Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2014, 10:33   #2191
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
When I started the car in the morning, the fuel indicator showed 1 line and the fuel light was on. I drove for almost 45 kms before stopping at a mall. When I started the car again, there was no line on the indicator. The car still had enough fuel to drive for another 15kms before I filled petrol. Around 32 ltrs got filled in before auto cut. Is this no line normal behaviour? I hope it's not.
In my opinion there is nothing wrong. The reserve indicator gets ON when there is 5ltrs of fuel in the tank. After the light was on,you drove 60kms which is possible. The stated capacity of Amaze's fuel tank is 35ltrs.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 09:43   #2192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
In my opinion there is nothing wrong. The reserve indicator gets ON when there is 5ltrs of fuel in the tank. After the light was on,you drove 60kms which is possible. The stated capacity of Amaze's fuel tank is 35ltrs.
The concern is there was no bar (line) on the fuel display for the last 15 kms.
Old 5th May 2014, 09:48   #2193
BHPian

Can not comment on that as I have never come across such a situation. By the way any specific reason you allowed to empty the fuel tank to that level?
Old 6th May 2014, 10:38   #2194
BHPian

Honda Amaze Brake issue recall .
Dear Customer,

We at Honda would like to thank you for your association with Honda products and hope you are enjoying your ownership experience.

Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) is carrying out inspection of Proportioning Valve of 15,623 units of non-ABS variants of Brio and 15,603 units of non-ABS variants of Petrol Amaze manufactured from 28 February 2013 to 16 January 2014.

There is possibility that in some of these cars there is mis-assembly of Proportioning Valve. However no complaint related to this part has been reported. HCIL will voluntarily replace the Proportioning Valve after inspection, if required. The inspection and replacement would be carried out free of cost at HCIL dealerships across India, and the owners will be contacted individually in a phased manner.

Proportioning Valve is the part of Brake system which adjusts brake distribution pressure to the wheels. Proportioning valve is not a part of braking system for ABS variants & therefore the ABS variants of Brio & Petrol Amaze and all variants of Diesel Amaze do not require any inspection.
anky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 18:44   #2195

Any clue how Honda India is going to carry out the inspection of 30K vehicles (Amaze and Brio). Looking at this link (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing) . . there seems to be some confusion. It is sad to know that dealers are not responding. .
__________________________________________________ ____
Pasting the content from the link
Dear Honda Team,

I am a proud owner of Honda Amaze. It was not a great morning as I read Honda Cars India’s press release that they are carrying out an inspection on Amaze and Brio. Your team was extremely careful in communicating the flaw in the product. Also, with help of your website, I came to know that my car needs to be verified (reference number - PUD12725 ) at one of the Honda service station.

Hence, I approached two Honda Dealers in Mumbai - Honda Apex (Kurla) and Honda Solitaire (Borivali). Neither of the service station were ready to take my car as they said they have not received necessary replacement parts from Honda Cars India. I was totally blank after this response from dealers . . it seems there existed no communication between dealers and manufacturer before today’s release.

In order to avoid confusion I tried reaching customer care number 011 3989 8918 OR 1800 113 121. Have been trying since morning but no one picked the call. Don’t know the reason why .

Whom do we approach to resolve our query as dealers are directing customers to Honda Cars India and Honda’s customer care numbers are not responding. How is this issue going to be rectified.
- When will Honda Cars India supply necessary parts to dealers / service provider
- When can one expect a call from either Honda Cars India or a Honda Dealer
- Who will be my service provider (dealer from whom i purchased car / closest service station)
- In how many days will this issue be resolved

Expecting a positive response from your team so that I can say Honda is not only good in providing a great product but is exceptionally good in providing services.

--
Kind Regards,
Sidharth Mehta
Old 8th May 2014, 21:17   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumilm View Post
In order to avoid confusion I tried reaching customer care number 011 3989 8918 OR 1800 113 121. Have been trying since morning but no one picked the call. Don’t know the reason why .

Whom do we approach to resolve our query as dealers are directing customers to Honda Cars India and Honda’s customer care numbers are not responding. How is this issue going to be rectified.
Such apathy from Honda is just shocking . Also does it mean that the quality of Honda cars and their custoner relations are both taking a dive into the deep dark abyss? Already people have started complaining about the decline in the build quality of the 2014 City, and now this dismal show. Wake up Honda before it is too late!
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 21:22   #2197
Senior - BHPian

Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Any clue how Honda India is going to carry out the inspection of 30K vehicles (Amaze and Brio). Looking at this link (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing) . . there seems to be some confusion. It is sad to know that dealers are not responding. .

Pasting the content from the link

Dear Honda Team,

I am a proud owner of Honda Amaze. It was not a great morning as I read Honda Cars India’s press release that they are carrying out an inspection on Amaze and Brio. Your team was extremely careful in communicating the flaw in the product. Also, with help of your website, I came to know that my car needs to be verified (reference number - PUD12725 ) at one of the Honda service station.

Hence, I approached two Honda Dealers in Mumbai - Honda Apex (Kurla) and Honda Solitaire (Borivali). Neither of the service station were ready to take my car as they said they have not received necessary replacement parts from Honda Cars India. I was totally blank after this response from dealers . . it seems there existed no communication between dealers and manufacturer before today’s release.

- When will Honda Cars India supply necessary parts to dealers / service provider

- When can one expect a call from either Honda Cars India or a Honda Dealer

- Who will be my service provider (dealer from whom i purchased car / closest service station)

- In how many days will this issue be resolved

Expecting a positive response from your team so that I can say Honda is not only good in providing a great product but is exceptionally good in providing services.

--

Kind Regards,

Sidharth Mehta

Mail to this email id

Customer_relations@hondacarindia.com

They do respond in around 2 days max

About how would they do this exercise , dealers would get in touch with you and fix an appointment

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos

Last edited by speedsatya : 8th May 2014 at 21:24.
Old 9th May 2014, 00:04   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Such apathy from Honda is just shocking . Also does it mean that the quality of Honda cars and their custoner relations are both taking a dive into the deep dark abyss? Already people have started complaining about the decline in the build quality of the 2014 City, and now this dismal show. Wake up Honda before it is too late!
I just called my friendly, trustworthy SA at my dealer's. He said that Honda is recalling and replacing the valves in question as a precautionary measure. As of now, they have been given the broad directions from Honda and are determining the customers to be contacted. So let's be a little patient here and not overreact. Personally, I am more than happy with my car's brakes and don't think there's any issue with them.

Last edited by Top-Gear : 9th May 2014 at 00:05.
Old 9th May 2014, 18:25   #2199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Not quite agree. Even CD has compressed digital sound if you compare with analog sound as we (rather I, I am sure many in this forum don't belong to the "we") used to hear in let's say in Long Playing records or spool tapes. That's a fact.

Some argue that the sound in films belonging to pre-digital era were livelier than the digital sound being produced today by Dolby of DTS. They claim that the sound is "synthetic", while previously sound used to be "pure". That, I believe is mindset.

Yes, codecs are important. But what is more important is how you interpret the codecs. A proper music system, which can interpret the codecs is more important than the codecs themselves. A Ravi Shankar Sitar played in a tinny music system will never seem nice compared to a proper system. The same music, played differently will sound different.

A good system properly capable of interpreting MP3 will not make any difference even if Amaze doesn't have a CD player/changer/whatever.

For any theoretical comparison, please refer to this: http://www.keithstead.com/and_more/cd_vs_mp3.html
I would rather suggest to take a FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) spectrum of a wave file extracted from a CD directly and the wave file decoded from the MP3 after encoding from the same track CD and see the masking effect. The psychoacoustic model of the MP3 encoder has a huge limitation. Eliminated frequencies during encoding cannot be brought back during decoding. The algorithms in MP3 cannot compensate for the lost frequencies. There are some audiophiles who are able to differentiate this. MP3 Encoding above 192kbps is good, but what is eliminated during the encoding is lost forever. All these are on the statistical analysis of results performed in a laboratory environment.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 9th May 2014 at 18:27.
Old 9th May 2014, 19:40   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
I think that should not be a concern. Honda is actually paving the way for the future. It is high time the CD players should be gone from the ICE. I personally feel them as a baggage. Just my 2 cents
This is like Apple removing the CD drive altogether or more like floppy drive being slowly phased out earlier!
I believe it is a cost cutting measure done for the AHU. CD mechanism costs somewhere around Rs 400 to 800 depending on the manufacturer and the quality. For audiophiles who want to trim the audio to their tastes, need some RCAs and the only option left is changing the Head Unit to some aftermarket. Now, Alpine have released models without mechanism.
Old 10th May 2014, 00:23   #2201
BHPian

Hi friends,
Have anyone given your non ABS amaze to the dealer to get it checked upon? Is there any difference in the handling of the car after servicing?
Old 12th May 2014, 14:05   #2202

Quote:

--
Kind Regards,
Sidharth Mehta
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Hi friends,
Have anyone given your non ABS amaze to the dealer to get it checked upon? Is there any difference in the handling of the car after servicing?
I believe your query is in context of proportioning valve. If that is the case than, I did not see any major difference after my non ABS Amaze was serviced. It is primarily because the proportioning valve was not replaced. According to Honda service station manager my car's proportioning valve was absolutely perfect.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th May 2014 at 16:22. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 13th May 2014, 23:27   #2203
Senior - BHPian

Off late the driver seat makes a creaking sound whenever the car goes over uneven road surfaces. The dealership says this is a problem with all cars and that they have heard this sound on a few other cars as well. And that there is no way that they can repair this sound coming from the springs !

Anyone else facing the same issue? BTW the car has done 18K kms in 1 year

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 14th May 2014, 08:41   #2204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Off late the driver seat makes a creaking sound whenever the car goes over uneven road surfaces. The dealership says this is a problem with all cars and that they have heard this sound on a few other cars as well. And that there is no way that they can repair this sound coming from the springs !

Anyone else facing the same issue? BTW the car has done 18K kms in 1 year

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Hey Satya, I'm facing the same problem as you. My car is 10k kms old. However, the creaking sound comes and goes. But if I try to make that sound by wiggling the driver seat when the car is stationary, I can't.
Old 18th May 2014, 16:31   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
I believe your query is in context of proportioning valve. If that is the case than, I did not see any major difference after my non ABS Amaze was serviced. It is primarily because the proportioning valve was not replaced. According to Honda service station manager my car's proportioning valve was absolutely perfect.
The issue is of the proportioning valve. I have to get my car checked at Honda tomorrow. They mentioned if the issue is not there it will take them about 90 mins to just do the checking bit. If the part needs to be replaced free of cost it may take upto 3 hours.

Will update my experience tomorrow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks