Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 15:21   #2716
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Can anyone recommend pull up car curtain for ertiga
Old 9th February 2016, 17:53   #2717
BHPian

Booked Ertiga AT in Hyderabad in last week of Jan. The dealer says he has no clue on when the car will be delivered. Anyone else booked Ertiga recently? What is your wait time?
Old 9th February 2016, 18:17   #2718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Booked Ertiga AT in Hyderabad in last week of Jan. The dealer says he has no clue on when the car will be delivered. Anyone else booked Ertiga recently? What is your wait time?
I was researching the AT in Delhi and a timeframe I got (IIRC, as it was a very hurried conversation and I am not purchasing it) was 1-2 months.
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 18:36   #2719
BHPian

Hello All

I own a 2014 Jan Ertiga zxi done about 21000 kms. Recently the airbag light stays on even after all the other displays flash and go away. Can you let me know what the reason might be ? I read generic information online regarding clockspring and Pretensioner related problems. As i am out of town, i cannot take the car for service immediately. Kindly advise and Thanks in advance
Old 10th February 2016, 10:35   #2720
BHPian

Has anyone installed a running board for Ertiga? My mom might face difficulties getting into Ertiga. So was wondering if there are good running boards that can be installed, which will also look good on Ertiga
Old 10th February 2016, 14:06   #2721
BHPian

Not sure, all of you have come across this, posting this link on Ertiga Limited edition showcased recently in AutoExpo.

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/02/m...po-2016-215880
GetLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 13:15   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Hello All

I own a 2014 Jan Ertiga zxi done about 21000 kms. Recently the airbag light stays on even after all the other displays flash and go away. Can you let me know what the reason might be ? I read generic information online regarding clockspring and Pretensioner related problems. As i am out of town, i cannot take the car for service immediately. Kindly advise and Thanks in advance
Had the same issue with my A Star Zxi. Reason is the clockspring going kaput. A straight warranty replacement (if you are under extended warranty).

If not cost is somewhere around 4500-5000 (for A Star). Maybe more for Ertiga due to steering mounted audio controls.

Work to be done - remove horn pad, - remove airbag unit -
Remove damaged clockspring - put in new clockspring - put back airbag unit - put back horn pad.

Total time around 30 min.

Make sure the plastics are not scratched due to careless handling.

If not under warranty can the new one with Bluetooth telephone controls be put in?

Last edited by Ramon : 11th February 2016 at 13:20.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 13:32   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Had the same issue with my A Star Zxi. Reason is the clockspring going kaput. A straight warranty replacement (if you are under extended warranty).
Thanks for the information. Does the dealer have our Extended warranty details or any document which comes along with the sale of the car ? Please advise

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th February 2016 at 13:39. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 11th February 2016, 15:42   #2724
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Wanted to know whether Suzuki in the latest facelift has addressed the problem of reduced leg room in the second row when 3rd row is folded down?

Also, is it possible to remove one of the 3rd row seats to get a bigger luggage space or are both seats have a common base and hence one seat can not be removed?

Moreover, Is it possible to get 3rd row also in 60:40 proportion (like installing the 2nd row seating mechanism in the third row as well). Reason being it can be used by an adult and a kid on 60% seat and 40% seat area can be used for carrying the luggage. This way, one can seat 5 adults and 2 kids and can still have a decent luggage carrying capacity.
Old 11th February 2016, 16:43   #2725
BHPian

The space available remains the same. The main issue is unlike in normal folding rear seats, in the Ertiga when the back rest is folded the mechanism works in such a way that the seat squab also moves forward. This takes the whole assembly forward towards the middle row. This is what causes the third row to foul with the middle row when folded down. If the mechanism was one in which only the back rest moves and the seat squab remains fixed al la the 800, Alto and 99.9% cars with folding rear seats, it would not have caused issues. Don't know why only the Ertiga has such a design.

The seat base is also split. So removal of seat on one side may be possible.

It's a 50:50 split. Nearly impossible to convert to a 60-40 split. Best bet would be to get a non split backrest from pre facelift Ertiga and convert into a 60:40 split using the same methods as some one elsewhere on the forum who had done a 50:50 split a couple of years back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...oot-space.html

Last edited by Ramon : 11th February 2016 at 16:47.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 04:57   #2726
@KP
BHPian

Barely 2 months after I buy the car, I see the limited edition model as displayed at the Auto Expo and for a change it is stunning.... Especially love the all black interiors, gun metal alloys, maroon colour, seat covers

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/02/m...po-2016-215880
Old 19th February 2016, 19:24   #2727
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I read somewhere in the forum that Ertiga is based on New Swift platform. Wanted to know if that is the case with the Ertiga facelift 2015 as I am sure old Ertiga was based on Ritz (which was based on old Swift platform). Since there are hardly any changes in the mechanicals between the old version and the new facelift, is Suzuki continuing the old Swift platform for Ertiga?

Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2016, 05:58   #2728
BHPian

Never knew that Ertiga is so popular when i checked for zdi plus waiting period is 3 months in Bangalore .45 days for zdi and a month for vdi .
Old 3rd March 2016, 08:34   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Never knew that Ertiga is so popular when i checked for zdi plus waiting period is 3 months in Bangalore .45 days for zdi and a month for vdi .
ZDI+ comes with touch screen infotainment, so many people try to stretch little more and opt for this. I also did the same. Waited for 2 months and will take delivery on this Friday.
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:40   #2730
BHPian

Sorry to have missed this post; I was the one did 50-50 split third row seat at a local workshop.
Converting the single to 50-50 itself was difficult; but there was a slot for mounting seat base at the middle, which was originally meant for fixing the seat belts. For converting to 60-40 we may have to make additional mounting for this, making the job little more tough.

regarding the mechanism making the seat forward while folding: this is the very mechanism that gives more knee support in Ertiga; in folded condition it liberates more space for luggage and in upright position seat moves up giving more knee support ( its definitely better than competitors). The mechanism is complex with two movable joints compared to one in the simple mechanism. Only disadvantage is the reduction in 2nd row space when folded, which I was able to improve by reducing the seat back height in third row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
it would not have caused issues. Don't know why only the Ertiga has such a design.

The seat base is also split. So removal of seat on one side may be possible.

some one elsewhere on the forum who had done a 50:50 split a couple of years back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...oot-space.html

Last edited by vinodv001 : 3rd March 2016 at 12:42.
vinodv001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks