Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 22:47   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
What I like the most is the opening statement - honestly you are lucky
BMW 3 series is any drivers dream, it may be a M3 if you are from Europe or any other western country , but when you are from India and you are not gifted with Autobahns, an average driver in this country narrows down to a 320d.

When I first saw the tittle of this thread, I somehow had a feeling that it would be your 320D. Anyway kudos for the purchase once again and for the ownership report.
The pics are amazing and Sukiwa gets the cheers
I am also happy to see the car much more cleaner than how it looked when we did the Lavasa drive.

Wishing you lots of happy miles in your car and may be the Pune T bhp members should meet up once again - if not for a drive may be a for a coffee? Lets say Coffee pe charcha
Thanks for the compliments, Rejoy!

You are the lucky one to be able to make that mammoth trip from London to Mongolia. One more salute to you for that!

M3 is THE car to buy in Europe, period.

The car looks better because I have bought jopasu duster for exteriors and interiors cleaning and that helps to avoid swirl marks which you noticed when last time we meet.

Pune BHPians are having a mini meet tomorrow evening in Baner. In case you want to drop in let me know will PM you the exact address.

Cheers!
Old 13th April 2014, 17:34   #62

re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Congratulations on the priced possession. Its truly a driver's car.
RamRoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 16:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamRoc View Post
Congratulations on the priced possession. Its truly a driver's car.
Thanks, RamRoc!

As for the updates, the car has completed 5600 kms already in three months time. Mostly city driving and a highway run of 800 kms.

So far no niggles except that last week the idrive showed tire pressure warning in one of the tires. Was little worried but thanks to BHPian Amey who advised me to get the air filled up and reset the monitoring system on idrive. Did that and since then the error has not popped up. So it wasn't a puncture, thankfully.

Also, Amey had lend me a spare wheel from his F10 for a long journey of 800 kms. Thanks a lot man!

Wanted to upload the offroading video but some issue with the YouTube login. Shall try it again.
Old 17th April 2014, 21:57   #64
BHPian

What a car that is !! Many Many congratulations on the 320d.

Wishing many happy and Insane miles ahead! Well, I mentioned Insane since this is truly an enthusiast's car !

Drive Safe
skyrocket003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 00:35   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

As for the updates, the car has completed 5600 kms already in three months time. Mostly city driving and a highway run of 800 kms.
Nice to read that your car is running quite a lot. 5600 kms in 3 months is quite a large number. You have opted for the BSI right?

Also I am just thinking if there is any merit in getting your tyre checked since the low pressure warning flashed once. I agree it has gone now but what if its a small leak and running the tyre for more time on relatively low pressure might decrease its life. Isn't it better to get it checked for a puncture just as a precautionary measure?

Last edited by drmohitg : 18th April 2014 at 00:37.
Old 18th April 2014, 13:41   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocket003 View Post
What a car that is !! Many Many congratulations on the 320d.

Wishing many happy and Insane miles ahead! Well, I mentioned Insane since this is truly an enthusiast's car !

Drive Safe
Thanks, skyrocket003!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Nice to read that your car is running quite a lot. 5600 kms in 3 months is quite a large number. You have opted for the BSI right?

Also I am just thinking if there is any merit in getting your tyre checked since the low pressure warning flashed once. I agree it has gone now but what if its a small leak and running the tyre for more time on relatively low pressure might decrease its life. Isn't it better to get it checked for a puncture just as a precautionary measure?
So far I haven't taken BSI. Need to get it asap.

I agree with you regarding getting the tires checked. But the air pressure has been absolutely same for last few days. I mean it was exactly 31 in all four wheels last when I checked.

Will check the pressure again today and see if its same. If not, then need to get the tires checked.
Old 19th May 2014, 12:15   #67
BHPian

Here is the "off-roading" video which I wanted to upload last month but couldn't do so because of lack of free time.

The F30 had no issues post this adventure.

Old 19th May 2014, 12:49   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the "off-roading" video which I wanted to upload last month but couldn't do so because of lack of free time.

The F30 had no issues post this adventure.
Hey Skyliner!
Your video isn't working.

Could you maybe re-upload it?
Old 19th May 2014, 12:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The video cannot be viewed as it is listed as private in your account. You would need to change settings to enable others to view it.
Old 19th May 2014, 12:54   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Hey Skyliner!
Your video isn't working.

Could you maybe re-upload it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
The video cannot be viewed as it is listed as private in your account. You would need to change settings to enable others to view it.
Sorry guys!
I changed the settings now. Never uploaded a video on Youtube before this one that's why messed up.
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Nice car and great review!

I disagree about the looks part though . In my case, it was love at first sight when I saw the F30. That front-end is just perfect IMHO.

Surprised to see nav / tech package not even offered in India. I also heard that 6MT is not even available as an option in the US, in the diesel variant. Is that the same case in India too?
rajushank84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 16:02   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Nice car and great review!

I disagree about the looks part though . In my case, it was love at first sight when I saw the F30. That front-end is just perfect IMHO.

Surprised to see nav / tech package not even offered in India. I also heard that 6MT is not even available as an option in the US, in the diesel variant. Is that the same case in India too?
Thanks, rajushank84.

Yes, in India there is no MT option avaialbe in any variant. I think there is no bimmer which comes in MT in India. Sad but true!
Old 25th May 2014, 15:52   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, rajushank84.

Yes, in India there is no MT option avaialbe in any variant. I think there is no bimmer which comes in MT in India. Sad but true!
Every BMW car has a terrific triptonic which you can use as a manual. I do not understand why you would want to depress a clutch pedal if you are getting the same rush , power and control of gears with a triptronic . . The triptronic in the sports mode works just like a gear which you push back and forth to change gears. And if your car cannot sustain that gear at that speed it goes to the lower gear automatically thereby being kind to the engine. If you are getting both options then why not enjoy both. I think price is not the question here as the MT would probably cost the same.
Old 27th May 2014, 10:52   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
Every BMW car has a terrific triptonic which you can use as a manual. I do not understand why you would want to depress a clutch pedal if you are getting the same rush , power and control of gears with a triptronic . .
If you are someone who doesn't understand why someone would want to take efforts of depressing the clutch then MT is definitely not for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
thereby being kind to the engine.
Precisely the reason why I prefer MT. Being kind to the engine is no fun

BTW, tiptronic is good but still can't match MT. Just my opinion.

Also, for me it is simple. A high revving petrol engine is best enjoyed with a manual transmission (a good one of course) and a diesel engine with AT (also a good one of course).
Old 27th May 2014, 11:29   #75
BHPian

Really nice review the_skyliner!

One doubt. Do I need to get the lamination(or whatever you call that ) done from 3M if I am opting for 3 year BSI? Will it void the vehicle's warranty? If it doesn't then what are the services that I should opt for and why?

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks