Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2017, 09:43   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT

Put my Brio through its annual service. No issues here. However, I did run into a very major issue with the aircon.

We were having somewhat poor cooling, so last December when the car was in for some other work, I put it through a Stage I service. obviously, could not check it out.

This year when the hot season started we found that the cooling was poor, and also near zero at low speeds. So I asked them to check out.

They claim that the compressor is shot and will have to be replaced and quoted me about 25k for it.

I put a hold on that so an going independent. Is the diagnosis correct?

What is the Compressor in the Brio (I guess Jazz etc share the same), what is the size and are there any alternatives. I am planning to go to an independent early next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT-brio_serv.png  

Old 18th May 2017, 10:28   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
This year when the hot season started we found that the cooling was poor, and also near zero at low speeds. So I asked them to check out.
I think you would have checked on these points, but Is the air flow as it should be ? How about a/c gas ?
Old 18th May 2017, 11:03   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think you would have checked on these points, but Is the air flow as it should be ? How about a/c gas ?
Remember it went through a Stage 1 service in December, which includes an evacuate and refill. So the refrigerant should be Ok. Also, they checked again yesterday.
Old 20th May 2017, 15:20   #109
Senior - BHPian

Today I went to a local independent, who came highly recommended. He put a gauge to the high pressure side, and showed me that the compressor was near kaput. So HASS was correct. Seems Honda is using a Sanden Compressor with one connection (outlet) in the bottom. I am trying to get my friendly spares man to source it for me. The estimate for the fitment, evacuation, charging, etc is 2500, so add the cost of the compressor to it.
Old 25th July 2017, 14:52   #110
Senior - BHPian

Finally, the supplier of the Compressor in Delhi has it and the compressor is on its way. I have also been advised to get a new Expansion valve, and a condenser filter.

In the meanwhile yesterday in a mishap the rear screen of the car got broken. It seems that two rear screens are used in Brio. The one required (they traced it fast using the registration) was not available. They are getting it from the Factory and expect it tomorrow evening. (Pushp Honda) get their supplies every Wednesday, and have requisitioned it. . The service manager (Body Shop) tells me that replacement is a short job, about half an hour. So I expect the glass to be replaced on Thursday. The 'damages' may be only about 2,500 or so. By the looks of it the body is undamaged.
Old 25th July 2017, 15:19   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Finally, the supplier of the Compressor in Delhi has it and the compressor is on its way. I have also been advised to get a new Expansion valve, and a condenser filter.

In the meanwhile yesterday in a mishap the rear screen of the car got broken. It seems that two rear screens are used in Brio. The one required (they traced it fast using the registration) was not available. They are getting it from the Factory and expect it tomorrow evening. (Pushp Honda) get their supplies every Wednesday, and have requisitioned it. . The service manager (Body Shop) tells me that replacement is a short job, about half an hour. So I expect the glass to be replaced on Thursday. The 'damages' may be only about 2,500 or so. By the looks of it the body is undamaged.
I understand that you are replacing the Rear windscreen of the car. In that case I would like to suggest you something, if you can source the Rear windscreen with the defogger, that would get you another useful feature in the car, given that it is commonly used in the winter months here in Northern India. The difference in the cost would be less than 1K I think, and the only thing that would need to be added is a new relay from the fuse box.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 10:14   #112
Senior - BHPian

@agambhandari; Good idea. Right now we are on the verge of going out for two months or so. So I need the glass replaced. In my ownership experience a defogger can be useful but is not necessary. Also, a rear defogger will require some additional wiring.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 16:38   #113
Senior - BHPian

Got the rear screen replaced. Total Damages 4209. The car was beck within two hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT-rear_screen.png  

sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 15:31   #114
Senior - BHPian

Finally sorted out the car AC mess.

I got the AC Compressor (Sanden Vikas HFC134a, 97, STR06)) and the Condenser (PVL) through my friend Mr KK Jain of M/S Jain Motor Works. the pair cost me Rs.19,500.

Then I used M/S Golden Car AC for installing the same. Thanks to Miraj Bhai the job took a couple of house and cost me Rs.2,000. Now the A/C is back to its pristine condition. Total damages Rs.21,500.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 12:30   #115
Senior - BHPian

After a shade over five five years the Low Beam Filament on the Osram NB+ on the driver side beam packed up. As I was going out when the discovered it, I drove on High Beam almost all the time. This morning I replaced the bulb with an old one. The filament is yellow as compared to the Bluish colour of the NB+. Now I will try and buy a replacement pair, since five years plus is long enough for any upgraded bulb.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 15:50   #116
Senior - BHPian

I find there are both a NB Ultimate and NB Laser in the market. The latter is touted as the higher version of NB and the price difference is under Rs.400. What is intriguing is that the latter had no halogen fill, and uses pure Xenon. So I am tempted by it.
Old 15th May 2018, 16:20   #117
Senior - BHPian

[ATTACH=Car_1.png]Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT-car_2.png[/ATTACH]
Put my Brio through its annual service. The damages were large Rs.15408.

In fact I am not sure about some of the costs. The front disc pas were changed even though there was quite a lot of stuff left. However the brakes are much better than before. Some of the other stuff looked a bit fishy but then it is a cross one has to bear. The entire team seems to have changed.
Attached Images

Old 15th May 2018, 16:43   #118
mxh
BHPian

How did you manage to spend so much on your service. Tried opening the images but the quality is too poor. I have a city 2015 and till date not spent more than 4500 for a service (light usage) so your post worries me..
Old 16th May 2018, 12:14   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
How did you manage to spend so much on your service. Tried opening the images but the quality is too poor. I have a city 2015 and till date not spent more than 4500 for a service (light usage) so your post worries me..
Agreed. The team is new to I did not bother for a detailed break up.

Somethings are suspicious to say the least. A pad change costs a bit. Also, filter and plugs. assuming we accept them even then other things are dodgy. Remember I had put a note - no additional work, as is my habit. Seems all the older lot has quit/left, and the new lot is dicey. Yes, the swing arms made a difference, as did some of the other work.

In fact they get upset since I send the car in only once a year.

Somethings are fishy, Auto pest control, Motor Care Treatment, Silencer Coating can again be snake oil.
Old 19th July 2018, 13:13   #120
BHPian

I am planning a 35k kms service on my Brio AT. I'm thinking of changing the plugs. Should I stick to the OEM plugs?
Also, I'm searching for 0W30 synthetic oil for the Brio but am getting 5W30 at most places.
Is it required to change the brake rotors with the pads as my Brio has done about 35k kms?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks