Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:53   #46
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 110 RxL – Am I there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Modifications done and accessories added.
1) Bling alloys at the cost of 44 k
2) Philips extreme vision H1 and H7 bulbs for a total cost of 2.7k
3) Hertz co-axial 5-1/4 inch at a cost 3.8k
4) Dual tone paint job done by KHIVRAJ PEARL itself at a cost of 4k.
Hi Neil,

My white RxZ is expected sometime in December. Kindly share your experience with X-treme vision headlamp bulbs. How much better are they in comparison with the stock bulbs? Also, can you please help me identify the part number of the H1 & H7 required for the job? Philips website has a long list of part numbers which has confused me a lot.

Name:  Xtreme Vision.PNG
Views: 16087
Size:  63.1 KB

Also, how are the tyres performing now? Especially after clocking some miles?

And, can you share some pictures of your Hertz Coaxials?
sharanvenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 14:51   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Hi Neil,

My white RxZ is expected sometime in December. Kindly share your experience with X-treme vision headlamp bulbs. How much better are they in comparison with the stock bulbs? Also, can you please help me identify the part number of the H1 & H7 required for the job? Philips website has a long list of part numbers which has confused me a lot.

Also, how are the tyres performing now? Especially after clocking some miles?

And, can you share some pictures of your Hertz Coaxials?
Hi,
congrats on your choice of the Duster. Barring the price greed of Renault, the best of everything within reasonable expectations is what the Duster is.
I have dry eyes. So stock bulbs were not really serving my purpose. Philips x-treme vision increases the visibility by at least 20-30%. Even that is not sufficient for me when speed is higher and when it rains. But still it is a major leap over OE bulbs. enhancing bulb wattage or going for HID kits is not advisable as it messes with your OE setup.
model nos.
H1 - 12258xvb1
H7 - 12972xvb1
Some recommend OSRAM over philips x-treme vision.
MRF is holding on its own as of now, but this month my long rides have stopped, so will be able to assess once my next highway trip is complete.
Hertz co-axials are way ahead of the stock speakers and even the 6-inch kenwood co-axials that I have fitted for the rear. Barring the high price, it greatly enhances the sound quality. Will keep you posted of any few upgrades.
Neil Roy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 16:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I have dry eyes. So stock bulbs were not really serving my purpose. Philips x-treme vision increases the visibility by at least 20-30%. Even that is not sufficient for me when speed is higher and when it rains. But still it is a major leap over OE bulbs. enhancing bulb wattage or going for HID kits is not advisable as it messes with your OE setup.
model nos.
H1 - 12258xvb1
H7 - 12972xvb1
Some recommend OSRAM over philips x-treme vision.
Have you already upgraded your bulbs, asking this coz I passed a red Duster on Monday nights @ around 21:15 in Defence colony road in Chennai (read somewhere that you reside nearby, so the red Duster reminded me of you) and the headlights were pretty good in that vehicle.
Old 8th November 2012, 14:53   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Have you already upgraded your bulbs, asking this coz I passed a red Duster on Monday nights @ around 21:15 in Defence colony road in Chennai (read somewhere that you reside nearby, so the red Duster reminded me of you) and the headlights were pretty good in that vehicle.
Yep. That has to be me. In all fairness, lights at 60 watts itself is pretty good for OE fittings.
Old 16th November 2012, 01:42   #50
BHPian

Hi Neil, I find the oem high beam pretty good, low beam is a bit poor though. How much difference are you seeing with the xtreme vision, esp on the highway?

Last time I tried xtreme power on my ohc it kept on getting fused after a couple of months use, so a bit wary.

I am also now planning a hertz ecx coaxial install on the front doors. Will the 6.5 fit? I initially wanted the Image Dynamics components but I think they will not fit and anyway they are not available. I see you went with 5.25. Also not planning to change the rear, any reason you went for the Kenwoods?
Old 19th November 2012, 13:59   #51
BHPian

Duster @ 10000 Kms in style.
I'll just let the pictures do the talking. Suffice that I say that I am pretty well pleased at my choice of Duster as my ride. It definitely has the go anywhere attitude and the capacity. Guys, this is 4WD territory. My bolero refused to budge further near the waterfalls where the Duster was parked during rainy seasons.
Renault Duster 110 RxL – Am I there yet?-dscn3190.jpg

Renault Duster 110 RxL – Am I there yet?-dscn3193.jpg

Renault Duster 110 RxL – Am I there yet?-dscn3195.jpg

Renault Duster 110 RxL – Am I there yet?-dscn3202.jpg

A little bit Off topic. But some amazing scenery that I just had to share.

Renault Duster 110 RxL – Am I there yet?-dscn3228.jpg

Renault Duster 110 RxL – Am I there yet?-dscn3230.jpg

Last edited by Neil Roy : 19th November 2012 at 14:00.
Neil Roy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 23:34   #52
BHPian

Congrats on the 10K mark, any door/body sound yet?
Terrific set of pictures, sure you had a blast riding the tracks.
Old 20th November 2012, 09:35   #53
BHPian

That is real amazing!!!
The quickest 10k or so it seems ! Congrats and many more happy miles to you !
Old 20th November 2012, 11:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX
That is real amazing!!!
The quickest 10k or so it seems ! Congrats and many more happy miles to you !
Awesome. Terrific pics. At 5500 miles I thought I was ahead of you
Old 20th November 2012, 12:29   #55
BHPian

Nice write up bro. I got my hands on the 85Ps RxL(O) on the 1st of this month and have done a little over 1200k. I agree with you on most bits, especially about the bit about how good it is with us folks with a disc problem. I drove 14 hours this sunday, last, and came home without a niggle!

I am face with a problem which I'm sure is unique to my car. It leaks from the front wind shield area. At first, I thought it was the AC condensation but that was not seen during my drives. My driver double checked while washing and is sure it is somewhere at the rear end of the bonnet below the windshield. Do you have any problem like that?

I am thinking of going for my 1st service before its due.
Old 20th November 2012, 14:55   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler
..I am face with a problem which I'm sure is unique to my car. It leaks from the front wind shield area. At first, I thought it was the AC condensation but that was not seen during my drives. My driver double checked while washing and is sure it is somewhere at the rear end of the bonnet below the windshield. Do you have any problem like that?

NOT a unique problem with your car, but for Duster. I read the same problem with couple of Dusters in the forum & also where exactly the solution needs to apply. I cant recall which thread has it, but its there. Could you do a search on Duster water leak problem?
Old 20th November 2012, 21:42   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
I am face with a problem which I'm sure is unique to my car. It leaks from the front wind shield area. At first, I thought it was the AC condensation but that was not seen during my drives. My driver double checked while washing and is sure it is somewhere at the rear end of the bonnet below the windshield. Do you have any problem like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
NOT a unique problem with your car, but for Duster. I read the same problem with couple of Dusters in the forum & also where exactly the solution needs to apply. I cant recall which thread has it, but its there. Could you do a search on Duster water leak problem?
Read the posts in the thread chaps! read it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
That portion is called the Scuttle Panel. I am given to understand that its a standard fault-finding process for Duster under the complaint "water in the pax compartment":

- either the condenser drain pipe is blocked (which I believe happened to another BHPian earlier- was it Driventwheel?)

- or the scuttle panel drain is blocked (dry leaves and debris)

-or overloaded (such as when pressure washing and directing the water jet at the scuttle panel for too long). So we got to watch out for that too.
@ Neil - Congrats on the 10K mark! You are still maintaining the position of Fleet Leader in the Forum- Keep it up!

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 20th November 2012 at 21:45.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 12:36   #58
BHPian

Guys, presenting the bill for 10000 kms service for Duster. Your thoughts. Methinks it is cheaper than expected.But then again, i might be wrong.

Renault Duster 110 RxL – Am I there yet?-duster-bill.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Congrats on the 10K mark, any door/body sound yet?
Terrific set of pictures, sure you had a blast riding the tracks.
Body sound is there in the rear stepney. That is due to to the fact that when I had my tyre blowout, i removed the stepney rather amateurishly. Adrenaline rush combined with the fact that I was scared out of my pants at having safely overcome a tyre blowout did not help matters much.As of now the SA does not know how to arrest the sound, so I just turn up the music.

When I was chatting up the SA for my 10000Kms service, common feedback given by customers was door and body rattling. In my opinion it is the mistake of the owners rather than the fault of Duster as a vehicle.I think that because the suspension is good, people have the tendency to rough ride over broken roads at high speeds.This is one of the major reasons for body rattling, as most of the parts are held together by plastic clips.Another reason is maybe the driving style. High gear and low rpms do not mix. Instead of trying to take a turn or bend from almost standstill at second gear,downshifting to first gear does a whole lot of good to body parts as well as engine bed.My two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post

@ Neil - Congrats on the 10K mark! You are still maintaining the position of Fleet Leader in the Forum- Keep it up!
Maybe so, but there is a dude who has completed 30000 kms service in three months
wonder if he ever goes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Hi Neil, I find the oem high beam pretty good, low beam is a bit poor though. How much difference are you seeing with the xtreme vision, esp on the highway?

@ Raul. My issue with the headlights is that high beam and low beam distance level difference is very minimal. If I focus on low beam intensity, I lose out on the high beam distance reach and vice versa. As you rightly said, intensity of low beam is very poor. Xtreme vision is definitely more superior than stockbulbs by atleast 30%. Life remains to be seen.
Kenwood is cheaper by atleast 50% compared to Hertz. Anyways, the sound quality is more dependant on the HU unit's ability than the speaker in itself. There is only so much that a speaker can do.
Neil Roy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 13:38   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Duster @ 10000 Kms in style.
I'll just let the pictures do the talking. Suffice that I say that I am pretty well pleased at my choice of Duster as my ride. It definitely has the go anywhere attitude and the capacity. Guys, this is 4WD territory. My bolero refused to budge further near the waterfalls where the Duster was parked during rainy seasons.
Lovely pics Neil. Where is this location? I took mine (85PS RxLO) to Anamudi Shola National Park which had a similar terrain. (I'll post the pics later). There were a couple of occasions the MRF Wanderers failed to bite. After a bit of spinning the gravel flew off and the tyres then gripped the underlying stones to move ahead.

I thought it was due to my inexperience driving in such terrain but my thought is the tyres that come with the Duster seem more suited to a highway drive than off-road.

Have you had a similar experience with your car? I was contemplating a change to something slightly wider or grippier (235/70 R16) like a Goodyear Wrangler AT or the one from MRF itself.

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks,

Rajesh
Old 21st November 2012, 13:43   #60
BHPian

Neil - did they not change the oil in the 10km service? I don't see any billing for the synthetic elf oil they use for the Duster? That would be 4k at least if I am not mistaken.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks