Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 21:59   #286
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Update:

Changed the interior rear view mirror to a Gentex Auto-dimming one with compass. The quality is topnotch compared to the poor stock mirror. The premium feel inside the cabin has gone up even more.
Hi was looking for a good IRVM with auto dimming for long. How much does this cost and where did you procure from. Is it a simple DIY ? The one without compass will be cheaper right?
Old 8th October 2014, 22:23   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

Changed the interior rear view mirror to a Gentex Auto-dimming one with compass. The quality is topnotch compared to the poor stock mirror. The premium feel inside the cabin has gone up even more.

Mobile phone pictures:

Brilliant build quality with perfect performance. It is slightly bigger and reflects a wider perspective than the stock mirror. It uses a special electromagnetic gel sandwiched between two sheets of ultra-clear glass. When bright light hits the mirror's built-in sensors they send an electric current to the gel, causing it to dim. The amount of dim is proportional to how bright the glare of headlights behind is , making night driving safer.
Attachment 1296980

Attachment 1296981

The stock mirror is actually a TATA product.
Attachment 1296982

The GTi bixenons have been quite a boon this monsoon as the stock headlamps were quite inadequate especially during the rains.

Attachment 1296983
Hello Robi,

Can you kindly share the cost of the rear view mirror please. I am thinking of getting it for my Vento.

Many thanks

PS - Your car is really a standout.
honda_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 22:35   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi was looking for a good IRVM with auto dimming for long. How much does this cost and where did you procure from. Is it a simple DIY ? The one without compass will be cheaper right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dude View Post
Hello Robi,

Can you kindly share the cost of the rear view mirror please. I am thinking of getting it for my Vento.

Many thanks

PS - Your car is really a standout.

I picked it up from Vagtune.com, actually wanted the one without compass which is cheaper but it was not readily available. Installation was done by vagtune guys as I am not a DIY guy. It was pretty simple and hardly took 15 mins. Just have to be careful while removing the stock mirror lest you crack the windshield.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...VSY6M4S1TVPDZJ
robimahanta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 12:51   #289
BHPian

Hi Robi,

Have you had the auto-leveling sensors for the Xenon's fitted for your car?

Curious to know.
Old 9th December 2014, 01:05   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1255513

Took the road from haliyal to canacona via dandeli. Its a dream stretch. Sparse traffic, newly laid roads and perfect ghat ambience.
That's a great car right there man! And an excellent thread too!
Do try to get in touch when you are in Goa next!!

Cheers,
HR.
Old 9th December 2014, 11:58   #291
BHPian

Quote:

The brilliant 1.2 TSi engine. Having driven the 1.8TSi in the SKODA Laura, I know that TSi technology is really cutting edge especially when it comes to smoothness, midrange torque and fuel efficiency. It loves to rev and has a throaty growl in the higher revs. With the turbo kicking in from as low as 1400 rpm, triple digit speeds are reached in no time.

The shifts of the 7 speed DSG box are lightning quick and it responds brilliantly to throttle inputs. The regular D(Drive) mode is quite adequate for day to day driving and the gearbox doen’t hesitate to shift to D7 even at 60kmph. Open the throttle and you are soon in D4 with the car pulling away relentlessly.
The 1.2 TSI is so good, it actually powers the VW Golf here, which is a bigger and heavier car than the Polo, but it does it smoothly without any strain.

It really is that good. Of course, the 7S DSG helps a lot.

About its problems, there are none here, even though this is one of the most hot, humid and dusty places on earth (all at the same time, mind you). Maybe due to proper maintenance, or since German made cars have better quality, or hopefully because all previous issues have been resolved.
Old 27th December 2014, 20:09   #292
BHPian

Awesome mods. I own a white TSI done 12k kms so far and think have inadvertently spoilt my brakes. It judders under slight retardation once the discs have heated up. I really don't want to risk skimming the discs or replacing with OE (TVS brakes). What are my options? BTW I stay in Bangalore too (if it helps in getting the parts sourced and fitted.
Old 28th December 2014, 19:57   #293
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Awesome mods. I own a white TSI done 12k kms so far and think have inadvertently spoilt my brakes. It judders under slight retardation once the discs have heated up. I really don't want to risk skimming the discs or replacing with OE (TVS brakes). What are my options? BTW I stay in Bangalore too (if it helps in getting the parts sourced and fitted.
Brembo slotted rotors with brembo pads as a last resort.
Go to the service center, they might do something for free (only run 12k)
The juddering might be the ABS kicking in.
Old 28th December 2014, 20:27   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome mods. I own a white TSI done 12k kms so far and think have inadvertently spoilt my brakes.
If the brakes judder when you apply the brakes lightly without abs kicking in and you can feel the vibrations and judder on steering as well, then your discs are faulty. Faced the same issue on my Vento at 14k kms but VW rejected the claim as warranty on brakes is only till 10k kms.

I had got the discs skimmed outside and replaced with OE brake pads.

Since you have done 12k kms, do visit the service centre urgently, send a mail to VW and they may change the discs under goodwill warranty if you put some pressure.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 20:40   #295
BHPian

Warranty rejected stating it comes under wear and tear. Looks like I will have to replace the rotors.
Old 28th December 2014, 23:34   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I picked it up from Vagtune.com, actually wanted the one without compass which is cheaper but it was not readily available. Installation was done by vagtune guys as I am not a DIY guy. It was pretty simple and hardly took 15 mins. Just have to be careful while removing the stock mirror lest you crack the windshield.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...VSY6M4S1TVPDZJ
Does it have front and rear sensors for dimming?
Old 29th December 2014, 00:38   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Warranty rejected stating it comes under wear and tear. Looks like I will have to replace the rotors.
Get it skimmed, why replace ? Skimming it will hardly take half an hour, get that done along with new brake pads and you are good to go.

Also remember, after you have braked hard and are standing on the signal after that to pull the hand brake up and not keep the car standing with your brake pedal depressed. It leads to a phenomenon called 'itching'. The hot brake pad material gets transferred to the brake disc which overtime will lead to brake judder.

Last edited by humyum : 29th December 2014 at 00:39.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 00:24   #298
BHPian

That's one beauty you have there
I had a query regarding the audio in your car. One of my friend wants an upgrade in his polo. The RC 510 is obviously a consideration but i wanted to know can we directly connect it with the external speakers(after market ones)? He also wants to add a sub, so is there a support for RCA input ? Or shall we just go for an other Double Din available in the market ?
The RC 510 would certainly make the interior look even better buy the audio quality is the main concern here.
Old 13th February 2015, 02:28   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
That's one beauty you have there
I had a query regarding the audio in your car. One of my friend wants an upgrade in his polo. The RC 510 is obviously a consideration but i wanted to know can we directly connect it with the external speakers(after market ones)? He also wants to add a sub, so is there a support for RCA input ? Or shall we just go for an other Double Din available in the market ?
The RC 510 would certainly make the interior look even better buy the audio quality is the main concern here.
I have just connected the system to an amp and better quality speakers with a sub-woofer. This is what I have now and the sound quality is pretty decent.

RCD510 (Bosch)
Arc Audio XDi 804 4 channel amp
Diamond Audio D162.5 front components
Cerwin Vega HED104 10inch woofer
Cerwin Vega HED65 rear

There is no RCA in the 510.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 00:49   #300
BHPian

Quote:
I have just connected the system to an amp and better quality speakers with a sub-woofer. This is what I have now and the sound quality is pretty decent.

RCD510 (Bosch)
Arc Audio XDi 804 4 channel amp
Diamond Audio D162.5 front components
Cerwin Vega HED104 10inch woofer
Cerwin Vega HED65 rear

There is no RCA in the 510.
I had done the same thing in my cruze with amp connected with the oem head but still i wasn't very happy with the output. Earlier i had gone with aftermarket double din head and speakers in my chevrolet spark , that too without adding up an amp . But still i would say the sound in the spark without the amp was much better than in the cruze . Would you suggest the same ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks