Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 17:14   #46
BHPian

Re: Hyundai I20: Comprehensive Review

Great review Sidd !

I have booked a white Sportz this week and should be getting delivery before end of month.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:32   #47
BHPian

Thanks Sid Great review,
I have bought Maharaja Red Sportz CRDI, and drove it for 650+ KMS.

I have been driving Fiat Palio S10 since 8 years, and have decided to retain it as our secondary drive.

I love I20 for several things, and dont for some, and I am certain that I cant compare it with my Fiat, and dont even want to as both of them are bought by us for different purposes the way they are built too.

I like its
  1. Quiet Cabin
  2. Brakes, Brakes & Brakes
  3. New Front looks
  4. Milege -18.5 with 110% A/C on (30% City 60% Highway 10% Idle A/C)
  5. Great power delivery on Highway + 6th gear
  6. Light EPS with Ease of drive & Parking (This is for my Wife)
  7. Decent Leg room, Cabin Ambience, Boot
  8. Smooth Drive
I dont like its
  1. Pathetic City drive ( May be I am spoiled by my S10)
  2. A/C for rear passengers is a complain I got, but if vents are adjusted properly, it was fine. Need to get used to its adujustments
  3. Boot Lock is open when door locks are open, I dont feel it to be safe
  4. ..... will fill this if I start not to like something
On Highways, it surely behaves different with EPS, and I am certain not to expect it to be like my Palio S10, and at the same time I was not worried a bit to push it to 140+, and taking some turns at same speed. I was so confident with the way it was cruzing , I doubt its speedo for errors when I was doing 140+ (pun intedended), and was not worried to push it further, and needless to worry about its braking, 4 discs do great job.

All in all, I am Uber happy with it, my expectations are exeeded.
naveen.kk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 15:13   #48
BHPian

Great review Sid ! every single aspect of the car in terms of technical to luxury has been brought out so comprehensively.
One question though, does any one have a feedback on the rear seats ? I checked them and I felt them to be quite upright as compared to other cars which are little more inclined.
How are they on the long drive ?
Old 30th April 2012, 15:54   #49
BHPian

Congrats on your new drive naveen.
How is the steering feedback in the highways? Are you satisfied with it? I heard the steering is still light as it was in the older version.
Optimus7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 20:36   #50
BHPian

Great review Sid. But I was looking for 1.4 AT review as well since we have booked Maharaja Red 1.4 AT Sportz to replace aging Santro. Did any one on T-BHP booked auto or not yet?
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:53   #51
BHPian

Hey Sid

Great review man!

Anyways, I own a 2011 model, i20 CRDi magna (6 speed ) and I am not happy with the suspension.

Any idea whether the new i20's suspension can be shoe-horned into mine for better handling? Would be very happy if this materialises !

Guys, can you throw some light on this pls?

Cheers !
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:36   #52
BHPian

Take off the H badge and this could maybe qualify as a review for a new Toyota hatch (saw a couple of pics with a Toyota showroom in the background).
I liked the location of the reverse cam the most. Pretty neat!
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Hey Sid

Great review man!

Anyways, I own a 2011 model, i20 CRDi magna (6 speed ) and I am not happy with the suspension.

Any idea whether the new i20's suspension can be shoe-horned into mine for better handling? Would be very happy if this materialises !

Guys, can you throw some light on this pls?

Cheers !
Instead of that, you can go in for after market suspensions like Bilstein or something (provided you are ok with the warranty being voided). It could give you better results. Also a tyre change can make it better.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Instead of that, you can go in for after market suspensions like Bilstein or something (provided you are ok with the warranty being voided). It could give you better results. Also a tyre change can make it better.
Hi Shiva
Yea, Bilstein is under consideration, but as you said the warranty matter is bothering me. Let's see how things turn out.
I've changed my tyres from OE Apollo Amazer 14" to Bridgestone 14". This has substantially improved the ride and handling. But still, I'm not getting any road feedback !
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:18   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shiva
Yea, Bilstein is under consideration, but as you said the warranty matter is bothering me. Let's see how things turn out.
I've changed my tyres from OE Apollo Amazer 14" to Bridgestone 14". This has substantially improved the ride and handling. But still, I'm not getting any road feedback !
That is because of the lousy steering which feels like its disconnected. It has no feedback whatsoever. Its very good for the city but for highways you need to get "used" to that feedback and thats not a very good thing. There is nothing you can do about the steering.
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:53   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shiva
My friend owns an i20 for the past 3 years, now he has gotten used to the steering and has no complaints whatsoever with its feedback.
Now he is complaining that my Fiesta's steering is like a truck.
Optimus7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus7 View Post
My friend owns an i20 for the past 3 years, now he has gotten used to the steering and has no complaints whatsoever with its feedback.
Now he is complaining that my Fiesta's steering is like a truck.
I am a Hyundai Owner too & have drived the Santro Xing & i10 (both versions), & can confirm that the steering of these cars is light, but when I drove the Fiesta (now Classic), it wasn't exactly a truck like steering. It is simply too direct & good for high speed driving (inspires confidence). Your friend's comments appear simple exaggeration to me or he is too weak physically.

BTW, Beat or Tata have even lighter steering than a Hyundai.
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:02   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I am a Hyundai Owner too & have drived the Santro Xing & i10 (both versions), & can confirm that the steering of these cars is light, but when I drove the Fiesta (now Classic), it wasn't exactly a truck like steering. It is simply too direct & good for high speed driving (inspires confidence). Your friend's comments appear simple exaggeration to me or he is too weak physically.

BTW, Beat or Tata have even lighter steering than a Hyundai.
I am not a fan of light steering. Fiesta's steering feedback is one of the best. My friend's comment was a sarcastic one . My point was, i20 owner's will get used to the light steering soon enough.
Old 4th May 2012, 12:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Beat or Tata have even lighter steering than a Hyundai.
I guess, you are talking about Beat Diesel(EPS). By the way Beat petrol has got excellent HPS.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 08:43   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Hi Shiva

Bilstein does not have suspension upgrades for i20 as of now.
Looks like I've got to check out with other aftermarket suspension guys.
Any idea about guys who offer upgrades for i20?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks