Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2016, 14:58   #2881
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Rear fog lamp is removed in the face lift.

Spare wheel is steel. So it's going to be issue for 5 tyre rotation. I will have to get another alloy or else stick to 4 tyre rotation.
Thank you for your reply. Can you also confirm if the spare wheel is 1 size small i.e. 14 inch.
Old 17th September 2016, 17:22   #2882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
Thank you for your reply. Can you also confirm if the spare wheel is 1 size small i.e. 14 inch.
All tyres are of same size which is 185/65R15

See attached image from manual.

*2 is clearly mentioned to follow 4 tyre rotation.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160917_171829.jpg
Old 17th September 2016, 17:22   #2883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Driver seat height adjust is a good feature to have. You get better control on finding optimum seat height.

Sorry for not being clear. My understanding from Ertiga vehicle is that the seat height for VDi is lower than that of ZDi (at highest position). So people who are looking for height, need to buy ZDi. I am not referring to the ability to adjust seat height. I am referring to the highest position setting which for some reason is lower in VDi/VXi or LDi/LXi
sam_sant2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 20:19   #2884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's very unsafe to drive a car with two different tire sizes. No manufacturer will give such a combination.

Rims may differ, but tire diameter/size will remain same.
Old 18th September 2016, 12:11   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
I have a steel wheel ZDi and it is 15 inch. I dont think Ertiga will have a 14 inch wheel by any chance from Maruti.
Old 18th September 2016, 12:51   #2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Well, I am reading this only now but can assure you that the Brakes in the Ertiga do their job pretty well, whether it is Panic braking or braking with any maneuver, Straight roads or twisties.
If braking is your concern, let me tell you it is not. I am yet to hear from anyone that Ertiga (at least with ABS) has not got the friendliest brakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Hi ASNAGOUDA
Any specific issue regarding sudden breaking? Reason is you might do it if somebody jumps in front of you on NH and in panic you have no choice but to hit the breaks (have faced it multiple times when dogs or cows come in front from the medians)
Now ABS is expected to do the trick to some extent. I hope that works fine. Is there any other reason why you mentioned it? I have zeroed on petrol vxi/zxi ertiga and planning to buy very soon. Any precautions/safety measures are highly appreciated.
Regards
Hi Parag,

Have you tried sudden braking at 150 kmph? This happened to me on NH4 in between Tumkur and Chitradurga, where the road is 6 lane, but came across trucks in 2 lanes and when trying to take the 3rd lane, saw a truck ahead in that lane, and had to brake suddenly at that kind of speed. Though the ABS had kicked in (Ertiga ZDI+ with ABS), I felt my Ertiga swaying to one side, which was very scary enough for me to be decide to reduce speed well in advance instead of sudden braking. Another decision was to try to avoid going above 100 in first place. The braking at 100-120 is manageable, Ertiga does not sway when braking at this speed and sticks to the road. Ertiga very easily touches 120 and urges to go above it. It is the temptation which needs to be controlled. I have been at 120-130 many times after that but only for short stretches and not for long.

Hi Rajiv,

Specifically on sudden braking, the brakes do not slip if on low speed but on high speeds (say in excess of 60kmph), then ABS kicks in and makes you feel like car is trying to halt and also move ahead intermittently as if brakes are slipping out of control. This is unlike my old car which had no ABS and I felt it more assuring that the car is trying to halt as soon as possible. Have even experienced my old car screeching, which was assuring that wheels have stopped rotating. The eventual distance at which the car will eventually stop i felt is same, I feel it is just matter of getting used to ABS. Also, I was not the driver in one such sudden braking and did not feel brakes slipping. So it is the driver which gets this feeling and not other passengers.
ASNAGOUDA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 13:20   #2887

Quote:
Trying to decide between petrol ertiga vxi vs zxi. I am not in favour of rear window wiper or defogger or driver seat height adjustment.
Even in zxi there is no reverse camera (zxi+ has it). There is one available at pratham motors for about 8k. So planning to get one installed.
Kind of confused in making the final decision. Any help is appreciated.
Hi Rajiv,
My suggestions -
1) Believe me, rear wiper is very very helpful in rainy season. I wish even the OVRM and front windows had wipers.
2) Reverse camera is a boon and highly helpful in every parking in and out situation. Plus having it intergrated with the touchscreen is more appealing than external screen fitted on dashboard or near rear view mirror. Also, lot depends on how good the fitters are and how many drill holes / glues.
3) Touchscreen display is convenient and gives a premium feel to your car. Even Kwid has touchscreen on its top end.
4) Do not compromise on additional 10% amount.
ASNAGOUDA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 17:50   #2888
BANNED

Finally .. I have booked Ertiga Vdi this week. Expected delivery is 6 weeks. I am planning to take delivery in festive season I.e. Diwali. Now color dilemma, I am confused between Silver or Serene blue. Grey is option but don't like much. Any help here from fellow BHPians ?? Which is better? Easy to maintain and will last longer? Also should I go for tire upgrade to 195 ? Is it recommended ? I will be buying alloys from MGA. Standard one or should I buy from outside ? Any suggestions ?
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 17:59   #2889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Finally .. I have booked Ertiga Vdi this week. Expected delivery is 6 weeks. I am planning to take delivery in festive season I.e. Diwali. Now color dilemma, I am confused between Silver or Serene blue. Grey is option but don't like much. Any help here from fellow BHPians ?? Which is better? Easy to maintain and will last longer? Also should I go for tire upgrade to 195 ? Is it recommended ? I will be buying alloys from MGA. Standard one or should I buy from outside ? Any suggestions ?
Congratulations on booking your car. The VDi trim is the largest selling of the Ertiga models. Maruti have ironed out most of the deficiencies the earlier Ertiga had with this facelift, so its a better car now than when launched. This Diwali is sure going to be special for you

- Silver would be a good colour. Its very maintenance friendly, does not fade and is easier to sell since it a neutral shade. Check google out, most of the cars sold world over are in the silver shade
- A tyre upgrade is definitely recommended. Maruti cars come in different sizes for ZDi/ZXi and other variants, go for the ZDi size tyres, any other size other than that would be a gamble. OEM alloys are always the best since they come tested and recommended by the manufacturer. You would have to pay a premium for them over the ones you find in the open market though

If you have time, check out the Ertiga pictures and stories from the south east of Asia, Thailand, Indonesia etc. It will whet your appetite while you wait for your new set of wheels

Drive safe, and for the benefit of all of us, please start an Ownership thread

Last edited by TheARUN : 18th September 2016 at 18:01. Reason: Added text
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 21:00   #2890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASNAGOUDA View Post
Hi Parag,

Have you tried sudden braking at 150 kmph? This happened to me on NH4 in between Tumkur and Chitradurga, where the road is 6 lane, but came across trucks in 2 lanes and when trying to take the 3rd lane, saw a truck ahead in that lane, and had to brake suddenly at that kind of speed. Though the ABS had kicked in (Ertiga ZDI+ with ABS), I felt my Ertiga swaying to one side,
First of all, 150kmph overtaking in an Ertiga is not safe. This vehicle has high ground clearance and its dynamics are different than a sedan. If the vehicle is on full load, then the vehicle behaves totally different than on light load. Have a look at our accidents in India thread for Ertiga crashes, and you will understand what I mean.

Secondly not sure if you can judge if ABS has kicked in or not at that moment. It may be a feeling that ABS kicked in.

Thirdly the swaying you felt can be attributed to multiple factors - the road undulations, how the load inside the car is distributed etc. Unless you can reproduce the same swaying at multiple locations in similar speeds, don't make a judgement that breaks are at fault.

And finally use multi quote to avoid back to back posting.

Last edited by arjithin : 18th September 2016 at 21:01.
arjithin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 17:38   #2891
BHPian

Agree with Arjithin. I have an Ertiga myself and I find 110-120 kmph as a comfortable speed for it on the Highways.
Old 30th September 2016, 18:08   #2892
BHPian

Has anyone recently visited ASC for Engine oil Change? My car is due for 30K service. As a practice I tend to visit previous bills before I give vehicle for servicing. I found charges alarmingly low for Engine oil in last service. I was charged Rs.1760 for 3.1 Liter of oil (Rs. 568/L).

I believe price for Fully synthetic oil is approximately Rs.1000/Liter.

So was it goof up from ASC or prices are really low at ASC?

I planned to buy Castrol Edge Titanium this time for the car. But in case the prices so low then I will stick to ASC

Last Service Bill
Old 30th September 2016, 19:57   #2893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post
Has anyone recently visited ASC for Engine oil Change? My car is due for 30K service. As a practice I tend to visit previous bills before I give vehicle for servicing. I found charges alarmingly low for Engine oil in last service. I was charged Rs.1760 for 3.1 Liter of oil (Rs. 568/L).

I believe price for Fully synthetic oil is approximately Rs.1000/Liter.

So was it goof up from ASC or prices are really low at ASC?

I planned to buy Castrol Edge Titanium this time for the car. But in case the prices so low then I will stick to ASC

Last Service Bill
The one that costs 5xx is Semi Synthetic and the one that costs 1xxx is Synthetic and both have the same grade.

The prices at the ASC are at par with a regular stockist or a little more too but there should be no confusion around that. Both are Shell MDGO and 5W40. Just the cheaper one is what they call Semi Synthetic.

I have used both and since the grade was same, I could find no difference whatsoever.
Old 1st October 2016, 20:44   #2894
Senior - BHPian

Finally booked ertiga vxi at Pratham Motors. Mostly will be getting by end of month. Since a few accessories attracted me I chose to have arm rest next between driver and co driver seat, reverse camera, side and bumper protection beeding in addition to standard accessories. It will cost around 14k for all of these. All fitted by dealer. Dealer is offering under chassis treatment as free "gift". Good to know both airbags and ABS are standard features for vxi too.
Checked on tyre upgrades along with alloys but dealer offered peanuts as buy back value for stock tyres and rims (total 8k and 600 for all tyres and rims respectively) so dropped the idea for timebeing. May go for it when I reach the point of tyre replacement.
Kind of confusion among the dealer people regarding paid service schedule for petrol ertiga. One person said 6 month with oil change vs other said 1 year between services. I assume it to be 1 year or 10k kms whichever comes first.
Regards

Last edited by rajivtelang : 1st October 2016 at 20:57.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 18:31   #2895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked on tyre upgrades along with alloys but dealer offered peanuts as buy back value for stock tyres and rims (total 8k and 600 for all tyres and rims respectively) so dropped the idea for timebeing. May go for it when I reach the point of tyre replacement.
Congratulations !!

You can check with few reputed tyre dealers. They tend to give better offers overall. Alternatively consider getting alloys alone (not tyre upsize).
Quote:

Kind of confusion among the dealer people regarding paid service schedule for petrol ertiga. One person said 6 month with oil change vs other said 1 year between services. I assume it to be 1 year or 10k kms whichever comes first.
Regards
Follow the service interval given in your service manual, period.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks