor low end torque. Yes the G13BB also had the same problem but to me this K12 VVT is poorer and requires to be wrung quite a bit to get it going.
3. Jittery and fidgety ride on poor roads (Not acceptable for the family)

Conclusion: The swift is a near perfect bachelor's car to me including the Brio but since my family is being also considered it goes out anyways

Chevrolet Sail 1.2Petrol

Pros:
1. Immense space considering the dimension and very comfortable back seat
2. The engine was pretty okay in low end torque delivery and if worked up can make decent progress
3. Ride quality is pretty good wasn't crashing and jumping through potholes and at speeds was pretty planted
4. The aircon was an absolute chiller

Cons:
1. Pretty dull to drive not much feedback at all from the steering
2. Styling is a bit bland for me
3. Driver seat support is poor according to me
4. Low end was average nothing like what linea has

Chevrolet Sail TDCi

Pros:
1. Good response wrt diesel engine. Turbolag is well controlled and the engine is eager to move ahead
2. Gearbox was a better in shift quality compared to petrol but still was decent
3. Handling and ride was marginally better compared to the petrol

Cons:
1. Engine is not quite as revv friendly as the other engines of this group
** Other cons are same as that of petrol.

Conclusion: This won't satisfy the petrolhead in me. It is more of a head car than a heart car atleast to me.

So that's it folks my small comparo of the cars I'd test drove to reinforce my faith on the choice of my car which is the mighty Fiat Linea. Now eagerly waiting for the day when I can take delivery.

P.S.: These are my personal views and I don't intend to offend or hurt any member or guest.

Cheers,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 21:49   #374
Senior - BHPian

My 2nd Italian beauty comes home - Fiat Linea MJD Emotion
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-imag0147_reduced.jpg  

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-imag0148_reduced.jpg  

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-imag0149_reduced.jpg  

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-imag0150_reduced.jpg  

finneyp is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 22:14   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Finney on getting the Linea home. The tuscan wine looks classy with all that chrome.

The front number plate looks a little bigger than usual, is it the camera angle doing the trick here?

Happy motoring.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks