Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2013, 15:07   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Among the Swift, Polo, Fabia and Punto, the Swift has scored the highest points. Here are the results:
Just a small note on this – all the four you’ve listed are from different years of NCAP ratings (2005 Punto, 2007 Fabia, 2009 Polo, and 2010 Swift). And the safety specifications all these models are quite different from what is sold in India.

Mods: This thread is going severely OT with discussions going around Suzuki’s build quality and safety credentials. Probably better to close this thread, and Rockporiom can start a new ownership thread once he gets the replacement car.
vb-saan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 16:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
That is only in terms of quality of interior fit and finish.

Among the Swift, Polo, Fabia and Punto, the Swift has scored the highest points.
Hi @amolbh

This is my last post on this thread, but probably will help you & all others, why the Indian Dzire cannot be rated equally safe as Euro Swift (rated 5-Stars).

Please refer below link M&M XUV500's ANCAP test result where it scored 4-stars:

http://www.ancap.com.au/crashtestrecord?Id=475

Quote:
Excerpts:
The passenger compartment lost structural integrity. Protection from serious leg injury was poor for the driver due to excessive rearward movement of the brake pedal.
In the case of the car, both of the things have happened-

1. There is rearward movement of clutch pedal, resulting in leg injury to @rockporium's father;

2. The passenger compartment has lost structural integrity at multiple points as I have highlighted in my post earlier.

Now, to @audioholic & @IshaanIan, please give some lame excuse other than excess speeds for the severity of accident, because if the agencies behind safety ratings in North America, Europa & Australia not aware of such possibilities (high speeds crashes), why do you think they do not conduct separate test to simulate such scenarios.

FYI, rather in US there are new set of test which also check the possibilities of a rear crash & other scenarios, like hitting a light posts, etc., where even the latest Corolla has failed. You can check the latest data on internet, & not just rely on old thesis, which has not been superseded by newer work.

My point of posting on this thread was to sympathise with @rockporium & help him choose the best for himself. However, the final decision has to be from him/ family & we must support him.

PS: @rockporium, I am sorry, I quoted your father was in ICU, when he wasn't, but that was in reference to your post where you mentioned you changed hospitals, & I assumed that was because of his condition being bad .
Please accept my apology.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 16:19   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Okay lets end this, however
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

Now, to @audioholic & @IshaanIan, please give some lame excuse other than excess speeds for the severity of accident, because if the agencies behind .[/b]
I dont think I brought the issue of speed anywhere before, did I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
own Accidents thread. A Toyota Etios crumbles like paper, you cannot justify that by saying that the whole body is made of crumple zones. Crumple zones are placed at strategic points of impact and not necessarily the monocoque chassis or the running board/rocker panel.
Good luck!
If you did go through the image I had posted, the impact force is distributed to the sides and the Running board IS a crumple zone. Yes European cars are better built no doubt. That is with respect to damage the car undergoes. A punto in this case would have suffered lesser damage owing to its better build. However lesser damage to car does not mean lesser damage to occupants. Remember, force that is imparted to both cars will be equal, only thing that differs is where that force is disspiated. In case of a heavily built car, it will resist intrinsic change and transfer the forces elsewhere. This can include the passenger too, but not a must. Better build and better safety is discussed in detail and debated heavily in a different thread so this might go off topic.

Last edited by audioholic : 16th November 2013 at 16:23.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 19:41   #79
Senior - BHPian

Lol @cardeep, you mean to say excess speed is a lame excuse? :o WOW you are seriously deluded my friend. All the cars sold in India save perhaps the top-end i20, will not have the same crash ratings as their euro counterparts.
Old 17th November 2013, 00:19   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Firstly mate, CARDEEP was just trying to make a point that European cars are better built than their Japanese counterparts, which is a fact. Your dad *might* have had lesser injuries had he been in say a VW/Skoda/Fiat.

You need not take only the Punto-tree incident and your Dzire's incident to gauge this fact. There are numerous others in our own Accidents thread. A Toyota Etios crumbles like paper, you cannot justify that by saying that the whole body is made of crumple zones. Crumple zones are placed at strategic points of impact and not necessarily the monocoque chassis or the running board/rocker panel.

Just give it a thought, rather than reacting, sometimes it makes sense to use our mind than follow our sentiments, it is understandable that you definitely would have some sentiments towards the totalled car.

Good luck!
No offense but just let leave the etios amd liva out of this. Both of them have built to cost feel sit in dzire and sit in etios after that. You can easily feel the difference. Many reviews have even stated this in their reviews.

The crumple zones crumple in such a manner that they absorb maximum impact without injuring the passenger. It is also there to make sure that the occupants can open the doors and get out of the car after the impact which my dad could easily do, only the left front door didn't open since the accent broken it in the impact and crushed it. Remaing all doors opened. First the engine bay and majority of the front absorbed majority of the the impact and later the roof railings and the running board absorbed the remaining energy. Only reason my dad was injured is that his leg was on the clutch pedal during the impact and when the impact happened the clutch broke and the pedal went in and due to the force of the impact my dad's leg hit the brake pedal and went straight in since it was metal. I checked the pedals later and found blood on the brake pedal and deduced this. If his leg weren't on the pedal he would have escaped with minor bruises and could have walked off and I bet we wouldn't have had this debate.

Hey guys this thread is going way and becoming a japenes versus european build quality thread. I just want to discuss my experience with the insurance company and my claim processes and time taken. So lets just end it here and stick to insurance and related things. And have further found a beige dzire zdi with one dealer after lot of searching since it is very rarely ordered and am probably going to go for it. Thanks for all the posts wishing my dad a speedy recovery its appreciated.

Will update the thread as and when there are new developments with the insurance company. They have been very helpful and have even given legal advice through their legal team. Loved the professionalism of baja allianz.

Will also create a new ownership thread once I get my new dzire.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th November 2013 at 15:53. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post. Thanks.
Old 17th November 2013, 13:13   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post

Will update the thread as and when there are new developments with the insurance company. They have been very helpful and have even given legal advice through their legal team. Loved the professionalism of baja allianz.
Isn't the surveyor working for the insurance company? or the service centre?

How can it be that someone has to "claim" the other car? Shouldn't it be sufficient to show the FIR and insurance details of the other car to your insurance company and they would handle the rest?

Hope your dad is fine.
Old 17th November 2013, 13:47   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowEye View Post
Isn't the surveyor working for the insurance company? or the service centre?

How can it be that someone has to "claim" the other car? Shouldn't it be sufficient to show the FIR and insurance details of the other car to your insurance company and they would handle the rest?

Hope your dad is fine.
Ya the insurance company has told me that they just need the details of the insurer of the car and they will handle the rest. Further if their car is also insured by bajaj then the process will be super fast.

The surveyor is from the insurance company. We are looking for an out of court settlement as far as possible.
Old 18th November 2013, 12:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

In such cases, since you've paid life tax on this car, will you be filing for a refund ? I have read that this is possible, although it does take it's time, but the amount is quite big and should be worth it...
Old 18th November 2013, 15:30   #84
BHPian

Glad your dad is safe. I dont want to open a debate but I feel CNG'ed car going above 150kmph is unthinkable. I am considering the car is running in CNG. Even if its runs on petrol, accent already takes the toll on the crumple zone and hitting the divider and continued to hit the dzire and shell becomes egg shaped. Point to be noted is crumple zone is for occupants safety but the question is how much. I have seen city got crushed too much and very moderate speeds where I felt this level of crumble is not at all needed. Another minor accident less than 30 kmph where k10 rear ended punto results in bent bonnet and leaked radiator and other stuff. Punto just had paint marks on the bumper. I would suggest you to go for safer car with little more metal on the shell than tin cans. Also go for the car with hydraullic clutches. Hydraulic clutch wont wip lash in such circumstances unlike cable clutches. Drive safe
Old 18th November 2013, 16:09   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
. Also go for the car with hydraullic clutches. Hydraulic clutch wont wip lash in such circumstances unlike cable clutches. Drive safe
You were so against the car that you forgot to verify if the car had hydraulic or a cable clutch, nor was it built better than a k10. So your theory doesnt hold good here.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 16:21   #86
BHPian

Guys request you to stop the discussion on safety of the dzire since it takes the thread and starts an uncontrollable debate. let's stick to insurance cliam and related stuff. As I have already made my decision on going for a dzire zdi again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
In such cases, since you've paid life tax on this car, will you be filing for a refund ? I have read that this is possible, although it does take it's time, but the amount is quite big and should be worth it...
I asked quiet a lot of people for information on the same. Is this possible if yes how do I go about it. I don't mind the time taken if it is possible since road tax was around 45k.

Last edited by rockporiom : 18th November 2013 at 16:23.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 16:26   #87
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Since the car is history, this thread is closed.

@ rockporiom, please create a new thread once the replacement comes home.

Thanks!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks