Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:48   #106
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review - P.R.I.C.I.N.G. ? ? ?

Folks,

Take a look at the pricing. Comparing the New Dzire with the New Swift here's what I observed.
  • Swift vs Dzire, variant to variant
VXi and ZXi variants of Dzire look expensive (read less VFM) than the rest. Refer the first table in the image. Highlighted in RED.
  • Swift Petrol vs Swift Diesel, variant to variant
LDi and VDi look expensive (read less VFM) than ZDi. Refer the first part of the second table in the image. Highlighted in RED.
  • Dzire Petrol vs Dzire Diesel, variant to variant
VDi and ZDi look less expensive (read more VFM) than LDi. Refer the second part of the second table in the image. Highlighted in BLUE.
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-pricing.jpg

Location sensitive Pricing
:

Another point to note is that the price in Bangalore is the same (more or less) as that in Delhi for the new Dzire. Generally this has not been the case with Maruti and most other manufactureres who don't have a manufacturing setup in the south. Pointed the same to the SA at a leading showroom here, he is all at sea.

Thanks,
C_
Coolman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:16   #107
BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Take that cornered boot-lid off the car and it will look like a premium hatchback with plenty of bootspace.(tried to blacken it with MS-Paint).

Anyone modding?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-marutidzire02.jpg  

DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:47   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
Take a look at the pricing. Comparing the New Dzire with the New Swift here's what I observed.
Nice chart! Maruti is milking the customers! 1.2L premium for a Diesel version! That's atrocious! And the L variant look quite sensible for an upgrade of sedan over the hatch.
Old 4th February 2012, 01:18   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Take that cornered boot-lid off the car and it will look like a premium hatchback with plenty of bootspace.(tried to blacken it with MS-Paint).

Anyone modding?
Dude,

very imaginative indeed !!!

I looked at the pic before I saw your post ; and for a moment,I thought this is another variant of the DZire.

I think the New DZire would have been better off as a Semi notchback with the rear glass sporting a slightly lesser slope(to increase "boot" space)
Old 4th February 2012, 09:57   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anyone modding?
dude, your rendering looks great. Wonder if maruti lifts this design off tem-bhp
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 10:09   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nice chart! Maruti is milking the customers! 1.2L premium for a Diesel version! That's atrocious! And the L variant look quite sensible for an upgrade of sedan over the hatch.
Recently there have been reports on some leading TV news channels that govt is planning to levy hefty tax in the upcoming budget on diesel personal vehicles to offset diesel subsidy since dual pricing of diesel isn't practical.

If that happens and say a tax of Rs 50000 is imposed on such cars the diesel option would be priced out of range, unless car manufacturer's offset it a little.

I think the new swift Dzire is the best bet in petrol entry level sedans as far as price and value for money is concerned as it is having good interiors fantastic FE (unlike competitors) and decent price. But the same can't be said for Diesel option as Manza and verito have better VFM.
Old 4th February 2012, 10:09   #112
Senior - BHPian

That is one tight looking car. It really stretches the meaning of the word Sedan. Suddenly the old Dzire looks very promising. Not that it matters coz like most things maruti , this will sell too.
Old 4th February 2012, 10:35   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
dude, your rendering looks great. Wonder if maruti lifts this design off tem-bhp
Thanks Goandude, but if that happens, then it would be a variant of the Swift than the Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post

If that happens and say a tax of Rs 50000 is imposed on such cars the diesel option would be priced out of range, unless car manufacturer's offset it a little.
The additional excise duty proposed by the Oil Minister is actually Rs.80,000/-. Lets wait for the Union Budget to see if the Finance Minister is going to approve it.
Old 4th February 2012, 11:31   #114
BANNED

Quote:

Anyone modding?
That's the design I would have wanted the New Dzire to sport. But then all the bookings of the Swift would've got transferred to the Dzire. Perhaps Maruti wanted to make Dzire look just smart but not smart enough.3 years down this is what they might do to impart new look to Dzire.
Old 4th February 2012, 13:53   #115

Quote:
Wonder how a person hoping for large boot will settle for a cut-up version of the boot, almost half in size (?).
My thoughts exactly - It defeats the whole purpose of buying the sedan when hatchback version is available for much less. Something also worth mentioning there are some hatchbacks in the market which equal or a touch less boot space.
Old 4th February 2012, 15:48   #116
BHPian

Had an opportunity to look at the dzire in flesh. Only Vxi was on display.
The car looks better integrated with the boot than the previous dzire, though the abrupt ending of the boot will take time to digest. They should have rather worked on giving a full sized boot purely for better looks.

The interiors seem several notches up and a lot more airy thanks to beige. The fake wooden touch on the dash looks classy though I am never a fan of wooden finishes. Rear space is definitely better than the previous Dzire. Unlike GTO facing an issue of the shin hitting against the dash, I had no such issues and I am almost 6 ft. I guess it is to do with the position of the seat as well.

Now for the biggest aspect on boot space; I agree it is lesser than the previous version, but will not be a deal breaker as I found pretty decent space for a small family for their weekend get away. I think too much is being made on the lack of space and my sense as indicated by several other on lookers in the showroom was that is definitely not bad.

Now for the deal breakers for those looking at the diesel variants.
Ldi waiting period close to 4 months, Vdi 5 months and Zdi almost 6 months. Can't understand why people would want to wait for 6 months for a car!
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 17:16   #117
BHPian

I went out to check the Swift Dzire 2012 and was impressed, I had test driven Figo, Etios, Brio, Punto, Swift earlier. The new Swift Dzire comes out as the most practical of the lot, has a bigger boot than all, had the second best rear legspace and was more modern (especially over Figo and Etios).

I made an impulsive booking for an Arctic White Swift Dzire Vdi and I have been promised delivery within 3 months ,most probably within 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Now for the deal breakers for those looking at the diesel variants.
Ldi waiting period close to 4 months, Vdi 5 months and Zdi almost 6 months. Can't understand why people would want to wait for 6 months for a car!
The sales person in Popular motors, Velachery informed me that the the new Dzire bookings are lower than the older dzires and hence the waiting period should not be very high as you have quoted.
cruiser_1982 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 21:45   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post

The sales person in Popular motors, Velachery informed me that the the new Dzire bookings are lower than the older dzires and hence the waiting period should not be very high as you have quoted.
I don't know about Chennai, but I stay in gurgaon. The dealer had clear indications on a board stating the various models and the corresponding waiting periods and I am only quoting from that.
Old 4th February 2012, 22:10   #119
BHPian

Gotta give it to Maruti for creating a boot uglier than what we thought was the ugliest! Also, gotta give it to Maruti for it's uncanny ability to figure out what Indian customer really wants - just look at the astounding numbers the new relatively 'impractical' swift is churning out.

New DZire will be lapped up by
  • Many folks looking for a spacious hatch will settle for this 'sedan' from Maruti.
  • Those who really don't need space but still want to buy a sedan for the snob value they associate it with. A 'sedan' at this price point, that too from Maruti, is an unbeatable proposition.
In the burgeoning Indian middle class, I'm sure there would be many such takers for new DZire. Many wouldn't care, or even know, that it's a 'compact' sedan. Some folks I know can't make out an Indigo CS from a normal Indigo. Maruti may really have read Indian psyche very well here.

From practical standpoint, Jazz beats new DZire hollow. Alas, it doesn't have either a diesel mill or economy variants. In the meantime, this DZire may even create a new market segment through Maruti's brand power. The likes of Etios/Manza must be keenly observing the developments.

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 4th February 2012 at 22:16.
Old 5th February 2012, 02:17   #120
BHPian

I had almost booked the figo titanium diesel and was supposed to get the car on the 1st February.Then one of my known people actually my chartered accountant who owns a maruti dealership and suggested me to have a look at the new dzire and told me that he would give me a silver vdi immediately.I checked the car and was impressed by the interior and thus changed my mind.Now just waiting for the delivery on the 6th.
I hope i made the right decision.

Most Viewed