Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 13:17   #121
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?

Hi Naveen, thanks for sharing the video, how is it at night time ?
You mentioned 7hrs for recording, is that because of the size of memory card or the battery? Max recording time without having the charger connected.
Old 28th July 2014, 14:09   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
You mentioned 7hrs for recording, is that because of the size of memory card or the battery? Max recording time without having the charger connected.
Night quality isnt all that great. If the streets are lit or car's headlights are on, it's pretty fine. Shall post a video tonight. The recording time depends on the memory card. I have a 16gb card and if I lower the quality it goes to more than 10 hours.
Old 28th July 2014, 20:10   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Here's a night shot. As mentioned, video quality isnt great but can make out what's happening. Also, this was with minimal lighting. (Kindly excuse the thumbnail. That's not the actual quality)

Last edited by naveen.raju : 28th July 2014 at 20:14.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 20:55   #124
BHPian

Hi Naveen, Thanks a ton for sharing the day and night videos. This is really helpful and for the price I think it is quite decent.
Old 30th July 2014, 18:37   #125
BHPian

The cam IQ is good for the price. I am definitely going for it. Thanks for the videos.
Old 27th August 2014, 07:31   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

1500km drive update:

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140826_193755.jpg

Well, 1499.8 kms to be precise. Here's a short brief:

Route - Cochin> Chennai> Pondicherry> Cochin
Mileage - 13.6kmpl
Average Speed - 55kmph
Tyre Pressure - 33 psi

Good
1) Very stable at high speeds
2) Good braking (ABS kicks in at the right time but MRF spoiled the grip)
3) Very less cabin noise
4) Adequate power on tap
5) Decent boot space. Swallowed our huge bag, 3 small covers and a laptop bag.
6) Managed to carry 7 adults (including me). 3 passengers in the rear seat didnt complain much but when the 4th passenger was added, they werent too happy. Managed to seat 2 passengers in the front although it's not recommended but it was a short drive to drop the off.
7) High GC - Oh yes!

Bad
1) MRF - "Pathetic" under braking and during high speed cornering
2) Shocks have that thud effect while going over potholes (I took one of the worst stretch that's known to man now and had a very uncomfortable 30-40kms. Aftermarket shocks - Very seriously thinking)
3) Few squeaks from the rear. I have heard from my friend working at ford that the tail gate will start developing squeaks in the long run. It aint that strong and their test vehicles developed this problem.
4) Lack of 6th gear. Makes a huge difference to the noise insulation and mileage. (my sister drove down in her Jetta and clocked 20 kmpl - Bangalore - Chennai)
5) Lighting - I dont need to explain this as everyone knows.

I shall be uploading some videos showing the kind of road I took for this trip.
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 08:21   #127
Senior - BHPian

Time to swap all the remaining MRFs with Michelin I guess. You can save on the cost for aftermarket shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
3) Few squeaks from the rear. I have heard from my friend working at ford that the tail gate will start developing squeaks in the long run. It aint that strong and their test vehicles developed this problem.
4) Lack of 6th gear. Makes a huge difference to the noise insulation and mileage. (my sister drove down in her Jetta and clocked 20 kmpl - Bangalore - Chennai)
The spare wheel mounted on the tail gate will not be helping the mounts and the hydraulic strut. If i am not mistaken, the older Safari used to develop squeaks over time too. One reason why the current variant has the spare mounted underneath. Besides its easier to use as well, at the cost of aesthetics of course.

The flat and tall face of the EcoSport is to blame for the FE on the highway I guess. The drag will be quite immense at high speeds.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 08:58   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mileage - 13.6kmpl
Average Speed - 55kmph
Tyre Pressure - 33 psi
The FE kinda looks lowly for the average speed recorded. Can you mention the driving style and top speeds sustained during the trip?
Old 27th August 2014, 09:08   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The FE kinda looks lowly for the average speed recorded. Can you mention the driving style and top speeds sustained during the trip?
Yes. This also includes around 200+kms in chennai city. Also, I did use heavy foot during the drive which also translates to the early arrival. Started at 4am and reached Tambaram at around 1pm. Also since I was cruising at triple digit speed, the rpm was hovering around 3k which can reduce the mileage.
Old 28th August 2014, 10:58   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Have uploaded the videos here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3516822
Old 29th August 2014, 01:32   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got it from ebay. Will update the thread with videos as I had to buy the SD card separately.

If possible, can you please provide the link or the seller details? The price is 1.5k? Any major drawbacks noticed? Is it possible to read vehicle number plates in the videos?

I would like to have one in my car. Don't need high quality videos for now, need something basic which can keep recording in loops for around 5 hours day in day out without any interruption, whenever car is used- mainly as a safety deterrent.
Old 29th August 2014, 06:53   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
If possible, can you please provide the link or the seller details? The price is 1.5k? Any major drawbacks noticed? Is it possible to read vehicle number plates in the videos?

I would like to have one in my car. Don't need high quality videos for now, need something basic which can keep recording in loops for around 5 hours day in day out without any interruption, whenever car is used- mainly as a safety deterrent.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/301111879806?...84.m1439.l2649

You can see some of the videos in the link that I had provided yesterday (roads in kerala). Only if the car is close, you will be able to read the plates. The video quality is the only drawback and also the car charger is of bad quality. Mine stopped working in a week. It's always better to use an USB cable (I already have a Belkin car charger point. I use a 3m long usb cable). Also, the battery (the same thing found in old nokia phones) is not all that good. Battery wont last. Everything else is good like audio quality, suction cup, menu options, loop recording. If you use a 16gb card, you will be able to record almost 7 hours of HD video. Lower the quality and you have more than 10 hours. For this price, I would definitely recommend this product.
Old 29th August 2014, 08:44   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/301111879806?...84.m1439.l2649

You can see some of the videos in the link that I had provided yesterday (roads in kerala). Only if the car is close, you will be able to read the plates. The video quality is the only drawback and also the car charger is of bad quality. Mine stopped working in a week. It's always better to use an USB cable (I already have a Belkin car charger point. I use a 3m long usb cable). Also, the battery (the same thing found in old nokia phones) is not all that good. Battery wont last. Everything else is good like audio quality, suction cup, menu options, loop recording. If you use a 16gb card, you will be able to record almost 7 hours of HD video. Lower the quality and you have more than 10 hours. For this price, I would definitely recommend this product.
Thank you. Even I already have a car charger from Capdase with USB point. So that should not be an issue.

What do you mean by battery won't last? When it's taken off the charger? Or are you suggesting that it gets damaged soon?
Old 29th August 2014, 08:49   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What do you mean by battery won't last? When it's taken off the charger? Or are you suggesting that it gets damaged soon?
Yes, when it's taken off the charger. Will last only for a couple of mins even though it's fully charged. No point in relying on the battery. Car charger is the best bet here.
Old 10th September 2014, 21:26   #135

can you please share ebay link for DVR ?

Quote:
Just bought a car DVR. Paid 1500 for it. Respectable quality and loaded with features (auto on/off, motion detection, night vision, inbuilt chargeable battery, 270 degree rotating screen etc). Video quality is pretty reasonable considering the price. Waiting for the SD card to arrive. Shall post some videos over the weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks