Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 12:24   #61
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report EDIT: Sold!

Congratulations chase_nt on your "Red Rocket".
Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car.

Cheers
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 15:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Any idea what are the improvements? The extended warranty doesn't seem to be applicable to the DSG so the confidence level is still not that much.

Also, improved DSG has been mentioned on quite a few sites but no details on improvements done. Around the world this gearbox is taking a royal beating by media and earning a bad name.
This month's ACI has a review of the GTI and they have mentioned about the mechatronic's problem's in this gearbox. The problem it seems was traced to the connector's and they have been upgraded post 2011.
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 18:21   #63
BHPian

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report Update

The Red Rocket has now touched 212 kms and though i have got used to the power of the car i am still loving every bit of it. There is a lot of improvement in the brakes of the vehicle compared to the day that i first drove it out of the showroom. In fact i feel that the braking ability is quite decent at the moment. Though i am not much of a fuel efficiency nut i am gonna post the details for the benefit of the other readers out here. The car has returned an efficiency of 10.7 km/liter of fuel. This was without the air con being used at all and the type of drive included 50% city along with 50% highway. My driving style was mostly aggressive with the sports mode being used for about 15% of the time.

I feel that the FE figures seem pretty decent for a hatchback that induces you to be aggressive most of the time and i am sure it will improve with the vehicle being run in.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 20:14   #64
BHPian

Nice update. The car would open up soon as it clocks more and more kilometers, and you will see the braking and performance of the GT TSI increasing. The FE is pretty much decent from a 100+ bhp car, driven for just ~200 kms and spiritedly. Hope it increases soon.

What about a video of 0-100 kph in your GT TSI, eh?
Old 25th June 2013, 21:22   #65
BHPian

Thanks for your great review! And the follow up posts.
I just booked my white TSi earlier today! Can't wait to get it
mango_pal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 18:01   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
What about a video of 0-100 kph in your GT TSI, eh?
I would like to do that however i'm alone every time that i drive my car (i'm a reclusive guy). I should have had my friend shoot a video when we were timing the 100 km/hr sprints about 10 days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Thanks for your great review! And the follow up posts.
I just booked my white TSi earlier today! Can't wait to get it
Thanks mango_pal. Congratulations on booking the GT. I'm sure the wait is gonna be agonizing (it was for me). How long did the dealer say you would have to wait before receiving the GT? I heard from my local VW dealership that there is a 2 month waiting period for new GT's.
chase_nt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 18:08   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post

Thanks mango_pal. Congratulations on booking the GT. I'm sure the wait is gonna be agonizing (it was for me). How long did the dealer say you would have to wait before receiving the GT? I heard from my local VW dealership that there is a 2 month waiting period for new GT's.
2 months :(
But they're apparently ramping up the production capacity. So lets see...
Old 26th July 2013, 13:59   #68
BHPian

It’s been a while since I've updated this thread. The GT has now touched 370 km after 1 1/2 months of ownership yes that's right (it’s not a typo).

The odometer that is stuck in time.

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-cropped-pic-1.jpg

Jvc AVX 836

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-201307260861.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-201307260865.jpg

I decided that enough is enough with the below par stock ICE unit and I plunked in my trusted 7 inch in-dash Bluetooth enabled JVC AVX 836 as well as the speakers/sub/amp that used to do duty in my ex Chevy and ex Honda. I am running a total of 9 speakers in the vehicle now and that includes the JBL 1000 w sub. I am using the same stock 4 inch speakers installed in the 4 doors by Volkswagen. I have a couple of Philips 4 way 400w 6/9 inch speakers on the rear plank along with a couple of pioneer tweeters. I have also got the JBL amplifier mounted on the rear parcel tray (a trademark that I have followed for many years now).

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-201307260867.jpg

All the speakers on the rear parcel tray

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-201307260871.jpg

JBL amp.

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-201307260872.jpg

JBL sub.

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-cropped-pic-2.jpg

The Philips 400w 6/9 inch speakers with pioneer tweeters.

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-201307260873.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-201307260874.jpg

The sound quality is awesome and I am more than happy with the fidelity now. I haven't got much to add regarding the vehicle considering the low kilometers on it but it still makes me feel like putting pedal to metal every time I drive it. My next mods on the vehicle will be to replace the stock VW alloys with something more snazzy however I have no intention of changing the rubber (as I do not want it to interfere with the ABS/ESP of the vehicle) though it’s a very good idea since the car would feel more stable while cornering at higher speeds and it would also help weigh down the power steering that feels pretty light at higher speeds. A body kit is in the pipeline as well (the smokin' hot performance of the GT does not go down well with its plain Jane looks) but that would be many months down the line.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 01:18   #69
BHPian

Do the opposite. Keep the rims OEM, change the tires to a 195 or a 205.. It will transform the car, and wont mess with the ABS/ESP. Actually it will help reduce stress on the ABS/ESP as the car now has better grip and ABS/ESP wont have to interrupt too much.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 00:25   #70
BHPian

2 months and only 3xx kms.. lol.. Mine's got 550 in a week!!
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 12:51   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Do the opposite. Keep the rims OEM, change the tires to a 195 or a 205..

2 months and only 3xx kms.. lol.. Mine's got 550 in a week!!
Thanks prithwi-81 i will try that. Yep you got that right. It's almost 3 months old now and all i've done is 448 kms. I'm a recluse and i don't go out much
Old 18th September 2013, 17:43   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks prithwi-81 i will try that. Yep you got that right. It's almost 3 months old now and all i've done is 448 kms. I'm a recluse and i don't go out much
So how much has the car done now? And how is the mileage? What is the max that the MID shows you in city traffic?
Old 18th September 2013, 18:29   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
So how much has the car done now? And how is the mileage? What is the max that the MID shows you in city traffic?
The GT is a little over 3 months old and it has a miniscule 476 km on the odometer. I don't really bother to check the mileage anymore (i did it on a couple of occasions when it was new) and to tell you the truth i haven't checked the MID either. The reason why i don't check the mileage is because i just fill in Rs 500 as fuel when the low fuel warning lamp comes on and by the time i re-fuel the vehicle again it might be after a month or a little more. Most of the fuel ends up evaporating so there's no point in checking.

Also when i drive the GT i go crazy behind the wheel. It just doesn't allow me to drive sedately. In fact the only time that the stereo in my car is turned on is at the traffic lights and once they turn green i prefer to listen to the soundtrack of the engine that is being revved in the S mode. With the sort of aggressive driving i am doing in the GT there is no need to even look at the fuel efficiency .
chase_nt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 18:20   #74
BHPian

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report

It's been quite a while since i've updated this thread but that's because there's not much to write about the GT that hasn't already been written. My GT is now 5 months old and it has only 533kms on the clock. I haven't experienced any niggles over the last 5 months of ownership but that's expected with so few kilometers that i have clocked. I have been able to try out the ESP by purposely pushing the GT hard around tight corners and I'm very impressed by it. Then again the mere presence of ESP on any car doesn't intend for you to drive it in such a way that it defies the laws of physics because every safety feature has its limits. Kudos to VW for having introduced this life saving feature on the GT TSI. I have a few new photos of my GT as well.

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-ariel-view.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-gt-logo-front.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-gt-logo-rear.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-gt-front.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-gt-rear.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-close-up-ariel-view.jpg

VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-odometer.jpg
chase_nt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 23:07   #75
BHPian

Quote:
It's been quite a while since i've updated this thread but that's because there's not much to write about the GT that hasn't already been written. My GT is now 5 months old and it has only 533kms on the clock.
Lol! I covered 1200km in 2 weeks. Now close to 2000 in less than a month. And I was traveling for a week in the middle!
Drive more!

Car looks great though
mango_pal is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks