Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2014, 16:09   #2176
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I did not inspect the brake pad physically as I had to be in Office, but I had strong feeling that it must have worn out.

I just got confirmation from the service adviser that the pads will be replaced 'free of cost' This is after blasting him twice on the phone. At least they have acknowledged that it is premature wear and are replacing under warranty.

I only hope that the 'new' brake pads will not run into same problem again.
Glad to note.Please check and ensure the disc too is in good condition.A damaged disc can eat away the pads prematurely.
Old 17th April 2014, 07:55   #2177
BHPian

Hey all,
Need your advice. I had purchased a Honda Amaze from Arya Honda Bhandup, Mumbai on December 2013. Now it is April and I haven't yet received my RC book. The dealer says that it's stuck at RTO's end and they are trying for it. Is it normal as they are saying quite a lot of customers are yet to receive the same? What can I do to speed up the process or ensure that the guy is not lying.
Old 17th April 2014, 10:06   #2178
BHPian

I had recieved my rc book within 30 days by arya honda ballard pier mumbai back in july / aug 13 . It normally should not take so long .
Old 22nd April 2014, 17:37   #2179
BHPian

The Anniversary edition is nothing but to clear the inventory for their accessories department. Really sad to see Honda do it in such a half wit fashion.
Old 26th April 2014, 13:42   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
I seriously hope Honda does something for the NVH levels and take care of the initial rattling issues (around the A pillar area) in the 2014 model. With two new models lined up for launch in this segment (Zest and Xcent), Honda should seriously consider improving the NVH levels as this could be potentially deal breaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I do agree in the diesel there is no turbo lag but the engine is no fun to drive becuase of its excessive noise.
People have been reporting lower NVH levels in the batches of Amaze released in 2014. My SIL is planning on acquiring IDTEC Amaze shortly. So he needs to know if the NVH levels have really come down. Can anybody here help with this information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Noise sometimes creates problems but high volume ICE covers it for me.
A good solution skyfire2892
Old 26th April 2014, 18:32   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
People have been reporting lower NVH levels in the batches of Amaze released in 2014. My SIL is planning on acquiring IDTEC Amaze shortly. So he needs to know if the NVH levels have really come down. Can anybody here help with this information?
The 2014 model comes with updated interior color and NVH improvement. Though i wouldn't count much on NVH front. Even in City the noise comes in cabin. I am assuming they may have beefed up insulation materials at doors and bonnet.
Old 26th April 2014, 18:47   #2182
BHPian

Hi skyfire2892
Thank you for the info. Just as I thought, the marginal improvement of the NVH level could just be a psychological offshoot of the overall interior editing.
Are there any effective aftermarket sound dampening methods that have been carried out in the Amaze by anyone?
Old 28th April 2014, 11:35   #2183
BHPian

Pumping out air bubbles out of fuel pipe

Hi All,

Yesterday, I had quite an experience with my Amaze i-DTEC. It was almost 10:45 PM. I was driving the car with near empty fuel tank. Reached a fuel station and refilled diesel, but the car didn't start. Initially I thought there was something wrong with the diesel that I filled up, but a few phone calls to car savvy friends confirmed that it's because of air bubbles in the fuel line.

Problem:
In diesel cars, when fuel tank runs empty, air gets sucked into the fuel pipe which eventually blocks flow of diesel to the engine. This is a common problem in all diesel vehicles, not specific to Amaze.

Solution:
I called up Honda 24x7 Roadside Assist. The customer care executive connected me to a mechanic, who gave me instructions on phone on how to solve this. Honda has really made life simpler by providing a hand pump to pump-out air from the fuel line. The hardest part for me was to locate the pump in the dark, with my mobile screen as the only source of light. Once the pump was located, I just pumped the air out and vroom, the car roared to life. Forgive me if this info is already there in the owner's manual.

Procedure to locate the hand-pump and operating it
1. Switch off the ignition and remove the key.
2. Open the bonnet lid, stand in front of the battery compartment. (Engine should be on your LHS)
3. In the same line as the battery, towards the farthest end of the engine compartment, you should see a pipe. (Mine was black colored). This should be the last component in the engine compartment before you hit the metal chassis.

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-enginecompartment.jpg

4. Insert 4 fingers behind this pipe and hold the pipe with your fist. (Like how you hold the accelerator of a bike)
5. Squeeze the pipe gently but firmly for about 10 times.

That's it. One thing I liked about the mechanic - he was very polite and did not give up on me until the pump was located and I started the engine. Remember, this is only for Amaze diesel and may not be true for new diesel Honda City.

Last edited by amazer2013 : 28th April 2014 at 11:37.
amazer2013 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 23:14   #2184
BHPian

@Amazer, your experience reminded me of the olden days when I used to own a Premier Padmini D. There was a visible handpump, located near the engine, which looked more like a piston pichkari. And plenty of times I had to use that, even when the tank was NOT near-empty.
My those initial days of diesel-driving had made me cautious. Even now, I never keep the tank less than half-full. I had shifted to diesel again less than two years ago. However, I never checked whether my engine bay (Liva) has a hand-pump or not. I got curious after reading your post, checked with the manual, which doesn't say anything.
Actually, I thought CRDI engines do not have this air-bubble problem any more and pumps are not needed. Am I wrong? Or does Amaze have a different system?
Can the techies elucidate on this?

Last edited by subratasenn : 28th April 2014 at 23:16.
Old 29th April 2014, 00:05   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Well all Common rail engines have this fuel priming pump.

Be careful diesel actually acts as lubricant for fuel pump so if the fuel pump runs dry it can get damaged as well.

High pressure fuel pump for CR engine is an expensive part and seeing its honda it will be uber expensive.

Allways fill up once tank reaches half mark this way rust in tank can also be prevented. I don't know if tank in amaze is fiber or metal.
Old 29th April 2014, 14:24   #2186
BHPian

Hi,

I get a ringing sound from amaze diesel engine around 2000 RPM. Has anyone noticed that or is it specific to my car.
Old 29th April 2014, 17:04   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Hi,

I get a ringing sound from amaze diesel engine around 2000 RPM. Has anyone noticed that or is it specific to my car.
There is a similar discussion in the Honda City forum. Quite likely the same issue.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3420990
Old 30th April 2014, 07:11   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
My car (a vtec) was delivered in late january 2014. I have not had any issues with vibrations or rattling noises so far. I did however have a "clang" noise from the front suspension whenever there was a sharp turn along with a hump or a pothole which caused the front tyres to go over it separately . It was fixed during the second service recently . Only time will tell if it has been fixed properly .
Old 30th April 2014, 08:42   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
My car (a vtec) was delivered in late january 2014. I have not had any issues with vibrations or rattling noises so far.
hsejars, thanks for the response. I think the NVH problem was more evident in the iDtec cars. It has more to do with the Aluminium diesel mill and the engine mount.
Old 3rd May 2014, 23:50   #2190
BHPian

When I started the car in the morning, the fuel indicator showed 1 line and the fuel light was on. I drove for almost 45 kms before stopping at a mall. When I started the car again, there was no line on the indicator. The car still had enough fuel to drive for another 15kms before I filled petrol. Around 32 ltrs got filled in before auto cut. Is this no line normal behaviour? I hope it's not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks