Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 22:09   #2506
BHPian

Did the pioneer 6 inch fronts with plastic rings require any cutting/mods to the door plastic or was it a direct fit ?
Old 6th January 2016, 22:20   #2507
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Did the pioneer 6 inch fronts with plastic rings require any cutting/mods to the door plastic or was it a direct fit ?
No cutting or mods required - but as I said, this was a thinner plastic sort of space ring, not the usual thick wooden ring.

The usual thing you have to be careful about when fitting oversized speakers is that try to lower the window on the side you fit the speaker. And at the back try to open and close the boot. There is a rod that closes the boot - and that'd hit the speaker if oversized.

If it hits the speaker cone or magnet and doesn't lower fully, then you know for sure it will not fit.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 11:21   #2508
BHPian

I will complete 1 year of my car -Amaze Petrol this week. So far the running is only 5100 km. Should I do the 4th paid service now or do a few more kms before getting the service done? Does not doing service at the set monthly intervals affect the warranty or anything else?
Old 9th January 2016, 17:31   #2509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatiS View Post
I will complete 1 year of my car -Amaze Petrol this week. So far the running is only 5100 km. Should I do the 4th paid service now or do a few more kms before getting the service done? Does not doing service at the set monthly intervals affect the warranty or anything else?
Your dealer will call and remind you - and the paid service does fall due so please get it done. Not strictly necessary but you don't want them to claim that you haven't serviced the car properly and hence it failed, if you ever need to make a warranty claim against them later.
Old 15th January 2016, 16:26   #2510
Senior - BHPian

I just had my tyres rotated today and noticed some interesting amounts of rust on the wheel hub. I thought Honda claimed underbody coatings were not necessary due to some special treatment (phosphate?) their steel got?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image.jpeg  

Old 15th January 2016, 17:26   #2511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I just had my tyres rotated today and noticed some interesting amounts of rust on the wheel hub. I thought Honda claimed underbody coatings were not necessary due to some special treatment (phosphate?) their steel got?
Underbody coating will not cover brake drum.

Do not worry, rust on this part is normal. Most cars will have this. I have seen only few car models having the brake drum painted. Otherwise, it will be like this for all parts.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 19:34   #2512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Underbody coating will not cover brake drum.

Do not worry, rust on this part is normal. Most cars will have this. I have seen only few car models having the brake drum painted. Otherwise, it will be like this for all parts.
Yup, aware of that. It is just that the SA told me underbody coating was not necessary as all the steel in Honda cars was phosphated. From what I can google up, looks like this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosph...ersion_coating
Old 18th January 2016, 11:44   #2513
BHPian

I'm really really hoping that Honda would overhaul the design of their dashboard. It's looks absolutely pathetic and I'm sure that that's the general consensus. I won't be surprised if Honda lost customers because of this.

If Honda were to at least bring in a dash that was a little Jazz/City like, I'm sure it would reinvigorate sales. Brio, Amaze and Mobilio sales have all been dropping. A mid cycle refresh for these cars is much due!

I'd seriously consider an Amaze with a refreshed dash for my next car.
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 13:52   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
I'm really really hoping that Honda would overhaul the design of their dashboard. It's looks absolutely pathetic and I'm sure that that's the general consensus. I won't be surprised if Honda lost customers because of this.

If Honda were to at least bring in a dash that was a little Jazz/City like, I'm sure it would reinvigorate sales. Brio, Amaze and Mobilio sales have all been dropping. A mid cycle refresh for these cars is much due!

I'd seriously consider an Amaze with a refreshed dash for my next car.
What I believe is that the 4m sedan segment itself is taking a beating due to the premium hatch backs which offer everything and much beyond. for example, the Jazz Diesel is any day a better buy than an Amaze. And the pricing differential is negligible as well. Same is the case with i20 vs Xcent. The fantastic Figo Aspire added to Amaze's woes. The only exception being Maruti Dzire. A Maruti just need to have a non-offending looks ( exterior and interior ) and it will sell regardless of how many negatives it has ( unlike other brands ).
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:21   #2515
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The oldest design was terrible.

The current design doesnt have dual brown theme in the center. Its all black and dials are blue instead of orange.

The 3rd optional is available in the top most VXBL version only (brio).

I find 2nd and 3rd acceptable. Its not that bad though. I think most Amaze/Brio owners enjoy the car more than the dashboard so it doesnt really matter, but yes eventually may need to keep up with the market.

One can replace the glove box panel from the dealer to make it all black though!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-1br.png  

Last edited by aerohit : 18th January 2016 at 14:26.
aerohit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:51   #2516
BHPian

@amalji: You're totally right. The mini sedan segment is really taking a hit from the premium compacts but I think there are still people with functionality in mind still going for these sedans.

@aerohit: Dear lord that brown on the dashboard is terrible; how can someone even think of a colour like that? Reminds me on something you see in the toilet! I'm glad that it's become black now. I was hoping they would revamp the HVAC knobs.
Old 19th January 2016, 15:06   #2517
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
@amalji: You're totally right. The mini sedan segment is really taking a hit from the premium compacts but I think there are still people with functionality in mind still going for these sedans.

@aerohit: Dear lord that brown on the dashboard is terrible; how can someone even think of a colour like that? Reminds me on something you see in the toilet! I'm glad that it's become black now. I was hoping they would revamp the HVAC knobs.
Honda has updated the dashboard of Mobilio in Indonesia. Since the dashboard of Brio/Amaze are also same it should be a direct fit. Not sure if it will come to India!

aerohit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 19:22   #2518
BHPian

That's great great news! Obviously we can expect to see that on the India Mobilio. Ditto for the the brio and amaze.

This new Honda dash design is quite classy IMHO. They've brought in the physical touch buttons for the HVAC controls rather than the touch sensitive ones seen on the Jazz and City. Been hearing lots of complaints about these from owners especially because they can't be operated without taking eyes off the road.
Old 2nd February 2016, 08:35   #2519
BHPian

Hi guys, On a similar note, is there any news of Amaze getting a facelift + new interiors in the Delhi auto expo? I've been seeing random news articles but not one seems 100% confident.
Old 6th February 2016, 11:32   #2520
BHPian

Hi All,

I have bought Honda Amaze diesel SMT couple of months back from Balaji Honda (Vellore, Tamil Nadu). Since three weeks, I noticed that steering wheel has turned really hard. So hard that it's causing pain in my arm. I reported this to the showroom where I bought it from but the response is very lukewarm. They agreed that the steering wheel is very hard but they wouldn't be able to do anything as this is not a mass complaint. They can't feedback to Honda if there is complaint for just one vehicle. I found this argument very senseless and I would like to escalate this matter to Honda. Can any of you please advise me how to take this forward?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks