Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2014, 21:37   #2071
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
I had a long test drive and interaction with the service advisor today. He said, Shifting from 2nd to 1st gear, car speed should be less than 10 KM. He did that and gear changed perfectly.

I am not sure of this but once you depress the clutch it should slot in any gear without problem. I didn't have such problem with other brands car that I have driven.

Is this technician correct? Do I need to change the way I drive
I drive a Jazz and also have this specific issue. If you keep the vehicle parked - and try slotting into gear- you can see that it goes into all gears effortlessly.
However once in motion - slotting into 2nd and 1st is a bit of an issue.
For 1st gear - a low speed + pressing the brake pedal while doing the shift works. Few other Jazz owners have also had the same experience - but dont know if i can generalize that to that of all Honda cars.
vigneshA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 12:40   #2072
BHPian

Friends, finally took delivery of my Amaze 2 days back.

So far, am enjoying every moment behind the wheel, though I have to be careful in traffic. Suddenly the bikes and rickshaws seem so threatening when they come close!!

The engine is refined and fun to drive. Can't wait to take it out on the open road. It's wonderful how much space has been created for passengers and luggage. Planning to get a few basic accessories right now and gradually install the rest in phases.
tiger_stripes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 13:26   #2073
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Congrats! How much did the final OTR come to? I bet no discounts as it is a fast selling car.
My family is about to book Amaze diesel as well.

Does anybody have the final on-road Mumbai prices for the Amaze?
Old 7th February 2014, 13:32   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post

So far, am enjoying every moment behind the wheel, though I have to be careful in traffic. Suddenly the bikes and rickshaws seem so threatening when they come close!!

The engine is refined and fun to drive. Can't wait to take it out on the open road. It's wonderful how much space has been created for passengers and luggage. Planning to get a few basic accessories right now and gradually install the rest in phases.
Congrats on your new ride! Please post a few pics. I took delivery of mine on 31st Jan. I will be posting a few pictures once I fit the alloys, which have come yesterday.
Wishing you happy and safe motoring!
Old 8th February 2014, 13:01   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Does anybody have the final on-road Mumbai prices for the Amaze?
Thanks PPS! I have attached the Mumbai price list I got from Linkway. Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Congrats on your new ride! Please post a few pics.
Thanks jgsolo27! Attached is a pic taken just after delivery. Will post more photos later.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-pricelist.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-car-pic.jpg  

tiger_stripes is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 22:41   #2076
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Need some quick advise on tyres for Honda Amaze SX MT variant. I did a PDI check of the car yesterday and noticed that the car was loaded with JK Tyres 175/65 R14 82T manufactured in Jan-14 instead of the usual OEM MRF ZVTS of same size. I want to know if JK tyres are equally not recommended as the MRFs?

I read a couple of threads on Team BHP mentioning about not so good quality with JK Vectra tyres or in general JK tyres.

Would it be advisable to straight away go for the Michelins? Odo reading was 12 kms during PDI.

Tx.
Old 9th February 2014, 14:39   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
Hi Folks,

Need some quick advise on tyres for Honda Amaze SX MT variant. I did a PDI check of the car yesterday and noticed that the car was loaded with JK Tyres 175/65 R14 82T manufactured in Jan-14 instead of the usual OEM MRF ZVTS of same size. I want to know if JK tyres are equally not recommended as the MRFs?

I read a couple of threads on Team BHP mentioning about not so good quality with JK Vectra tyres or in general JK tyres.

Would it be advisable to straight away go for the Michelins? Odo reading was 12 kms during PDI.

Tx.
Not an issue i think. I got goodyear and i wanted those only. At that time cars were either coming with MRF or Good Year. They might have started giving JK too now.
Old 10th February 2014, 02:15   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Tx.
The tyre thread may give you a better idea. I swapped the OEM MRFs straight out of the dealers, and got Michelin's. The advantage of exchanging while new (less than 100kms is what most dealers would say) is that you get a good rate for the OEM tyres. I paid Rs 1500 per tyre as a differential.
Old 10th February 2014, 13:38   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Tx.
Just 10 days back I took delivery of my SX MT Petrol. Mine came with Good Year tyres. I had ordered after market alloys and I got them a couple of days back and yesterday I changed all five to Michelin 185/65R14. It costed me 4900 each. All five stock tyres with OE rim are with me and I am trying to find a buyer for that. The tyre dealer also has promised to help me in selling them. I find many who have changed the tyres have gone for Michelin and I too found the reviews to be good about them!
Old 10th February 2014, 17:21   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Just 10 days back I took delivery of my SX MT Petrol. Mine came with Good Year tyres. I had ordered after market alloys and I got them a couple of days back and yesterday I changed all five to Michelin 185/65R14. It costed me 4900 each. All five stock tyres with OE rim are with me and I am trying to find a buyer for that. The tyre dealer also has promised to help me in selling them. I find many who have changed the tyres have gone for Michelin and I too found the reviews to be good about them!
Hi there! Congratulations on your new Amaze! Wish you many miles and smiles!

My Amaze came shorn with MRF ZVTVs and I swapped them for Michelin XM2s straight out of the showroom. Paid about Rs 1500 as a differential (after exchanging the OEM tyres) with a Michelin authorised dealer.
Old 14th February 2014, 15:53   #2081
BHPian

Mumbai BHPians, I got the below email about 'Amaze Carnival' this weekend at Linkway Honda.

N.B. - Use it at your own discretion. I am not associated with it in any way.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-amaze-carnival.jpg  

Old 14th February 2014, 21:27   #2082

has anyone tried to get NCB on the "Honda Assure" insurance given by the dealer on the new AMAZE car in Mumbai ? dealer's SA seem to be unclear about what discount will be offered. Also does not seem to be interested in offering a discounted insurance. discounted due to NCB. Quick reply appreciated
Old 15th February 2014, 13:37   #2083
BHPian

After doing TD of Ecosport and checking out Linea, i went to Pinnacle Honda to see if its worth putting money on Amaze. Although that showroom isn't the nearest one from my place, it falls on the way to my office. With a budget of 8L that can be stretched to 9max, the SX trim seemed to be a good proposition. Although i can afford VX, i think its a tad overpriced as Dzire ZDI is a good 35k cheaper than it.
Here are my observations after taking the TD:

+Coming from Beat Diesel i didn't find the engine noise to be intrusive. The road where TD happened didn't let us take speed beyond 60kmph, so i am not sure how the engine will sound at higher speeds.
+Pickup and turning radius are definitely better than diesel Ecosport. I am yet to sample the 1.3 MJD of Linea.
+I liked the rear bench comfort, armrest with cupholders, bootspace etc. Ecosport seemed to be a much smaller car from inside. However Linea is in a different league altogether.

-The dashboard and music system are too bland for my taste. Cars like figo are having wifi now while this guy doesn't even have bluetooth.
-Lack of adjustable headrest is a glaring omission for a car in this segment.
-Skinny tires needs upgrade.
-Somehow the styling doesn't appeal me much.

Although both Ecosport and Linea are expensive than Amaze, their lower trims fall within my budget. However both will lack safety features.
Here are the OTR prices in Kolkata right now:
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-amaze001.jpg

Pinnacle Honda is offering me only 3k discount which is next to nothing for a 9L car. Delivery period was quoted as 2-3 weeks depending on color. They offered me additional 12k discount if i take VX 2013 model.
Old 16th February 2014, 00:59   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by user50 View Post
has anyone tried to get NCB on the "Honda Assure" insurance given by the dealer on the new AMAZE car in Mumbai ? dealer's SA seem to be unclear about what discount will be offered. Also does not seem to be interested in offering a discounted insurance. discounted due to NCB. Quick reply appreciated
I got my NCB on my old car transferred. Got a refund on the first year insurance after submitting the certificate to Bajaj Allianz (through Honda Assure). Didn't get any discount, though.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 14:21   #2085
BHPian

I have owned a Amaze AT for 3 months now and have clocked around 3.5k. 90% of kms on Mumbai-Pune expressway. The car and sterring handles good at high speeds.
During the 1st free service I told the service guys about rattling near A pillars which he recitifed. He said the plastic covering the pillar was not fitted properly.
Offlate I m hearing similar noises from the other sections of the car. I am sure it's nothing related to the engine. but these noises spoil the fun and pleasure of driving a new car. Even the left front door alignment is off. I see a big gap between the door and front which is absent on the right side. Have planned visit to service station this friday, will get all this resolved next week.
Are these common issues ocuring? Or I am the unlucky one.
bigwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks