Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 15:46   #1066
BHPian

Re: Phone charger for Amaze

The cigarette lighter is the standard 12V power source in a car for mobile chargers or any other 12V accessories.
I am amazed that amaze does not have it.
But I'm sure there must be provision to install an after market one. By provision I mean, a hole would be punched but covered with a tab that can be easily broken off. Maybe your dealer meant this and he is not actually going to drilling a hole. That is how it was in my Wagon R.
Old 28th May 2013, 16:02   #1067
Senior - BHPian

There must be some sort of provision for an aftermarket power outlet in your car. Look in front of the cup holders. Refer picture below.

In the picture there is a power outlet. In the same location in your car there must be a provision to add one.

Picture Source: Official Team-BHP Review thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-hondaamazesedan20.jpg  

Last edited by vikram_d : 28th May 2013 at 16:04.
vikram_d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 19:10   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinkenator View Post
Hello,

I recently bought a Honda Amaze E-MT Diesel variant. Stupidly, Honda did not provide an power socket to charge cellphones. More annoyingly, there was not a provision to get one from market and fit in. I contacted the dealer and, he was pretty much confident in drilling a hole in dashboard and using a cigar lighter (with the lighter removed) as an alternative.

Is this a safe approach ?
What about the power outlet below the dash (near the USB port)? You can use a car phone charger on that to charge your phone.
Old 28th May 2013, 19:30   #1069
BHPian

Hi,

I tried to hunt around the car the moment it was delivered, but was not able to find one. In fact there is no provision to add one !!! I can NEVER FORGIVE HONDA for this stupidity !

I will post some pics of the same.

Check this out. There is no provision to add an after market power outlet ! This is seriously very bad. And, when I rechecked with my dealer as what he meant by "hole", he said drilling a hole with Bosh Driller !!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_1174.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_1175.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 30th May 2013 at 18:49. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 28th May 2013, 22:50   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinkenator View Post
Check this out. There is no provision to add an after market power outlet ! This is seriously very bad. And, when I rechecked with my dealer as what he meant by "hole", he said drilling a hole with Bosh Driller !!
Its very strange. Typically lower models may not have extra accessories but will have provisions but Honda seems to be trying to teach a lesson for those who don't go for high end. I felt same about fog lamps missing on S. 13k for pair of fog lamps is robbery. They may justify the cost but they should be smarter in giving provision to save costs

Looks like they are spending more time on different trims with different type of components inside

Last edited by rajshenoy : 28th May 2013 at 22:51.
Old 29th May 2013, 09:34   #1071
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

I would say the best way to get a charging outlet is to plug an adapter with a USB power port in addition to a pass-through. There are many brands starting with Belkin at the high end.
Old 29th May 2013, 15:43   #1072
Senior - BHPian

That's really stupid on part of Honda.
First 13k for fog lmps. Are you kidding me?
Second no power outlet.
My manza has fog lamps for 4k. 2 power outlets, one in front and other in back. Looks like TATA is more consumer friendly when it comes to providing accessories.

Anyways, i couldn't find in brochure if S-MT model has power outlet or not. Can anyone kindly confirm this cos if it's not i will be really pissed.
Old 29th May 2013, 16:07   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Anyways, i couldn't find in brochure if S-MT model has power outlet or not. Can anyone kindly confirm this cos if it's not i will be really pissed.
Yes, my S MT (petrol) has the power outlet.
Old 29th May 2013, 16:16   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I agree. The power outlet is a very basic necessity these days. It is present in the 'S' variant and not there in the 'E' & 'EX' variants.

Source: http://www.hondacarindia.com/amaze/features.html
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 16:28   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Second no power outlet.
My manza has fog lamps for 4k. 2 power outlets, one in front and other in back. Looks like TATA is more consumer friendly when it comes to providing accessories.

I saw Power Outlet on S- AT on display. It could be totally different story on MT.

But I dont know them well yet. Honda might be having totally different production lines each for E, EX, S MT, S AT and V MT and V AT. No wonder they are unable to scale up capacity this year.

We must thank god that the E MT came with a slot for Audio system, else it would have been like drilling hole in center of Dash for it.
Old 29th May 2013, 16:32   #1076

Ok, I have decided to cancel my booking after being an ardent follower of the Amaze since it was first announced, and taking test drive on the day it was launched.

I had booked the S-MT carnelian pearl red IDTEC on 20th April. I was then told that there is 2-3 months waiting, and most likely within 2 months the delivery would happen. I got a shocker 2 days back when they told me that my expected delivery date is Aug-Sep!!! That is 4-5 months. The dealer insisted that the color I chose was high in demand, and if I compromise on the color, I can get it much earlier.

I decided to rethink and impulsively took a test drive on the skoda rapid, and with the discounts on offer, the ambition plus variant is quite a close contender to the top end of Amaze. It is a different segment, but it felt more vfm (driver side airbags, Skoda build, proven engine, bigger boot and refined design). The flip side is the Skoda quirks in after sales service, lower mileage and the need to stretch my budget.
Old 29th May 2013, 20:24   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunh View Post
Ok, I have decided to cancel my booking after being an ardent follower of the Amaze since it was first announced, and taking test drive on the day it was launched.

I had booked the S-MT carnelian pearl red IDTEC on 20th April. I was then told that there is 2-3 months waiting, and most likely within 2 months the delivery would happen. I got a shocker 2 days back when they told me that my expected delivery date is Aug-Sep!!! That is 4-5 months. The dealer insisted that the color I chose was high in demand, and if I compromise on the color, I can get it much earlier.

I decided to rethink and impulsively took a test drive on the skoda rapid, and with the discounts on offer, the ambition plus variant is quite a close contender to the top end of Amaze. It is a different segment, but it felt more vfm (driver side airbags, Skoda build, proven engine, bigger boot and refined design). The flip side is the Skoda quirks in after sales service, lower mileage and the need to stretch my budget.
You have made a good pick. Car of higher segment is indeed a good decision+ you dont need to wait any longer. If driven well, any modern car would be trouble free for 3-4 years and 60-70000 kms. Skoda rapid seem to have decent highway mileage so dont worry about that as well.

I have seen Many Skoda rapids on Bangalore roads. So people dont simply buy a car if it has bad service.

Having said that, I feel Amaze cannot have 4-5 months waiting. Last week Whitefield honda dealer was confident that 3-4 months and could be lesser because people have simply booked it because of full refund guarantee. Your choice of color seems to be the hot choice and this might be similar to seeing Red swifts that we once saw in 2005-2006.

Once EcoSport gets launched and hopefully Ford will price it sanely, Wait queue should get spread.
Old 29th May 2013, 22:54   #1078

Took delivery of Petrol Ex MT model today from Highway Honda, Bhubaneswar after only 28 days of booking .. thanks to the excellent support by the service personnel .. all the forum participants and GTO for the excellent review ... drove today 130kms to my home admist continuous rains and heavy traffic, must admit simply amazed !
Old 30th May 2013, 02:58   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I agree. The power outlet is a very basic necessity these days. It is present in the 'S' variant and not there in the 'E' & 'EX' variants.

Source: http://www.hondacarindia.com/amaze/features.html
Oh yeah. Don't know how i missed it while reading the list before.
Old 30th May 2013, 21:02   #1080
BANNED

Quote:
Second no power outlet.

+1 to that. I fitted fog lamps on my ARIA Pure for 3500/- inclusive of fitting at the dealer workshop (Autolinks, Delhi). TATA definitely is value for money.

Moral of the story : Honda Amaze or Toyota Etios, you cut features, introduce cheap material and strip the product bare to reduce costs : READ "You get lesser when you pay lesser for these BIG brands", their profit margins remains unscathed.

But our junta cannot see these facts staring at them in the face - cause the brand shine is probably brighter, enough to blind, I guess ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks