Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 08:07   #556
BHPian

re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Just enquired at hyundai showroom if reverse camera (OE) can be installed on Magna. The answer was yes but the price quoted was 80k.

the same for after market one was 15k.

how can there be a difference of more than five times?
Old 30th October 2013, 17:43   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siedo View Post
Just enquired at hyundai showroom if reverse camera (OE) can be installed on Magna. The answer was yes but the price quoted was 80k.

the same for after market one was 15k.

how can there be a difference of more than five times?
I think the high price might be because the monitor for the reverse camera is on the rear view mirror. The rear view mirror in the I20 not only has the inbuilt camera but also the light sensor for the auto headlamps and the auto dimming feature. I believe the after-market ones only have the inbuilt monitor.
Old 3rd November 2013, 21:05   #558
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to buy i20 sports diesel. I have almost finalized it but I do have a question as I am new to diesel cars. My current car is i10 with which I am happy but KMs that I clock per month have increased. My question is that I will not be using the new diesel car much during the weekdays, I usually use it during the weekends where in I will be going for long drives so not using a diesel car for a long time affect the car in any ways?
Old 4th November 2013, 11:59   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to buy i20 sports diesel. I have almost finalized it but I do have a question as I am new to diesel cars. My current car is i10 with which I am happy but KMs that I clock per month have increased. My question is that I will not be using the new diesel car much during the weekdays, I usually use it during the weekends where in I will be going for long drives so not using a diesel car for a long time affect the car in any ways?
You can go for the Grand i10 Diesel in this case, you will, still have best of both worlds. Moreover, it is significantly cheaper than most contemporaries.
Old 4th November 2013, 19:56   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
You can go for the Grand i10 Diesel in this case, you will, still have best of both worlds. Moreover, it is significantly cheaper than most contemporaries.
You are right but I read from the review that Grand i10 does not perform well on the highways. Due to this I have opted for i20.
Old 5th November 2013, 09:52   #561
BHPian

I have a igen i20 diesel Sportz.

Had a heart stopping moment this past weekend, and I need advice on this.
Was driving from Mysore to Bangalore on Sunday morning. As you may know, there a lot of speed breakers between Mysore and Mandya.
One of these speed breakers had a bad patch of road just before it. (read loose stones, and rubble). So I am braking from 90-100 kmph to negotiate the bad road, and the speed breaker immediately after it. Now as soon as the car hit the bad road the car loses all breaking for a second or so. I must have been doing 50-40 kmph at that time. I got so freaked that I've lost the brakes. Immediately after, the ABS kicked in, and I was able to brake in time for the speed breaker.

Needless to say I stopped, checked everything, and was cautious afterwards. Nothing happened after that, and looks like it happened just as the car hit the rough patch.
Mind you, it was not a sense of aquaplaning, or slipping and sliding. The car was completely straight, and I lost the braking sensation. Please tell me if I've got a defective car, and can this be repaired?
Old 5th November 2013, 10:41   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post

Had a heart stopping moment this past weekend, and I need advice on this.
Was driving from Mysore to Bangalore on Sunday morning. As you may know, there a lot of speed breakers between Mysore and Mandya.
One of these speed breakers had a bad patch of road just before it. (read loose stones, and rubble). So I am braking from 90-100 kmph to negotiate the bad road, and the speed breaker immediately after it. Now as soon as the car hit the bad road the car loses all breaking for a second or so. I must have been doing 50-40 kmph at that time. I got so freaked that I've lost the brakes. Immediately after, the ABS kicked in, and I was able to brake in time for the speed breaker.

Needless to say I stopped, checked everything, and was cautious afterwards. Nothing happened after that, and looks like it happened just as the car hit the rough patch.
Mind you, it was not a sense of aquaplaning, or slipping and sliding. The car was completely straight, and I lost the braking sensation. Please tell me if I've got a defective car, and can this be repaired?
Are you sure your car did not skid, rather, it was braking problem as you fear? I drive on bad patches & this phenomena is applicable for a driver, who drives bit faster &/ or brakes late on such roads.
Old 5th November 2013, 11:00   #563
BHPian

I am very sure it was not a skid. It was not even the sliding feeling at high speeds that the i20 is plagued with.
Old 5th November 2013, 11:00   #564
BHPian

Quote:
IMO every car that is at 90-100 kmph & hits a sandy/loose gravel stretch will feel like this; as tyres wont grip. U cant make out if your wheels were really still turning as you will think the gravelly sound is normal.
Old 5th November 2013, 11:14   #565
BHPian

Oh ok, hope that was the case and nothing more serious. In any case, ABS for the win!
Old 7th November 2013, 11:51   #566
BHPian

I took a TD of i20 Asta CRDI last week. I took the car on good and bad roads. Handling on good roads were acceptable but when I drove the car on uneven road, I could hear a thud sound from the front and could not make out from where the sound was emanating. I asked the person who accompanied and he did not give me a satisfactory answer. I thought that may be it's issue with that particular car. However couple of days later I went again to TD from a different dealer and this time also I could hear that thud sound from the front when i drove the car on uneven roads. Could you please tell me whether this sound is common in all i20?
Old 7th November 2013, 12:04   #567
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

ABS can increase your braking distance, as it releases the brake to stop the wheel locking up. What you might have experienced is the ABS in action, the key is that you need to ensure you continue to apply the brakes without releasing and let the ABS do its work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I took a TD of i20 Asta CRDI last week. I took the car on good and bad roads. Handling on good roads were acceptable but when I drove the car on uneven road, I could hear a thud sound from the front and could not make out from where the sound was emanating. Could you please tell me whether this sound is common in all i20?
The "thawak" sound from the front is due to the stiff suspension setting. It is very painful to hear but actually it does not create any problems.

Cheers

KPS
Old 14th November 2013, 21:43   #568
BHPian

Hi folks
My car had an incident. My driver banged the right sided wing mirror of my i20(sports-with electric mirrors) somewhere today. The outer cover( the body color part) and the internal mirror fell down and shattered. The rest of the mirror is functioning properly including the motor and the indicator.

Now, my questions are
1. Do I need to replace the whole mirror assembly or the outer plastic cover and the inner mirror are available separately?
2. How much would the whole assembly or the just the mirror and cover would set me back by.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, if this is not the correct place to post.
Old 14th November 2013, 23:13   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
1. Do I need to replace the whole mirror assembly or the outer plastic cover and the inner mirror are available separately?
2. How much would the whole assembly or the just the mirror and cover would set me back by.
Not sure of the cover part but the mirror plate is available as a spare part. This should cost around 400-500 including labour as far as I recall. I had to change it because of broken inner clip a month ago.

Hope this helps.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 23:22   #570
BHPian

I face exactly the same problem and have been informed that whole assembly needs to be changed. It costs Rs 4,700/- (part only in black) and needs to be painted to match body colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Hi folks
My car had an incident. My driver banged the right sided wing mirror of my i20(sports-with electric mirrors) somewhere today. The outer cover( the body color part) and the internal mirror fell down and shattered. The rest of the mirror is functioning properly including the motor and the indicator.

Now, my questions are
Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, if this is not the correct place to post.
aditya101 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks