Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2024, 13:23   #5626
BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Christmas came early. Off late I’ve been having this issue where every warning possible comes on when the car is started after not being used for more than 12 hours. One by one every light goes away within 5-6kms. I’ve visited my mechanic twice but the problems, quite frustratingly I may add, refuse to reappear in front of him. The car fires up with zero drama so I’m not sure if it is a battery issue. Anyone who has faced a similar situation?

Not pictured here but an airbag light also comes on and the speedo along with the power steering cuts in and out.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2924.jpeg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2925.jpeg
Old 4th August 2024, 18:09   #5627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post

Not pictured here but an airbag light also comes on and the speedo along with the power steering cuts in and out.
Could be an ABS sensor gone kaput, did you run an OBD scan for errors?
Old 5th August 2024, 00:00   #5628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Christmas came early. Off late I’ve been having this issue where every warning possible comes on when the car is started after not being used for more than 12 hours. One by one every light goes away within 5-6kms. I’ve visited my mechanic twice but the problems, quite frustratingly I may add, refuse to reappear in front of him. The car fires up with zero drama so I’m not sure if it is a battery issue. Anyone who has faced a similar situation?

Attachment 2636435

Attachment 2636437
ABS Sensor gone kaput in all probability. Check battery as well.
Old 11th August 2024, 11:47   #5629
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2636435

Attachment 2636437
I've had the same issue, it's a dying battery for sure

I had given my car to the local 3M centre for cleaning and they gave me the car back with a drained battery. Multiple jump starts later (battery refused to recharge on driving) I ran into the same issue as you - Christmas lights and the "Error: brake. Workshop!" Warning at which point the car refused to start.
Called a local battery mechanic who pronounced the battery dead

Replaced the battery and all the issues were gone!

Last edited by SiddharthR : 11th August 2024 at 11:48.
Old 11th August 2024, 12:37   #5630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Could be an ABS sensor gone kaput, did you run an OBD scan for errors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
ABS Sensor gone kaput in all probability. Check battery as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddharthR View Post
I've had the same issue, it's a dying battery for sure
Replaced the battery and all the issues were gone!
Thank you to everyone for the replies. ABS sensors were alright, I had them checked prior to making the post. I had not been driving the car enough over the past month (50-60 kms only) because of the disappearing nature of roads in Maharashtra during monsoons. Have been driving the car more now and thankfully the issue has not reappeared. Checked the battery SOC the morning after a long drive and it showed 100 percent.
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 11:57   #5631
BHPian

Hi! My 2020 Octavia met with a minor fender bender over the weekend. There have been many instances where the vehicle behind has bumped my car in traffic but there never was any major damage. This time however, the rear left lamp assembly has got a crack. When i checked it as soon as it happened, it looked quite bad and the bumper looked scratched but after the regular car wash the next day, it seems to be just the assembly that is damaged.

Do you think I should get it replaced or continue with it? If its just cosmetic, I will probably get it done at the annual service at the end of the year. If there are other concerns like water entering and damaging electricals, I will try to get it repaired soon. Problem is the time the ASC takes for getting replacements and fitting them. Also, not sure of letting go of the no claim bonus for claiming it under insurance.

Views are welcome

Immediately after incident:

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-1000105050.jpg

Next day:

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-1000105374.jpg
Old 17th August 2024, 20:01   #5632
BHPian

hi all, recently my front center ac vents adjuster broke. Would it be covered in warranty and if not any one has any idea of how much would they cost at dealership or any reliable source to procure from outside?
Old 17th August 2024, 20:17   #5633
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pony View Post
hi all, recently my front center ac vents adjuster broke. Would it be covered in warranty and if not any one has any idea of how much would they cost at dealership or any reliable source to procure from outside?
Don't think it's covered in warranty. I took out all 5 of my vents and then repaired them myself by using innovative ingredients!, not sure how long it'll last but it's a design flaw, replacements also won't last forever.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks