Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2015, 10:09   #2416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourBug1974 View Post
2. AC on/off switch heating up: The AC On/Off switch is getting very hot to the touch. So much so, it is almost like I am suspecting an electric loose-connection resulting in a spark-heating inside the switchgear. After about 10 minutes of running, if I need to roll down the window and wanna switch off the AC, the shockingly hot switch gives me a jolt - its probably almost 65-70 deg C. When the AC is switched off, the switch is not heating up. Anybody else having the same observation?
The AC switch does heat up a bit, and has been reported not just by Amaze owners but other Honda vehicle owners as well. But definitely not to the extent you mentioned. I would say it gets warm to touch. So your observation about loose connection may be correct.
Old 27th February 2015, 21:36   #2417
BHPian

Had bad noises from rear since long... Only on rough roads.Got it checked, dealer sent some voice r cording to Honda, thank god its diagnosed as relating to H beam. Going to get it replaced once the spare arrives
Can anybody tell me how much is the price and the actual role of H beam

Want to know whether changing it makes any difference even though it's under warranty

Also guys, any one faced sounds or shake of driver seat
My seat gives me a double jump when car falls into pits on roads
Even for that dealer wants to record the sound and send to Honda
For that I have to keep my vehicle again after H beam replacement

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th February 2015 at 22:58. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE(+) functions within 30 minutes of posting.
Old 28th February 2015, 09:16   #2418
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense2k6 View Post
Had bad noises from rear since long... Only on rough roads.Got it checked, dealer sent some voice r cording to Honda, thank god its diagnosed as relating to H beam. Going to get it replaced once the spare arrives
Can anybody tell me how much is the price and the actual role of H beam

Want to know whether changing it makes any difference even though it's under warranty
Do you mean the actual H beam itself is damaged, or some part connected to the H beam? H beam is not something that can get damaged that easily.

Anyways yes- you should try to get it replaced under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image.jpg  

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 11:32   #2419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Do you mean the actual H beam itself is damaged, or some part connected to the H beam? H beam is not something that can get damaged that easily.

Ertiga, Dzire and Swift had this issue with "kat kat" noise coming from rear when passing speedbreakers and potholes and MSIL recalled few batches and replaced this.

When I enquired with the ASC upon seeing this beam getting replaced on one of the bays, the mechanic said the fault was with "welding" that caused this noise.

The part costed some 13xxx. So I believe Honda Amaze's should be a bit on the higher side but like you say, Honda must cover this under warranty anyway (if it cant recall sensing it to be a one off case).

And I agree on the overall strength of the H Beam. Its super heavy and isn't one of those parts that can easily get damaged as almost the entire rear weight of the car, including passengers is supported by this.
Old 28th February 2015, 21:55   #2420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
The AC switch does heat up a bit, and has been reported not just by Amaze owners but other Honda vehicle owners as well. But definitely not to the extent you mentioned. I would say it gets warm to touch. So your observation about loose connection may be correct.
Could this be because of the heat emitted by the led that glows in the switch? Certain LEDs emit bit of heat.
Old 1st March 2015, 01:40   #2421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also guys, any one faced sounds or shake of driver seat

My seat gives me a double jump when car falls into pits on roads

Even for that dealer wants to record the sound and send to Honda

For that I have to keep my vehicle again after H beam replacement

Check one of my earlier posts. The seat rail on my car broke off at22K kms on the RHS due to which my seat also used to shake similar to what you have described here. The dealer TD car also had a similar problem at around the same kind of usage(22-25K kms )

Got it replaces under warranty
Old 1st March 2015, 07:21   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Agree. My 2012 Honda City V MT's AC switch also gets warm to touch when in use. I think this topic has been discussed in other forums too. They all say that their respective Honda City car AC switch gets warm, when in use.
Old 1st March 2015, 12:03   #2423
BHPian

Quote:

They said its H beam
They have ordered H beam
Hope that it makes some difference in driving
Old 1st March 2015, 12:32   #2424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Check one of my earlier posts. The seat rail on my car broke off at22K kms on the RHS due to which my seat also used to shake similar to what you have described here. The dealer TD car also had a similar problem at around the same kind of usage(22-25K kms )

Got it replaces under warranty

They had test driven
No issues with bolts
So they are not commenting or even trying to even check what's under the seat
Dealer said it requires voice recording and has to be diagnosed by Honda
So I am waiting for the H beam to be replaced so that I can send the voice recordings
Old 1st March 2015, 20:02   #2425
BHPian

Hi All,

This is in continuation with my earlier post :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3639197

This was fixed during the service by the Honda guys (Atleast that what they said) 15 days back. But today, this problem has occurred again. Again the fender has gone in in exactly the same place. What should I do?
I am planning to take it to the service center tomorrow. Any advice here about how this should be handled?

This is frustrating me since this is happening repeatedly. And I have to spend so much time and effort running behind this leaving my other stuff
Old 8th March 2015, 18:12   #2426
BHPian

Got my H beam replaced under warranty
Thanks to honda this time
Dramatic reduction in rear noises on bad roads
Old 9th March 2015, 00:59   #2427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got my H beam replaced under warranty

Thanks to honda this time

Dramatic reduction in rear noises on bad roads

Have they diagnosed the noises from the seat railings?

Please get that done early as well, as warranty claims regarding seats usually need approval from agents sent by the external vendor (who provides the seats to Honda). Hence the actual warranty claim and replacements might get delayed post fault diagnosis.
Old 9th March 2015, 22:33   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Have they diagnosed the noises from the seat railings?

Please get that done early as well, as warranty claims regarding seats usually need approval from agents sent by the external vendor (who provides the seats to Honda). Hence the actual warranty claim and replacements might get delayed post fault diagnosis.

Seat noise got fixed by the dealer itself
Last time they said nothing to check or fix, honda diagnostics will only help

But now they have tightened some nut and I couldn't feel the jump this time
Didn't get time to check what fix they have actually given
Old 7th April 2015, 11:54   #2429
Senior - BHPian

Friends couple of question about Amaze AC

1. Does Amaza has in-cabin filter for AC ?
2. Is the cooling coil easily accessible or dashboard needs to be removed ?

AC gives foul smell at the start , tried putting it to fresh air mode and turned the setting to hot in order to kill any mould formed on the cooling coil but nothing worked.
Old 19th April 2015, 13:11   #2430
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to buy a petrol compact sedan in a few weeks. I had a looked at Dzire but it is ruled out by family because of lack of back seat space and tiny boot. I am considering Amaze petrol. The SX variant is 7.27L Delhi with ABS & dual air bags. But I find it much overprice in comparison to Hyundai Xcent. For such a price Honda, isn't even offering Fog Lamps or rear parking sensors!!! Even Alloys are missing! It is certainly not value for money. One thing that certainly goes in favour of Amaze is back seat comfort and space.

Also, I test drove Xcent sometime back and found its brakes too grabby. The car grinds to half even on putting miniscule pressure on pedal. Not comfortable for passengers. It is not the kind of vehicle that you feel right at home ... takes getting used to it. Otherwise for the price it seems to be a nice car (SO petrol variant). Fairly decently loaded with features. I read in some place that although Xcent petrol is a bit down on power on Honda Amaze petrol, it is more drivable. Would be great to know more.

I have been hearing that Ford Aspire is to be launched by May-June period. My interest is again in petrol model but I read at few places that petrol engine might be around 77bhp or so. Given the weight of the car (expected to be around 1000Kg+) this will only result in subdued performance. Could anyone please shed some light on this?

Requesting Honda Amaze petrol owners for their opinion if car is really worth the premium that Honda demands! Please share you view on efficiency, maintenance, performance, OEM Stereo system & overall ownership experience. Will help in making up my mind.

Thanks!

Last edited by ms_rana : 19th April 2015 at 13:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks