Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 21:49   #46
BHPian

Awesome review there. Loved your narration and the 69bhp bit eats the cake. I too own a Tjet+ with close to 26000kms on the ODO. Great drivers car it is.

Have fun with your darling.. happy motoring.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 13:18   #47
BHPian

Re: The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus

Enjoyed reading your review. I own the T-Jet Plus since Oct 2011, and must admit , I enjoy the car thoroughly. Have driven it for 500+ Kms at a stretch many a times and the car does not feel giving up at all. On the highway its just from another league.
And the car is so addictive that sometimes I keep talking about it and then feel that people must think that I am mad to talk about a car like that and that too FIAT (Fiat still has a perception of a NO-NO for the typical Indian car buyer).

I feel in a car of different segment when I drive the T-jet Plus.
I have a query : If you have noticed there is a tar like material all over the bottom body, is that the Anti-Rust coating or the car still requires one ?

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th June 2013 at 14:27.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 17:59   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
On the highway its just from another league.
And the car is so addictive that sometimes I keep talking about it and then feel that people must think that I am mad to talk about a car like that and that too FIAT (Fiat still has a perception of a NO-NO for the typical Indian car buyer).

I feel in a car of different segment when I drive the T-jet Plus.
I have a query : If you have noticed there is a tar like material all over the bottom body, is that the Anti-Rust coating or the car still requires one ?
Thanks xaero, I know where you are coming from with your T-Jet experience. I also felt exactly the same way when I test drove the car. This car is in an different league. FIAT or not does not matter. It is just in altogether different league. I am actually surprised that the car has not done so well in India! (The image and the poor service has let it down). What a shame.

As for the underbody thing, I had read some place that the car comes with underbody protection from the factory and that no underbody rust protection is needed. I sought clarification of this from FIAT and yet, they wrote back saying that no underbody protection is needed. All the T-Jets come with underbody protection from the factory. Maybe one can get it redone in 5 years or so.
Old 6th June 2013, 12:43   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Thanks xaero, I know where you are coming from with your T-Jet experience. I also felt exactly the same way when I test drove the car. This car is in an different league. FIAT or not does not matter. It is just in altogether different league. I am actually surprised that the car has not done so well in India! (The image and the poor service has let it down). What a shame.

As for the underbody thing, I had read some place that the car comes with underbody protection from the factory and that no underbody rust protection is needed. I sought clarification of this from FIAT and yet, they wrote back saying that no underbody protection is needed. All the T-Jets come with underbody protection from the factory. Maybe one can get it redone in 5 years or so.
Thanks for the confirmation Johy, I have seen upteen number of times and the tar like material does seem to be underbody coating. And did you see the European advertisement of the T-Jet, Michael Schumacher is the brand ambassador for this car in Europe
Old 11th June 2013, 16:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation Johy, I have seen upteen number of times and the tar like material does seem to be underbody coating. And did you see the European advertisement of the T-Jet, Michael Schumacher is the brand ambassador for this car in Europe
Hey Johy, I am in a fix after reading your post regarding the turbo whistle of the T-Jet engine. I have not been able to hear it at sub-100 speeds (and though I don't feel that the car is not performing as expected).

Can you describe a little bit about the sound , is it like that typical scorpio sound when the driver pulls it or its a subtle tough to hear sound ? Preferably if you can put a video of starting your car and increasing the revs to point out the kind of sound you hear would be great.

I know I am being paranoid here , but I want to be sure everything is okay with my Jet
Old 11th June 2013, 17:42   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Johy, I am in a fix after reading your post regarding the turbo whistle of the T-Jet engine. I have not been able to hear it at sub-100 speeds (and though I don't feel that the car is not performing as expected).

Can you describe a little bit about the sound , is it like that typical scorpio sound when the driver pulls it or its a subtle tough to hear sound ? Preferably if you can put a video of starting your car and increasing the revs to point out the kind of sound you hear would be great.

I know I am being paranoid here , but I want to be sure everything is okay with my Jet
Please go ahead and enjoy the car without any worries. The turbo whistle is faint in some T-Jets and loud in a few others. If you switch off the music system and concentrate on the engine sound when driving on a perfectly flat road without much road noise you can hear it, but if you don't hear it there is nothing to worry about. If there is really a turbo issue, the symptoms will be different - lack of acceleration, improper combustion (visible smoke from the exhaust), wailing sound, etc.

My car is very silent; it hardly has an audible turbo whistle since day 1, but I have been happily touring all across South India in it without any problems whatsoever.

OT - do I sense a fellow Quake III fan in you? Your handle caught my attention

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th June 2013 at 17:49.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 17:52   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Please go ahead and enjoy the car without any worries. The turbo whistle is faint in some T-Jets, and loud in a few T-Jets. If you switch off the music system and concentrate on the engine sound when driving on a perfectly flat road without much road noise you can hear it, but if you don't hear it there is nothing to worry about. If there is really a turbo issue, the symptoms will be different - lack of acceleration, improper combustion (visible smoke from the exhaust), wailing sound, etc.

My car is very silent; it hardly has an audible turbo whistle since day 1, but I have been happily touring all across South India in it without any problems whatsoever.

OT - do I sense a fellow Quake III fan in you? Your handle caught my attention

OT: Yup, you hit the sweet spot on the Quake III part . Was and am a huge fan. Won a lot of inter-college competitions
xaero was my favorite , completed all Nightmare levels with him.
Old 12th June 2013, 16:21   #53
BHPian

Quote:

Xaero, I will try and record it in a couple of days. Just back from a short drive and boy the whistle was really sweet this time. No matter how many times I go out for a drive in this - I always come back smiling
Old 12th June 2013, 17:41   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Try parking in a quiet place, with a narrow lane - like say your office parking lot's last corner. Keep the car in neutral, open your windows and press the accelerator. You should hear the turbo whistle / whine crystal clear.

Or in a narrow, empty and silent lane, open your windows, and drive the car at a lower gear with sufficient speed and you should hear it in the enclosed surroundings.
Old 12th June 2013, 20:55   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Try parking in a quiet place, with a narrow lane - like say your office parking lot's last corner. Keep the car in neutral, open your windows and press the accelerator. You should hear the turbo whistle / whine crystal clear.

Or in a narrow, empty and silent lane, open your windows, and drive the car at a lower gear with sufficient speed and you should hear it in the enclosed surroundings.
Thanks a lot for the tip Reinhard, I will surely try this. And in the meantime also wait for Johy to upload the musical sound of his T-jet
Old 8th August 2013, 20:09   #56
BHPian

Fantastic narration! I don't know how I missed this thread earlier but it's never too late to wish. Congrats on owning this wonderful car. You are really lucky to stay so close to the hills. Driving the T-jet on the ghats is the best de-stress therapy. Time for some more pics and also the latest update on your Jet.

@Xaero - Crusoe (my T-jet+) has a loud whistle. My office is in Noida, Sector 62. We can catch up someday and you can experience the Turbo-whistle live.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 16:42   #57
BHPian

Johy buddy, you were among the many T-Jet owners that convinced me to buy my Minimal Gray Emotion. Haven't driven much due to other pressures, but you have very eloquently said what my heart feels. A short trip is coming up Independence Day weekend; I'll get to feel her better then.

Wish you many many years of happy motoring with your beaut!
Old 10th August 2013, 09:48   #58
Team-BHP Support

Found the tires you were looking for?
Old 10th August 2013, 15:39   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Fantastic narration! I don't know how I missed this thread earlier but it's never too late to wish. Congrats on owning this wonderful car. You are really lucky to stay so close to the hills. Driving the T-jet on the ghats is the best de-stress therapy. Time for some more pics and also the latest update on your Jet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Johy buddy, you were among the many T-Jet owners that convinced me to buy my Minimal Gray Emotion.

Wish you many many years of happy motoring with your beaut!
Thanks guys, many thanks. Been occupied with some wordly concerns, so the delay with not updating the thread. Things are settled now, so I think I will be updating the thread soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Found the tires you were looking for?
Not yet, sirji; only window shopping these days. Out of funds - but soon. The Goodyears will go soon. Will probably go for something a bit tough compared to soft ones.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 10:48   #60
BHPian

Dearest johy jee, I am still waiting for your recording

I have tried a lot of things, like driving in an alley with high rpm, driving with windows rolled-up and no music and the only sound I hear is the roar of the engine but no turbo whistle. Though I am sure its the T-Jet mill running under the bonnet, but still i miss that whistle feel everyone has described so lovingly here.
One day I saw a bronze scuro colored T-Jet driving on the opposite lane and thought of flagging him to stop and let me sit in his Jet so that I can feel what the whistle is like.

But, please try and record (with safe driving ofcourse) the whistle. Waiting for your musical upload.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks