Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2024, 01:58   #5641
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
It was a one day trip covering 820kms to and fro. After the eventful day, finally reached home safely late in the night and then to our bunk with a perfect '0' km of DTE in the !!
Nice! But, 64litters of fuel? That's the capacity? I've never even refilled 50!
Old 28th August 2024, 08:04   #5642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Nice! But, 64litters of fuel? That's the capacity? I've never even refilled 50!
Hey, seems you are mistaken.

We did refuel ~12 ltrs at the HP COCO bunk on Express way during our return journey.

And the FE figure of 12.8kmpl displayed here is also a compromised one due to at least 150 kms of driving in the peak Mumbai traffic and about 3+ hrs of idling to use the AC in the parking mode.

It took just 6 hrs of driving in the morning on our way to Mumbai (360 kms) and the rest 12.19 hrs was spent cumulatively in Mumbai traffic and for the journey way back home (460 kms).

Else it usually returns an FE of 15+ kmpl with moderate speeds & around 14 with some spirited driving.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th September 2024 at 14:37. Reason: Minor spacing
Old 28th August 2024, 09:41   #5643
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, seems you are mistaken.
We did refuel ~12 ltrs at the HP COCO bunk on Express way during our return journey.
So 52 litters of capacity, that sounds ok if you bottom out the tank.

Edit: oh I get it, this screen is actually not 'since refuling'.

Last edited by SLK : 28th August 2024 at 09:45.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 17:19   #5644

Hi all, this is my first post on this platform and it’s unfortunately going to have to be a grim one. I have a 2014 1.8T Octavia which has run about 72k km and has been giving me some trouble lately.

Its currently at the service centre after leaking coolant for the 3rd time in 2 years. First leak was in October 2022, where the water pump and thermostat were replaced. This was a massive bill due in part also to the works done on the flimsy plastic AC vents (almost all of which were broken). The thermostat gave up again in September 2023 and was replaced but thankfully they covered about 75% of the cost (all parts come with 2 years warranty if I’m not mistaken).

The following 10 months were smooth, but few days ago the check coolant warning flashed mid drive. Temperatures remained stable and I safely reached my destination which was just 10 minutes away from when warning came on and there I found the coolant level to be well below the min. line. Sent it to my usual ASC whose preliminary conclusion is that it’s the radiator.

They suggest replacing the entire radiator at a price of 20k. The prompt given is- “First need to replace radiator. Further need to check for coolant leakage.”

I had also noticed few drops of oil beneath when parked for longer than a day, which started after a recent oil change. This they have diagnosed as coming from the timing case. The quoted price is 10k for replacing the ‘timing case upper cover’ and a further 15k for the ‘timing case lower cover’. The exact prompt is “need to replace the part and further take long road test, further need to check.” I'm afraid the whole bill may add up to a figure uncomfortably close to the one lakh figure after labour and taxes.

My knowledge on such matters being quite average, I am hoping for some advice or help from more enlightened persons. Should I ask them to replace the radiator and get the oil leak checked out at a separate place or FNG for a more affordable fix? Isn’t the price quoted for radiator replacement too steep? What else must I ask for them to do?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th September 2024 at 14:37. Reason: Spacing for readability
Old 30th August 2024, 19:29   #5645
Senior - BHPian

Okay, so finally decided to move on from Octavia 2 TDI. What a ride it had been for ~ 9 years and 97k kms. Undoubtedly the most favourite car that I owned till now (even after owning Fiesta 1.6s). The last 40k kms it ran on stage 1 tune, Bilstein B6 and 17 inch wheels and it had totally changed the character. Totally reliable, zero breakdown and such a versatile car. Did I say it was faster than almost 95% of the car that I have encountered on my route

Finding a replacement was the most uphill task and with some compromise decided to upgrade. New ride coming soon.

Some parting shots. Thanks to Octavia for all the memories and unlimited fun. You will be terribly missed

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_3403.jpeg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_3402.jpeg
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 11:54   #5646
BHPian

I had renewed the extended warranty of my Octavia VRS ( from 6th to 7 th year). The payment (Rs 49,999) was made on 09th July and I haven't yet received the warranty certificate. It is also not visible for the local Skoda service centre, though the payment was done via the link shared on behalf of Skoda India. Needless to say payment was successfully processed.

I had raised a query with Skoda India via their toll free number on 14-Aug and it was again re-routed to the same local Skoda Service centre. As per my ongoing discussions with the local Skoda Service centre, I understand*they have provided all necessary information to Skoda India as and when Skoda India sought these including odometer reading etc.

It's been almost 2 months since I made this payment and haven't yet received the warranty certificate. Is there any senior official in Skoda India whom I can raise this to get this resolved. ?

Any leads would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 10:40   #5647
BHPian

Hi all,

Now it's high time to change the set of tyres of my Octavia. The current set of Michelin PSP4 has served for 55k and that's more than expected.
And I'm contemplating with Bridgestone Turanza 6i this time, of course in stock size. I've been given a quotation of ₹10,200 per tyre here.

Is the rate fair and how's the feedback on these tyres if any has used for Octavia?

Tia

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th September 2024 at 14:38. Reason: Minor spacing for readability
Old 2nd September 2024, 14:37   #5648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
Now it's high time to change the set of tyres of my Octavia. The current set of Michelin PSP4 has served for 55k and that's more than expected.
And I'm contemplating with Bridgestone Turanza 6i this time, of course in stock size.
Price seems fair, but this is a brand new tyre on the market with very little customer feedback. From what I have been told by my trusted tyre shop, it's a good tyre for comfort oriented customers, silence and ride quality being its USPs. I am personally using Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 in the size 225/50/16, since quite some time, 30000 kms or so, tyres are still good, provide good wet grip and are dead silent. I paid 11K per tyre including road force balancing and alignment, back in 2021. Have had no punctures till date too and I drive on all sorts of road surfaces. When we installed the tyres, one of the tyre was damaged by my mistake, I was too close to a 4" divider while taking a u-turn and the tyre got a side cut. It was promptly replaced under warranty.

For stock size I wouldn't look beyond Michelin Primacy 4s.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 23:30   #5649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Price seems fair,
I am personally using Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 in the size 225/50/16, since quite some time, 30000 kms or so, tyres are still good,

For stock size I wouldn't look beyond Michelin Primacy 4s.

Thanks adi_petrolhead for the reply.
Considering the prices of the 3 being almost the same, I'll visit the shop soon to have a look of the designs first so as to take the final call accordingly.

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 2nd September 2024 at 23:35.
Old 5th September 2024, 23:19   #5650

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Okay, so finally decided to move on from Octavia 2 TDI. What a ride it had been for ~ 9 years and 97k kms. Undoubtedly the most favourite car that I owned till now (even after owning Fiesta 1.6s). The last 40k kms it ran on stage 1 tune, Bilstein B6 and 17 inch wheels and it had totally changed the character. Totally reliable, zero breakdown and such a versatile car. Did I say it was faster than almost 95% of the car that I have encountered on my route

Finding a replacement was the most uphill task and with some compromise decided to upgrade. New ride coming soon.

Some parting shots. Thanks to Octavia for all the memories and unlimited fun. You will be terribly missed

Attachment 2648577

Attachment 2648578

Hey, happened to notice the DRL LEDs on your car. They look like aftermarket ones. I have a 2015 Octavia Elegance mode which has projector headlamps and DRLs. The left one seems to have conked off and I'm not able to get it repaired anywhere. Can you tell me where you got yours installed?
Old 6th September 2024, 13:49   #5651

Hello everyone,

Just a random thought came in my mind today morning while I was starting my car. It took a slightly longer time to start than usual, so I'm guessing low battery is setting in and battery would not last long. I have spoken to Amaron battery guys and working on replacement under warranty.

Now, coming the the thought, what if one day the engine does not start and i need to put the DSG in neutral. How do I go about this procedure. ��

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th September 2024 at 14:39. Reason: Minor spacing for readability
Old 7th September 2024, 10:15   #5652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrantyvoid View Post
Hey, happened to notice the DRL LEDs on your car. They look like aftermarket ones. I have a 2015 Octavia Elegance mode which has projector headlamps and DRLs. The left one seems to have conked off and I'm not able to get it repaired anywhere. Can you tell me where you got yours installed?
I got it done from Evo at Indiranagar. He charges a bit more but quality of work is great.
Old 8th September 2024, 00:13   #5653
BHPian

So fellas,
Finally on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi the unnecessarily long awaited upgrade for my Octy is done and dusted.

Happy to have repeated again with the Michelin PSP4s in stock size as the 3rd set of new rubber for my Octy.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20240906_195200collage.jpg

In fact, I replaced the stock GY NCTs at 20+k kms with Michelin PSP4s in July '21.
And now it's 72.5k kms in the Odo and the new set of shoes is finally on.

•The BEST option I ever had thought about
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img202409071455202.jpg

Once again I bought these from Madhus Tyre Service, Bangalore
(Owned and managed with thorough professionalism by fellow BHPian, Nikhilb2008)

•Got the final job done at Auto Creators, Sangli
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20240907_142828collage.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20240907151013.jpg

•And a 'sneak' pic of the underbelly-
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20240907150705.jpg

Needless to mention, once again it was a fuss-free buying experience at Madhus Tyre Service as usual and not to forget Mohsin Altaf, the General Manager is super cooperative throughout the purchase and transportation process.

Cheers

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 8th September 2024 at 00:22.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 05:32   #5654
BHPian

Hello everyone. I am facing an issue which no one has yet reported on this forum. My Octavia TDI 2019 model’s aircon is not heating up on the driver side. It has dual zone climate control and a few searches on the internet is suggesting a possible flap motor failure. The cooling is fine however, once I set the temperature more than the ambient temperature, while the passenger side heats up, the driver side remains cool. Anyone any inputs on this issue?
Old 14th September 2024, 18:10   #5655
BHPian

My 2016 Skoda Octavia 1.8TSI AT Style Plus variant has been very reliable so far. I've covered 55k in the 8 years of ownership, currently on the 2nd set of tyres (Yokohama Earth-1, replaced at 40k) and 3rd battery (Exide from outside, replaced in Jun' 24). My 9th service is due in one month. There was a slight blip in the blissful ownership with the car wanting to celebrate Diwali a bit early, see below:
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-dashboardabserror.jpeg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-iceabserror.jpeg

There was absolutely no other problem or any other symptoms like hard steering, incorrect speed being displayed, erratic auto lock etc. However I did not drive the car much post the error.

Got the car scanned at a FNG and the problem was narrowed down to faulty left rear sensor. Thanks to bhpian @AKSarkar1, he helped me by providing contact of Saral Trading LLC Mumbai. Ordered a set of 4 sensors. The part numbers are:
1. WHT003860 - Front right
2. WHT003861 - Front left
3. WHT003864 - Rear left and right (both are same). These are black in colour and my car came with these
4. WHT003864B - Also rear left and right, these are grey in colour and some cars came with these. The seller was kind enough to send grey ones in addition to black ones

Post the sensor replacement all the errors disappeared. On a related note does any know what is the difference between WHT003864 and WHT003864B? Is the one with B a later(=better) version of the sensor?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks