Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 17:16   #76
BHPian

Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraddict View Post
Thanks for sharing! So looks like you have joined the two PCBs taping them together and then connected it to the female socket. I will try this as well.
Taping was done only to keep the poles away from touching each other due to what so ever reasons. I actually soldered them and then taped them. I would suggest soldering them any day.
Old 8th May 2012, 23:23   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hi that is one cool Figo you have there. I am going to book a Figo Titanium TDCI in black soon, as now I am totally convinced that the black is the best color for a Figo.
Old 18th August 2012, 00:51   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Taping was done only to keep the poles away from touching each other due to what so ever reasons. I actually soldered them and then taped them. I would suggest soldering them any day.
Hey KingofmyWorld, Where in Hyderabad did you get the Dynamat's done? How much did you pay for each Door kit? How's the worksmanship?

I need to get Dynamats done for my Verna but am getting scared if anything else gets screwed in the whole process.
Old 18th August 2012, 12:43   #79
BHPian

That's one smoking Figo you have. Looks very enticing in black. Good job with maintenance so far.

Do you stock both 14" and 15" tyres in your garage? Don't you think that will affect you steering geometry, odo error everytime you switch?
Old 20th August 2012, 21:44   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Hey KingofmyWorld, Where in Hyderabad did you get the Dynamat's done? How much did you pay for each Door kit? How's the worksmanship?

I need to get Dynamats done for my Verna but am getting scared if anything else gets screwed in the whole process.
I got it done at indian D'cars jubilee hills. Workmanship is good and nothing went wrong till date. Got it done on 6 cars on the whole personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
That's one smoking Figo you have. Looks very enticing in black. Good job with maintenance so far.

Do you stock both 14" and 15" tyres in your garage? Don't you think that will affect you steering geometry, odo error everytime you switch?
Yup, I stock both 14" and 15" and I keep switching them as and when required. Steering geometry never went wrong till date, I get balancing and alignment every 3 months and till date I dint see any errors in balancing or alignment.

Yes, The odo gives lil error but that's not really an issue which you should be bothered about. It might make 1% error in the long run. It really doesn't make any difference to me. I'm absolutely fine with it
Old 28th December 2012, 05:25   #81
BHPian

A Quick 20,000Kms update :

Done with 20k kms exactly on the first birthday. Got the 3rd service done. No issues with the car. Everythign runs as they are supposed to run. 3rd service was done in a couple of hours. It was quick I must say.

I'm planning to add more bulbs to the tail lamps. There are 2 empty slots in the tail lamps. wondering what type are the holders. Any pointers any one?
Old 28th December 2012, 08:30   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to add more bulbs to the tail lamps. There are 2 empty slots in the tail lamps. wondering what type are the holders. Any pointers any one?
Congrats on your 20k kms run and that too on her Birthday.

Last week when I got Roots Windtone installed, I asked the electrician on filling blank tail lamps. If you notice properly, there are 3 empty slots, I wanted one parking, one braking and another as Fog lamp(there is provision on head lamp switch knob for rear fog on/off)

He said he need to make hole and put any holder and acccomodate, brake lamp and parking lamp. But for fog lamp, he was bit hesitant for running a wire all the way from switch to rear lamp.

I have postponed this as of now as I am afraid that this much lights would looks like a decorated Chrismas Tree. I might have lost electrical warranty on 6 month old car for installing windtones and relay.

Meanwhile, how much did they charge for 3rd service?

Last edited by HighOctane : 28th December 2012 at 08:34.
Old 20th July 2014, 00:21   #83
BHPian

Ok i've been dormant for a while. Here's a quick update.

Donkey is 44,498 kms old now. Heres something that ive added an hour ago. Puddle lights n courtesy lamps.

Old 11th October 2014, 19:54   #84
BHPian

50k kms Update. DieselTronics - 15" wheels upsize -Flip key - bringing it back to life.

A quick update on what happened in the recent past.

1. Car still feels and runs as good as new. Had some scratches on the front bumper so got the bumper repainted.
2. DieselTronics added.
3. Flip key added.
4. New set of yokohama S drive 15" wheels.
5. Puddle lamps and courtesy lamps added.

Soon after getting the yokos, around 150 kms after the tyre change, one of the tyre's side wall gave up. You can see the damage in the picture below.

Dieseltronics is something that I'm loving it!

Puddle lamps and courtesy lamps are very very very helpful for somebody like me who works in the night and usually end up parking in a dark parking spot.

Ill let the pics do the talking now.

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-img_2064.jpg

Silver side mirror covers. Just a personal preference.

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-img_2076.jpg

Took hours to clean the engine bay and get it to look like this.

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-img_2067.jpg

Looks awful with the spare wheel.

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-img_20031.jpg

This is where it gave up. 150 kms is too less for a Tyre to give up.

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-img_20041.jpg

Share the garage with my civic.

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-img_19661.jpg

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-img_18051.jpg

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-img_16341.jpg
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 21:03   #85
Senior - BHPian

Car looks great at 50 K! Kudos to you.

How much did you pay for the puddle lamps and courtesy lamps? And what happened to your plans to augment your headlamps?

I am planning for a remap or race chip soon. Do let me know how the RD box has improved your drive.
Old 12th October 2014, 06:58   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Car looks great at 50 K! Kudos to you.

How much did you pay for the puddle lamps and courtesy lamps? And what happened to your plans to augment your headlamps?

I am planning for a remap or race chip soon. Do let me know how the RD box has improved your drive.

Thanks vnabhi.

Puddle lamps was a diy and i paid a little over 700 for lights, wiring and tape.

Rd box doesnt make the figo a super car but the 0-100 is much quicker. Throttle response is sharper and gearshifts are pretty less now. A worthy upgrade i must say.
Old 4th January 2017, 17:56   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vnabhi.

Puddle lamps was a diy and i paid a little over 700 for lights, wiring and tape.

Rd box doesnt make the figo a super car but the 0-100 is much quicker. Throttle response is sharper and gearshifts are pretty less now. A worthy upgrade i must say.
That's some nice mods in your figo.
I would like to know where from you got your arm rest and how much did it cost?
Any feedback on 15" wheels for highway cruising?

Most Viewed