Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 14:29   #1501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na_sh View Post
Has anyone experienced excessive wind noise? These is a strange hissing soung originating from the ORVM's on speed above 100. Does adding door visors help in diverting the airflow?
The cabin feels pretty insulated otherwise.

Or else will have to seriously upgrade the stock speakers to overcome the wind noise.

I have experianced Wind noise whle Cruising in High ways at 80 KMPH in my Ertiga LDI.Checked my self the Door gap by Placing a Currency note between Door and Beeding , Comming out Easyly without offering much resistence.

Same test I Did with my Friend's (fellow BHPian) VW POLO GT TSI , found Clearence was good, Offering lot lof resistence to Pull the Currency Note out.

It Seems Gap in the Door causing the Wind noise in High Speeds.

Planning to Visit Dealer's Workshop next Week.

anybody came accross the same problem and got it rectified ,Pls Suggest The remedy.

I brought 2012 model Maruthi Ertiga LDi for 85K discount from Varun motors Hyderabad.Driving Since two Months , Except Wind Noise Satisfied with vehicle performance. Getting 16 KMPL in City and 21.60 on Highways.

Last edited by bblost : 19th October 2013 at 14:45.
phanikakarla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 16:27   #1502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanikakarla View Post

I have experianced Wind noise whle Cruising in High ways at 80 KMPH in my Ertiga LDI.Checked my self the Door gap by Placing a Currency note between Door and Beeding , Comming out Easyly without offering much resistence.

Same test I Did with my Friend's (fellow BHPian) VW POLO GT TSI , found Clearence was good, Offering lot lof resistence to Pull the Currency Note out.

It Seems Gap in the Door causing the Wind noise in High Speeds.

Planning to Visit Dealer's Workshop next Week.

anybody came accross the same problem and got it rectified ,Pls Suggest The remedy.

I brought 2012 model Maruthi Ertiga LDi for 85K discount from Varun motors Hyderabad.Driving Since two Months , Except Wind Noise Satisfied with vehicle performance. Getting 16 KMPL in City and 21.60 on Highways.
I too have experienced this wind noise on speeds above 100 kmph. Not irritating but can hear if no music is on
Old 20th October 2013, 17:24   #1503
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
By the way, I did not see much difference in the running and performance with mineral and synthetic oil. No objection to anyone, this is purely on my personal experience.
I have a similar opinion , I have always used mineral oil in my '08 Verna till date. The car is just a couple of thousand km away from the 90K mark and its in great shape.I personally prefer to take the vehicle for an oil change every 5k km which ensures that the minor issues are also addressed at regular intervals.We need to make sure that the recommended right grade is used every time.I know that many experts advice use of synthetic oil over mineral oil for the long term benefits and I respect their view.

Also a point to note as far as I know Toyota does not recommend the use synthetic oil and we know for a fact that this brand definitely has some of most reliable & long running engines in the market.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 21:48   #1504
Distinguished - BHPian

The LUV affair starts with the arrival of Ertiga Vdi on 16th Oct 2013. After a lot of research, Test drives, confusions, Ertiga was a winner for us considering the all round abilities and flexibility that it offered plus the ability as an excellent highway cruiser in comfort and space - Something that was my prime criteria.

On why I picked up the Vdi instead of the Zdi? More on that in my ownership review coming up in few days.

Thanks to this wonderful official review that I was able to match my requirements and decided on the Ertiga. Excellent ownership reviews by many Ertiga owners also helped immensely that I plan to cover in the review.

Drove to my hometown of Belur for usual Pooja at the Temple. Pic taken while it was parked opposite to our house in Belur which is next to the main temple.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-945205_10151733777594998_1718719699_n.jpg

Yes, That's a VDi with retrofit stock alloys of the Zdi!

Last edited by paragsachania : 20th October 2013 at 21:52.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 22:11   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The LUV affair starts with the arrival of Ertiga Vdi on 16th Oct 2013. After a lot of research, Test drives, confusions, Ertiga was a winner for us considering the all round abilities and flexibility that it offered plus the ability as an excellent highway cruiser in comfort and space - Something that was my prime criteria.

On why I picked up the Vdi instead of the Zdi? More on that in my ownership review coming up in few days.
Congratulations for your new car. .
Ertiga truly ticks most of the Indian buyers check lists. Looking forward for your ownership thread. Would love to see Ertiga's pictures with Beluru background. (It's Halebeedu - Beluru in Karnataka I presume)

Welcome to the Ertiga owners (Ertigans - Shall we say ?) Club on TBHP. .

Looks like it's raining Ertiga's here in TBHP.

Last edited by drkritik : 20th October 2013 at 22:14.
drkritik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 22:58   #1506
BHPian

congrats sir ..for the LUV.
Its the best VFM car now a days.
In my recent experience....i can vouch for the stability of the car.
Drive safe & Enjoy the ride.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 09:27   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Thanks to this wonderful official review that I was able to match my requirements and decided on the Ertiga. Excellent ownership reviews by many Ertiga owners also helped immensely that I plan to cover in the review.

Attachment 1155004

Yes, That's a VDi with retrofit stock alloys of the Zdi!
Congratulations Paragsachania. I have followed your Wagon R travels. Knowing you seems another long termer that has joined your garage.

The reasons that you choose Ertiga were the reasons I had - long journey, diesel engine, good GC, flexibility and of course reliability. For me the word reliability was supreme. I was ready to cut a cheque for XUV 5oo but the niggles took this potential customer away. Aria was in the horizon for a few hours only. Read the numerous horror stories on them both and we are a happier lot.

To me spending 2 days in a calendar year at a workshop is all I want - and that is the benchmark for me. I have spent 10 years with my Opel Corsa Sail and done cross country in it - and guess what no more than 15 odd days at workshop - regular service.

Maruti vehicles (and you of course are yourself a long termer) are reliable, easy on the wallet and the Ertiga makes a strong case for itself. The other very reliable vehicle is Innova. Though priced much higher but that vehicle also makes a strong case on reliability.

Congratulations on your purchase. We look forward to your ownership thread.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 15:28   #1508
BHPian

Apart from wind noise as some people have reported (can that be fixed or do we live with it?) I noticed few issues as follows & will get them checked during 1st service:

1. Loss of roadgrip & traction during braking on wet road at 85 kmph. Suspecting an ABS issue, but I cant replicate/ dont want to replicate the scenario!
2. Lack of throttle response at lower rpm such as 1300 rpm. Is this due to turbo lag?
3. Gear shifting not smooth & comfortable between 3rd to 4th gears & neutral to 1st & vice versa

Inputs are much appreciated.
Old 25th October 2013, 01:16   #1509
BHPian

I never owned any Diesel vehicle but I own a petrol hatchback (swift). I wanted to know what would happen to a diesel car (Ertiga, in this case) , if it is kept unused for nearly 2-3 months due to some unavoidable reasons ? I had kept my petrol car in that condition for 3 months when i was out of india. But when i came back, everything was working perfectly including the battery. Does a diesel car work like that or we need to use it quite regularly ?
Old 25th October 2013, 07:34   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
I never owned any Diesel vehicle but I own a petrol hatchback (swift). I wanted to know what would happen to a diesel car (Ertiga, in this case) , if it is kept unused for nearly 2-3 months due to some unavoidable reasons ? I had kept my petrol car in that condition for 3 months when i was out of india. But when i came back, everything was working perfectly including the battery. Does a diesel car work like that or we need to use it quite regularly ?
If proper precaution is taken, then even diesel cars can be left unattended for extended period of time. The only issue that could crop up is battery drainage. Hence it would be advisable to disconnect the positive terminal of your battery if your car is going to remain idle for a month or more. Also overinflate all the 4 tyres (by 5-6 psi more than the recommended).
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 08:10   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
I was out for 2 months and my SWIFT D was standing in the parking.

Below is the list of things of did.
1. Disconnect the battery
2. Maintain diesel as it is.
3. Inflated the tyres to 40 Psi.
4. Inserted an edition of news paper between the windshield and wiper blades.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 17:09   #1512
BHPian

I am using a rear view camera connected to worldtech LCD monitor. The monitor also has provision to add one more camera. I have added an additional camera below the left rear view mirror looking forward and the image is viewable in the LCD monitor. This additional camera image can be viewed in V1 where as rear camera view is viewable in V2.
Here are the photos of the actual view from outside the car, driver's view, image of the scene on the monitor. The advantage of using this arrangement is it gives a good view of left corner of the front bumper which is very difficult to visualise even for experienced drivers. Takes the guessing out of the game! Hope this helps some more people. Interested can PM me for more details.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20131026_151128s.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20131026_151057s.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20131026_151019s.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20131026_151205s.jpg  

lark63 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 21:41   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
The advantage of using this arrangement is it gives a good view of left corner of the front bumper which is very difficult to visualise even for experienced drivers. Takes the guessing out of the game! Hope this helps some more people. Interested can PM me for more details.
Very good accessory . Left side front corner of a car is an absolute blind corner for the driver & prone to many scratches/dents etc. This camera is going to serve as a boon for those tight corners & gullies. But how are you going to make sure that this camera remains safe from prying eyes. Unlike the rear view camera, which is concealed (under the bumper/number plate), this camera is quite visible.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 26th October 2013 at 21:42.
Old 26th October 2013, 22:10   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Very good accessory . Left side front corner of a car is an absolute blind corner for the driver & prone to many scratches/dents etc. This camera is going to serve as a boon for those tight corners & gullies. But how are you going to make sure that this camera remains safe from prying eyes. Unlike the rear view camera, which is concealed (under the bumper/number plate), this camera is quite visible.
Nothing much can be done. The housing holding the camera is fixed to the RV mirror fixture bottom plate. Even when the thief manages to open all these, he can only steal the camera by cutting the wire since the connectors go all the way inside. Cutting the wire will render the camera worthless. I am just hoping that nobody will take all that trouble.
lark63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 22:29   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
I am using a rear view camera connected to worldtech LCD monitor. The monitor also has provision to add one more camera. I have added an additional camera below the left rear view mirror looking forward.
This is indeed great and futuristic. I bet Hyundai will soon incorporate this in one of their cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks