Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 02:45   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
So far I've used S Drives on the Polo since day 1,
Bubbles stories are mostly found to be from really old tires which are sold beyond their recommended mfg date at a discounted rate.
Thanks for the update Prithwi. My Vento is due for a tyre change in next few thousand miles and am stuck between Hankook V8 RS and S drives in 205/55/R15. I drive the car really hard and pretty happy with the grip my 195/60 Bridgestone Potenza's have provided so far. The sidewalls are very hard and there is zero body roll around corners, never heard them squeal so far whereas XM1's on my friend's Rapid squeal like a pig and the car rolls around like a Verna.

Am paranoid about this sidewall bubble issue in S drives. Did you do any out station trip in your Polo with these tyres on potholed roads? Any clue on how the Hankook's are? Need a reliable performance tyre, ride quality is my last requirement. How is the tyre noise in S drives?
Old 1st December 2014, 02:48   #242
BHPian

Pictures Galore boys.. enjoy!

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-10707715_10203683511907246_481262776_o.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-polo.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-polochicane-exit.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-polospeed-sprint.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-10659066_10154821979505153_3365826676241402071_o.jpg
prithwi-81 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 02:51   #243
BHPian

A video of the Polo at BIC..

prithwi-81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 03:10   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Thanks for the update Prithwi. My Vento is due for a tyre change in next few thousand miles and am stuck between Hankook V8 RS and S drives in 205/55/R15. I drive the car really hard and pretty happy with the grip my 195/60 Bridgestone Potenza's have provided so far. The sidewalls are very hard and there is zero body roll around corners, never heard them squeal so far whereas XM1's on my friend's Rapid squeal like a pig and the car rolls around like a Verna.

Am paranoid about this sidewall bubble issue in S drives. Did you do any out station trip in your Polo with these tyres on potholed roads? Any clue on how the Hankook's are? Need a reliable performance tyre, ride quality is my last requirement. How is the tyre noise in S drives?
Delhi gurgaon daily. Cyber city and mad roads or the lack of them. Also 3 trips to Rajasthan, Agra etc. They survived all that. Drive sensibly and your tires will survive.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 22:57   #245
BHPian

Nice to see some updates Prithwi.

Those alloys look different in the last few pix, are those different to the ones you had on originally?

Sorry to bring up an old topic, were you able to sort out your cluster issue from a few months back?
Old 3rd December 2014, 14:21   #246
BHPian

Cluster Issue still is there. VagTune wants me to send him the cluster which he will attempt to repair. no warranty. (SIGH). No thanks, not happening. So I'm living with it. Have asked my dealership to order a replacement.

The black sparco's are my own wheels. The other set are from the Polo R Cups which i was using thanks to VW.
Old 10th December 2014, 22:02   #247
BHPian

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question:

I asked a dealer about the color options and they say that the GT twins are available in all colors in which the new polo is available. Can someone please confirm the same? I do know of the red, white and grey (carbon steel) options but not sure about others.
Old 11th December 2014, 08:23   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino View Post
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question:

I asked a dealer about the color options and they say that the GT twins are available in all colors in which the new polo is available. Can someone please confirm the same? I do know of the red, white and grey (carbon steel) options but not sure about others.
This is the right place to ask this question: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-163.html

BTW, i agree with what you know.
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 20:17   #249

Took a couple photos outside of Autopsyche of Prithwi's polo.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-9.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-8.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-7.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-6.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-5.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-3.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-2.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-1.jpg  

tekgeekhd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 22:46   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Hi prithvi: I use a BMW 5 series and an A6, and was considering the GT tsi as an extra city car for when we need a small car. Was considering this as are used to nice engines and gearboxes on the sedan, and did not want an ordinary city car which we would never use due to the driving experience. Do you think this GT Tsi is the right choice? the new GT Tsi comes with Apollo alnac tyres - due you think its worth upgrading these and to what. I don't want to change the original rims. Did you upgrade your headlight bulbs and if so to what? Lastly where can I buy the original centre armrest and price? Does it just fit in or does it require modification? Thanks, g

No need to change the original rims unless you MUST move to 16". However the throw of the original TSi headlights is crap and it's better to move to projectors - this changes completely with the double barrel option in the facelift which is more than good enough.
Old 16th February 2015, 00:23   #251
BHPian

Prithwi, just chanced upon this thread, and I love the modifications you've made to the car.

You've inspired me, so a couple of questions, basis your experience:
- My brake pads need replacing, and I noticed you're using Brembo. How's been your experience with them so far? Should I go in for them? Did you get them installed from the VW Workshop, and is it a straightforward install or are any modifications required?

- I was thinking of going in for 17" rims, with 215/40 R17 wheels. Thoughts? I am what may be called an enthusiastic driver, and for me, the driving experience (and aesthetics) are paramount, so if you think the 17" can spoil that terribly, do give me a shout. The bulk of my driving is in Delhi / Gurgaon and occasional trips to Chandigarh, so most of my driving is on pretty decent roads.

- I was also thinking of MOMO Revenge Wheels - need to pay a visit to Sai Alloys one of these days & see them in the metal. How much did they cost you?

- Any thoughts on tyres. Fast cornering, steering feel, braking distance, are important for me. My current tyres, which need replacing, are the Apollo Aceleres the car came with, and the road noise on those bugs me, but since I haven't tried more exotic tyres, not sure how that compares.

I'm sorry for imposing on your time, but seeing what you've done to your car, I think you're the best person to answer those.

Thanks a ton!
Old 18th February 2015, 00:42   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Some more updates on the brakes. Braking has improved significantly and the initial bite is terrific. XDS involvement has also become very pronounced during any kind of hard cornering. In traffic, Ive to adjust my driving style a little as the new brembo pads are very grabby compared to the TVS pads. Overall a very good mod. I've also asked him to get me a set of Brembo HP2000 (track pads) for the Polo for my race events.
Prithvi, is this to say they are less progressive compared to the OEM pads, or just that they have more bite / are more powerful?

Also, I checked with the VW workshop in ArdeeCity (Gurgaon) and while they're otherwise excellent & very helpful, they said they said they can only install stock brake pads. Where did you get your pads changed from? How much did it cost, in labor, approx.?
Old 18th February 2015, 09:56   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Prithvi, is this to say they are less progressive compared to the OEM pads, or just that they have more bite / are more powerful?

Also, I checked with the VW workshop in ArdeeCity (Gurgaon) and while they're otherwise excellent & very helpful, they said they said they can only install stock brake pads. Where did you get your pads changed from? How much did it cost, in labor, approx.?
Same place from where all his mods are done - Autopsyche (Gurgaon)!

Cost is mentioned in the post above where pad pics are attached - INR2,400. I think now you should be able to get that price including fitting.
Old 18th February 2015, 10:04   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Same place from where all his mods are done - Autopsyche (Gurgaon)!

Cost is mentioned in the post above where pad pics are attached - INR2,400. I think now you should be able to get that price including fitting.
In his posts Prithwi, had mentioned that he'd ordered the pads from Yolo Performance, who are Chennai based, so guessing only the fitting was done from Autopsyche. And considering the mods on his car, anyways makes sense to check them out. Thanks amanomics!
Old 18th February 2015, 10:34   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
In his posts Prithwi, had mentioned that he'd ordered the pads from Yolo Performance, who are Chennai based, so guessing only the fitting was done from Autopsyche. And considering the mods on his car, anyways makes sense to check them out. Thanks amanomics!
Yes YOLO are the official distributors for India. So either you can order from Chennai and get them fitted here (two payments), or just place an order with Autopsyche (the easy way!).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks