Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 09:04   #346
BHPian

Thanks for your replies with relevant scenarios guys. Yes driver air bag cannot be disabled. I have kept the passenger side air bag activated as of now.
Note: Sent thro ' Samsung Note ll. Pls. excuse for any typos.
Old 26th June 2014, 11:52   #347
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

As others have mentioned there is a option to disable passenger airbag , but whether you choose to exercise the option or not is a different thing , i keep it on even though i drive solo most of the time , there is always a chance that one might forget to turn it back on when someone else is in the car and no point taking that risk when one has paid for safety and these specific features to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
While I have been browsing the manual to understand some of the dashboard features and controls, I came across an option for activating or deactivating the driver / passenger airbags. Is such an option really needed? Should they not be activated always to protect the occupants.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 18:39   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
As others have mentioned there is a option to disable passenger airbag , but whether you choose to exercise the option or not is a different thing , i keep it on even though i drive solo most of the time , there is always a chance that one might forget to turn it back on when someone else is in the car and no point taking that risk when one has paid for safety and these specific features to begin with.
Yes totally agree esp. considering our road conditions. That is why i have kept it activated. Strong build quality and safety features was one of the prime reasons for selecting tjet emotion.

I would also like to add the top notch braking ability of tjet that I have experienced.
Old 30th June 2014, 19:01   #349
BHPian

Is our unleaded petrol good enough for tjet as I do not know the RON value for it. The manual says min. RON value of thecfuel has to be 91.
Old 30th June 2014, 19:13   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Is our unleaded petrol good enough for tjet as I do not know the RON value for it. The manual says min. RON value of thecfuel has to be 91.
Normal unleaded petrol is RON 91 so, it's absolutely fine to use regular petrol however, there is a perceptible improvement in engine responsiveness on using premium fuel. I first tried RON 93 from Indian Oil and the car felt smoother than it feels with normal fuel. Still, the improvement wasn't that significant. Then I tried Speed 97 and the first reaction was

Bottom line - it's perfectly fine to use normal/regular petrol but whenever you are in mood for a long, self-indulgent drive, go for Speed 97

I have updated my experience with higher octane fuel here.
Old 30th June 2014, 19:27   #351
BHPian

Hey thanks Biraj. I have been through initial pages of your ownership report prior to going in for tjet. It was one of the reports that helped in my decision.

Your note helps me a lot and also fuels my desire to take tjet on a long highway drive :-)

BTW does tjet need a run - in period.
Old 30th June 2014, 19:55   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks Biraj. I have been through initial pages of your ownership report prior to going in for tjet. It was one of the reports that helped in my decision.

Your note helps me a lot and also fuels my desire to take tjet on a long highway drive :-)

BTW does tjet need a run - in period.
You're welcome SSD2122!

Don't be too harsh on the car for the first 1000 KMs and it should be fine. I am not a firm believer in running-in but still try to go easy during the first couple of thousands. My first highway trip to Shimla was done with 800 KMs on ODO, neither did the car struggle nor do I think that the trip did any damage to it.

Keep an eye on the engine-oil level. The consumption can be very high during the first 5000 KMs, almost to the extent of 400ml/1000 KMs. It's normal and there's nothing to worry but still keep an eye, and top-up if necessary.

Wish you many happy miles with your T-jet.

Look forward to your travelogues
Old 1st July 2014, 08:38   #353
Senior - BHPian

Any comments on the audio quality.

A colleague took the car for a spin and said it was worse than the previous Linea.
Old 1st July 2014, 09:15   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

A colleague took the car for a spin and said it was worse than the previous Linea.
Speakers are the same crap from pre-facelift Linea. However the new headunit has a lot better output if you are taking the personalised ICE route. I have seen one new linea already with the ICE set up. It sounded quite good.

Fir god sake, Fiat should start giving decent speakers. Not all will be keen to meddle with the wiring & get personalised ICE set up or have access to get a quality installation done.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 09:27   #355
BHPian

Audio quality was much better and improved when we tested on the launch day...some one needs to confirm if they are maintaining the same quality
mchanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 10:05   #356
BHPian

I've almost finalized on buying T-Jet but concerned about the turbo kick. Few folks who have TD'd the new Linea are saying that the power delivery is linear and no push can be felt. I currently drive Scorpio mHawk and addicted to its turbo kick.

I've TD'd old one and didn't like the interiors. I like the new ones interiors but this concern.

Could anyone of you guys help me with the right info please ?

Thanks,
Rajesh

Last edited by 2500cc : 2nd July 2014 at 10:06.
Old 2nd July 2014, 11:24   #357
Senior - BHPian

I had asked the same question here and post getting much advise i finally decided that my run in period was going to be about 1000 Km's. I also did my first highway trip to Shimla but had more or less crossed this mental milestone. Fantastic drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

I am happy with the output , fiddle around with the equalizers or the user defined one to see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I've almost finalized on buying T-Jet but concerned about the turbo kick. Few folks who have TD'd the new Linea are saying that the power delivery is linear and no push can be felt. I currently drive Scorpio mHawk and addicted to its turbo kick.

Thanks,
Rajesh
No Push does not mean lack of power , it is simply a driving characteristic which has changed. The power is still there.
Old 3rd July 2014, 14:14   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
No Push does not mean lack of power , it is simply a driving characteristic which has changed. The power is still there.
Thanks Puchoo, Am aware that there's enough power, but was more interested in knowing the power delivery, is it linear or not.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Old 3rd July 2014, 14:22   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Puchoo, Am aware that there's enough power, but was more interested in knowing the power delivery, is it linear or not.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Hi Rajesh, one of my earlier post might answer your query. It's post # 291

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3451247
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 15:08   #360
Senior - BHPian

It is more linear , my only point was that it is not like you are going to miss the feeling of power.

Quote:

Thanks,
Rajesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks