Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2016, 15:06   #2806
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
I am not being able to upload the Youtube video
Upload the video on YouTube and paste the link here in the post. You can't upload videos on the server directly.
Old 22nd May 2016, 19:48   #2807
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

I have Zdi which has covered 47K!
If Maruti adds bit of boot space, full auto and re-introduce this car, it can give a run for money to other 7 seaters
Old 22nd May 2016, 21:22   #2808
BHPian

Hello friends, I have a 2013 ZDI ertiga clocked around 25k, I have from past 2 years switched to Mobil delvac1 fully synthetic oil , which I procure myself. Now the MASS guys are hesitant to use the same during routine service & do discourage me citing the lapse of engine warranty. But they are MASS & not Maruti themselves, so have been taking my chances. But these guys do mention in the comments section of my bill that engine oil is customer provided & carries these particulars on the box label. But what I can definitely assure you is that the engine feels much smoother compared to the OE oil. In case of any warranty requirements in the future, will have to take my chances.
I do need one advice from you folks, I live in Delhi & it is boiling at 46 C in the sun, my car takes a lot of time to cool to even a comfortable level , let alone chill it. The rear passengers despite a rear blower are never comfortable in the blistering heat. I do put up the temporary shades & they are of absolutely no help. My other ride is a swift whose AC is an absolute chiller. If you can provide me with any inputs on how to increase the cooling if possible. I feel that swift & ertiga share same engines , AC compressors , the ertiga having a larger internal volume , looses the game altogether to smaller swift. BTW it is a chiller in less harsh weathers but no match for the present summers.
Cheers
Old 22nd May 2016, 22:17   #2809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Hello friends, I have a 2013 ZDI ertiga clocked around 25k, I have from past 2 years switched to Mobil delvac1 fully synthetic oil , which I procure myself. Now the MASS guys are hesitant to use the same during routine service & do discourage me citing the lapse of engine warranty. But they are MASS & not Maruti themselves, so have been taking my chances. But these guys do mention in the comments section of my bill that engine oil is customer provided & carries these particulars on the box label. But what I can definitely assure you is that the engine feels much smoother compared to the OE oil. In case of any warranty requirements in the future, will have to take my chances.
I do need one advice from you folks, I live in Delhi & it is boiling at 46 C in the sun, my car takes a lot of time to cool to even a comfortable level , let alone chill it. The rear passengers despite a rear blower are never comfortable in the blistering heat. I do put up the temporary shades & they are of absolutely no help. My other ride is a swift whose AC is an absolute chiller. If you can provide me with any inputs on how to increase the cooling if possible. I feel that swift & ertiga share same engines , AC compressors , the ertiga having a larger internal volume , looses the game altogether to smaller swift. BTW it is a chiller in less harsh weathers but no match for the present summers.
Cheers
Buddy, swift and ertiga share the same engine but different turbo. Firstly my advice is don't waste our money in MASS, once they have in history that engine oil is from outside, they won't honour the warranty anymore.

Engine oil and ac are separate, would suggest to first clean the cabin filter, it might Chocked and get the ac gas top up. Best
Old 23rd May 2016, 00:05   #2810
BHPian

@amit,
The oil mention was in reply to a few queries about the engine oil earlier in the thread dear. I know that engine oil & AC are separate.( who doesn't).
Well the warranty for engine will be honoured by Maruti & not the MASS who are stubborn as it is. No company will dishonour a warranty on paltry grounds & I know a thing or two on how to handle that. This engine is damn reliable & I will use the mobile delvac 1 any day rather than worry about the warranty being dishonoured. Considering the AC being absolutely normal , would appreciate any inputs on increasing its efficiency in this weather.
PS: I really don't know how the different states of tune of this engine in swift & ertiga will affect the AC performance.
Old 23rd May 2016, 08:52   #2811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
If you can provide me with any inputs on how to increase the cooling if possible
Hi Piyush,

Any car AC can only do so much in extremely hot weather.

The problem you are facing is because the condenser isn't able to function at its best efficiency point.

A few suggestions here :

1.Check the a.c. condenser surface for stuck insects , small leaves , dust etc.If yes , use a very low pressure water jet to clean the condenser in the reverse flow of air if possible.
2.in hot weather it would be a good idea to pour some water on the condenser surface before starting off first time in the day.This will provide some relief.
3.Ensure that the cabin air filter is clean.This will at best improve throw of the blower but that is a benefit too.
4.if you've parked in hot weather , keep the windows rolled down 5% to displace hot air that builds up inside.

Am sure the recent drizzle would have provided you some relief

Last edited by vigsom : 23rd May 2016 at 08:53.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:34   #2812
BHPian

Guys Can the front arm rest provided in the S cross fit in the Ertiga ?
Old 23rd May 2016, 23:38   #2813
BHPian

what is the size of the Festoon Bulb in the dome light. need the size for ordering the Led festoon online
Old 23rd May 2016, 23:47   #2814
BANNED

Quote:
Guys Can the front arm rest provided in the S cross fit in the Ertiga ?
S-Cross armrest won't be a direct fit. May require some modifications. Eager than that halls, check the link below for the MGA armrest for Ertiga.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3966877

Enquire for this one and get it fixed.

Quote:
what is the size of the Festoon Bulb in the dome light. need the size for ordering the Led festoon online
I am using a 36mm festoon LED in my Swift. Here's a picture:

Name:  ForumRunner_20160523_234557.png
Views: 5542
Size:  422.3 KB

Extremely bright but not eye harming and does the job for what it is fixed over the OEM festoon bulb. Check my Swift ownership thread for further details on pictures, price etc.
Old 24th May 2016, 01:08   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
S-Cross armrest won't be a direct fit. May require some modifications. Eager than that halls, check the link below for the MGA armrest for Ertiga.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3966877

Enquire for this one and get it fixed.

I am using a 36mm festoon LED in my Swift. Here's a picture:

Attachment 1510004

Extremely bright but not eye harming and does the job for what it is fixed over the OEM festoon bulb. Check my Swift ownership thread for further details on pictures, price etc.
Can u please give the link to the festoon online ? indian sites preferred
Old 1st June 2016, 07:24   #2816
Distinguished - BHPian

Indonesia made Ertiga gets 4 Star ASEAN NCAP Crash Rating!

Ertiga - Adult Occupant Protection AOP) with 12.39 point /16.00

Link -http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...o-sport-3.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 13:54   #2817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Indonesia made Ertiga gets 4 Star ASEAN NCAP Crash Rating!

Ertiga - Adult Occupant Protection AOP) with 12.39 point /16.00

Link -http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...o-sport-3.html
And I thought ertiga was always exported from India ??
Old 5th June 2016, 00:19   #2818
BHPian

While browsing through ebay, I found the link for a GC increase kit. You can find the link here.

I am wondering whether this is useful at all and whether anyone has used this part. I know that Ertiga's default GC is pretty high to begin with, but the speedbump heights in bangalore also seem to be increasing day by day; especially the ones in my office's basement entry and exit driveways.
Old 5th June 2016, 07:29   #2819
BHPian

I have booked a new Ertiga A/T am based in Mumbai and will be seating 6 people in the car for weekend drives. Wanted to know if the Ertiga A/T can take the western ghat incline towards lonavala and Mahabaleshwar inclines.

Any word of caution in terms of driving style can't afford to stall the car on bends.
Old 5th June 2016, 09:39   #2820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agd19682 View Post
While browsing through ebay, I found the link for a GC increase kit. You can find the link here.

I am wondering whether this is useful at all and whether anyone has used this part. I know that Ertiga's default GC is pretty high to begin with, but the speedbump heights in bangalore also seem to be increasing day by day; especially the ones in my office's basement entry and exit driveways.
The ad claims GC increases by 45-60mm. If that is true, driving dynamics especially at highway speeds is going to be negatively impacted.

My benchmark for speedbreakers are the ones near Gear international school on Doddakanalli road. My 2012 Ertiga so far never touched those ones where as all other vehicles I drove on that road touched them.

Further the durability of the product is not known. The 4 year warranty mentioned on the ad can't really be trusted.

If you are experiencing severe issues with GC, first check with your service center if the suspension is alright.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks