Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 11:44   #256
BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report

I was at the VW Workshop yesterday, and saw the New Jetta there, which now comes with paddle shifters. Do you know if the the steering / paddle shift assembly from the New Jetta can be retro-fitted into the Polo / Vento TSI as well?

Quite intrigued to get this mod done on my car
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 12:02   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
I was at the VW Workshop yesterday, and saw the New Jetta there, which now comes with paddle shifters. Do you know if the the steering / paddle shift assembly from the New Jetta can be retro-fitted into the Polo / Vento TSI as well?

Quite intrigued to get this mod done on my car
Yes, the new Jetta steering is simply plug-n-play. However research is still on if paddle shifters can be separately retrofitted on our GT TSI's.

Steering cost could be in the range of ~50k, check with your dealer if possible. Paddles will have to be a after-market job, if at all that's possible.

PS: Prithwi da, I've hijacked your thread and replying on your behalf!
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 19:40   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Yes, the new Jetta steering is simply plug-n-play. However research is still on if paddle shifters can be separately retrofitted on our GT TSI's.

Steering cost could be in the range of ~50k, check with your dealer if possible. Paddles will have to be a after-market job, if at all that's possible.
Yes, I'm too am hoping this steering too will be plug and play. Asked the service manager for the price; he mentioned that they haven't received the list of spares yet, but should have an update for me by next week. However, he did mention that availability of the steering wheel / paddle shift assembly may take a while.
Old 24th February 2015, 15:52   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Yes, I'm too am hoping this steering too will be plug and play. Asked the service manager for the price; he mentioned that they haven't received the list of spares yet, but should have an update for me by next week. However, he did mention that availability of the steering wheel / paddle shift assembly may take a while.
Hi Bosporus. Any luck with the steering? I called the service station in Bombay & they have no clue whatsoever!
Old 24th February 2015, 23:45   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ankit View Post
Hi Bosporus. Any luck with the steering? I called the service station in Bombay & they have no clue whatsoever!

Ankit, am traveling, will only be back end of next week; they should have an update by then, hopefully. Will keep you posted.
Old 8th September 2015, 21:39   #261
BHPian

Hey Prithwi,

Great set of mods on your car. That TSI is a real looker. I recently shifted to Gurgaon and was planning to head over to Autopsyche this weekend - I own a red TSI too. Any chance you're planning to go there? Would love to check out your car in person. Please PM me if we can catch up

Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 18:34   #262
BHPian

Amazing mods and thread. Prithvi you rock. I visit gurgaon regularly wish to see the beauty in flesh.
Old 16th December 2017, 21:20   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Some more updates on the brakes. Braking has improved significantly and the initial bite is terrific. XDS involvement has also become very pronounced during any kind of hard cornering. In traffic, Ive to adjust my driving style a little as the new brembo pads are very grabby compared to the TVS pads. Overall a very good mod. I've also asked him to get me a set of Brembo HP2000 (track pads) for the Polo for my race events.

A new issue has propped up with the cluster with the speedo needle dropping below zero, and the cluster speedo reading down by 5-10kmph off GPS and the Digital speedo. Also the needle is struggling a bit on the way down, particularly from 30-0. Have contacted VAGTUNE for the warranty (if available).
My Vento has clocked mileage of 26K kms and looking for making a brake upgrade. offlate one feedback that i hear consistently is that the material in TVS pads are the culprit that makes the rotors worn soon in Vento/Skoda, - My first choice was brembo rotors and red brake pads but i see too many of bhpians are discussing about brembo squealing issues.
1) Did you face any challenges including squealing issues?
2) how is the longevity of the brake pads and rotors when compared to OEM stock pads
3) Any negatives that i need to know
4) if you recommend Where do i purchase original Brembo brake pads(iam from chennai-is the one from Amazon Original) - i am very particular that i do nt want to end up buying a fake one from the market
5) what is the part number or model that suit Vento 2015 model - Diesel.
6) do you recommend replacing the rotors also in one go

Pls suggest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks