Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2014, 10:29   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Slightly OT, do Airbags have any link with seat belt?
If seat belt is not used, air bags do not deploy?...
Airbags did not deploy in this case
YES its True.

Airbag is deactivated if seatbelt isn't buckled. AFAIK This is because the passenger can get injured by the airbag itself! The intensity of how quickly the airbag inflates itself is SO strong, that it can seriously injure the passenger.
GrammarNazi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 11:05   #107
BHPian

re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!

The insurance is bent upon repairs rather than replace. How do I go around with that?
Old 3rd May 2014, 13:56   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
The insurance is bent upon repairs rather than replace. How do I go around with that?
I think the cut-off for replacement is that the cost of repairs should be more than 70% of IDV. Talk to the SA to understand cost of repairs .. then further to the surveyor.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:04   #109
BHPian

The cut off is 75% of IDV but in my case the liability of the insurance company is less than that. I will work out cheaper for the insurance that the car is repaired than totalled.
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:12   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

I think you and your SA will have to 'convince' the insurance agent of the dealership. Try to sweeten the deal by offering to book a new Aria or Storme with them.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 11:21   #111
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accide

Guess my Aria woes dont seem to end. Even after 3 months the surveyor has not sumitted the report. After 2 months he asked for an investigation and on 28th June the investigator submitted a positive report. Then he claims the driver's (My father's) driving license is still not verified. I wrote to reliance grievance cell who issued a letter asking me to get it done myself. I got the DL verified from the authority and submitted the same. After one week he says, he has got a report from regional office of reliance that your fathers Driving license is fake. I tried meeting him personally but he doesn't seem interested and refused to meet. How is this possible as i have personally seen the file of my father in the RTO office. What is the way out now?
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:25   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess my Aria woes dont seem to end. Even after 3 months the surveyor has not sumitted the report. After 2 months he asked for an investigation and on 28th June the investigator submitted a positive report. Then he claims the driver's (My father's) driving license is still not verified. I wrote to reliance grievance cell who issued a letter asking me to get it done myself. I got the DL verified from the authority and submitted the same. After one week he says, he has got a report from regional office of reliance that your fathers Driving license is fake. I tried meeting him personally but he doesn't seem interested and refused to meet. How is this possible as i have personally seen the file of my father in the RTO office. What is the way out now?
Try the RTI route at tge RTO
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:56   #113
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accide

Quote:
It looks like the insurance company is just making excuses to delay or reduce the claim.

Keep all communication in writing, either by email or by registered post. If the issue is not resolved quickly you should approach the insurance ombudsman, who's job it is to deal with complaints. If that too does not work, then approach the consumer complaints forum.

Be sure that you have documents to support your claim of deficient service. You could hire an advocate but it isn't compulsory. Judgements are usually delivered quickly.

Good luck!
Old 22nd July 2014, 23:40   #114
BHPian

Quote:

If seat belt is not used, air bags do not deploy?

Why iam asking is recently a prominent female politician from AP met an accident in a ford endeavour....
Small correction if you don't mind.

It was not a Ford endeavour but a Mitsubishi Outlander she was travelling in that met with an accident.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 00:02   #115
BHPian

These Reliance companies work like this itself. Even in my personal business experience, they seem to have NO concept of ethics. Exactly the reason I didn't buy my Linea's insurance from Reliance.

Quote:
Sorry for the late responses.

Ridiculous that as a private body, they say that your dads license is fake(!) when a govt authorised person has confirmed its real !?

Keep a record of conversations E-Mails, calls (install a call recorder in your phone) etc.

Did you take a picture/photocopy of the DL verification receipt? If not, get it verified again and keep all documents in a file. Keep a diary record of what happened on which day (seems you've done that).

He doesn't want to meet you, so I guess he's not looking for any 'settlement'. Only way out is the Insurance ombudsman.

IF that doesn't work out, legal recourse.

One has to remain patient. Crap happens, don't feel too bad about it. This too shall pass.

All the best.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 23rd July 2014 at 00:14.
Old 8th October 2014, 12:12   #116
BHPian

Quote:

If seat belt is not used, air bags do not deploy?

Why iam asking is recently a prominent female politician from AP met an accident in a ford endeavour. the car turned turtle three time after an head on collision and skidded in to nearby fields. She is not wearing seat belts. She was thrown out through front windshield and expired next day in care hospital Hyderabad.

Airbags did not deploy in this case
Actually, the answer to this is - it depends on the standard used to manufacture the automobile.

The standards in the US and Europe are different for airbag deployment.

In the US, airbags are bigger based on the assumption that the occupants are not wearing seatbelts. In Europe the airbags are based on the assumption that the occupants are wearing them. Since India does not have airbag specific legislation, I am unsure if there is a standard. I think the American standard is best suited to India because of the poor adherence to the law requiring people to wear seatbelts.

By the way, was the insurance claim resolved? Why don't you harangue them on Twitter?

Last edited by invidious : 8th October 2014 at 12:14.
Old 20th October 2014, 12:57   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I got the DL verified from the authority and submitted the same. After one week he says, he has got a report from regional office of reliance that your fathers Driving license is fake. I tried meeting him personally but he doesn't seem interested and refused to meet. How is this possible as i have personally seen the file of my father in the RTO office. What is the way out now?
Hey Bravo, any update on this issue?
Old 27th October 2014, 20:48   #118
BHPian

Its a long battle getting longer. My claim was refuted on the ground that my fathers DL could not be verified. I got an email from Okhla regional office and a letter from Mumbai head office regarding the same. I wrote an email to the grievance cell of Reliance General insurance. Fifteen days later same response the claim is refuted due to breach of 'Driving not holding a valid DL at the time of accident' clause. Meanwhile I tried the RTI route to get details of the DL from RTO office. Month later got a reply from ARTO which verified that the DL is issued in the name of my father and is valid. I forwarded the same to the Reliance office in Delhi, mumbai and to the Surveyor with a request to reconsider. Again no response for a month. Finally i filed a complaint with the Insurance Ombudsman. Ten days later i got a sms from reliance general insurance that a PRO is investigating my case and will get in touch if needed. The message also provided me with a mobile number of PRO that was non functional. Again no activity for 10 days, i spoke to the customer care. I was informed that my claim is still under investigation and PRO will contact me soon. I asked for alternate and correct contact no of PRO, the executive said he doesnt have the same and asked me to wait for him to contact me. I rang up the surveyor and was informed that the case is being reinvestigating. Mean while even after close to a month there is no response from Insurance Ombudsman. Today i called up the regional reliance office in Okhla to enquire about my case. I was informed that since my case is of "Total loss' (not a repair case) they are awaiting a nod from the corporate office. With minutes i got a call from the surveyor that my claim is approved and i have to 'settle' the amount with area manager at Okhla office. I was also informed that from the 'settlement amount' they will deduct the scrape value of the car and issue me a cheque within 20-25 days and i was free to sell they car later. I called up this guy in Okhla office but he was busy to take up my call . Its seems that things are now getting better but i can still smell a rat. I will speak to this Area manager tomorrow and update

Last edited by bravo82in : 27th October 2014 at 20:51.
bravo82in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 23:25   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Its a long battle getting longer. My claim was refuted on the ground that my fathers DL could not be verified. I got an email from Okhla regional office and a letter from Mumbai head office regarding the same. I wrote an email to the grievance cell of Reliance General insurance. Fifteen days later same response the claim is refuted due to breach of 'Driving not holding a valid DL at the time of accident' clause. Meanwhile I tried the RTI route to get details of the DL from RTO office. Month later got a reply from ARTO which verified that the DL is issued in the name of my father and is valid. I forwarded the same to the Reliance office in Delhi, mumbai and to the Surveyor with a request to reconsider. Again no response for a month. Finally i filed a complaint with the Insurance Ombudsman. Ten days later i got a sms from reliance general insurance that a PRO is investigating my case and will get in touch if needed. The message also provided me with a mobile number of PRO that was non functional. Again no activity for 10 days, i spoke to the customer care. I was informed that my claim is still under investigation and PRO will contact me soon. I asked for alternate and correct contact no of PRO, the executive said he doesnt have the same and asked me to wait for him to contact me. I rang up the surveyor and was informed that the case is being reinvestigating. Mean while even after close to a month there is no response from Insurance Ombudsman. Today i called up the regional reliance office in Okhla to enquire about my case. I was informed that since my case is of "Total loss' (not a repair case) they are awaiting a nod from the corporate office. With minutes i got a call from the surveyor that my claim is approved and i have to 'settle' the amount with area manager at Okhla office. I was also informed that from the 'settlement amount' they will deduct the scrape value of the car and issue me a cheque within 20-25 days and i was free to sell they car later. I called up this guy in Okhla office but he was busy to take up my call . Its seems that things are now getting better but i can still smell a rat. I will speak to this Area manager tomorrow and update
Such a relief to hear that things are getting better. How the hell can they reject a claim saying DL was invalid while it is not!! Anyhow, I just hope you get the money in timely manner.
Old 28th October 2014, 09:16   #120
BHPian

The Reliance Okhla office provided me with a copy of form 54 which reads that DL no (my fathers DL no say 12345) is not issued in the name of Mr XYZ son of Mr ABC. Now Mr XYZ's & Mr ABC's spells are similar (but not same) as that of my father and Grand father respectively. I took the copy of form 54 to the ARTO who most happily on the same form verified that the DL no 12345 is issued in the name of my father. Even with this verification the Grievance cell in Mumbai refused my claim. The RTI act proved benificial in my case. There is no way the Insurance company can refuse to accept the RTI reply. I am ready to fight a long legal battle. The legal notices for the same have already been prepared. I am not the person to let go my hard earned money that easily for fear of long litigation. Lets see how things turn up now and how much they offer as settlement price.
bravo82in is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks