Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 17:21   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
SM replied, Just see it once, Its a good car, has better Interiors, all in all better than previous Dzire & even better part what he said was that, If I want that car, I can get the same in a lesser time i.e roughly within a Month.
I said Ok. But I want the same shade & same variant as Swift i.e White New Dzire ZDi.

SM said, Ok sir.
Can't believe you fell for it! Dzire had huge waiting periods when it was launched and there was NO way a piece could have been delivered in 1 month's time, especially a white one.

Quote:
Even a Complaint with Toll free Maruti number & Regional centre, Chandigarh was unable to fetch any better results.
Have you shot a mail or called them up? Infact regional office is the one which can make a difference; if they have NOT responded, I am NOT sure what can be done next. In my case, they were super responsive and I have seen the same in my friends cases too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I just noticed that there is no rear washer/wiper even as an option on the top variant.
Added cost! Though it's ideal to have, I don't think many people demand it. Add to it, conventionally no one offers this in sedan segment, so why bother. If I am not wrong, Viva was an exception [Did one version of Octavia also have rear wiper?]
Old 21st March 2012, 22:04   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Can't believe you fell for it! Dzire had huge waiting periods when it was launched and there was NO way a piece could have been delivered in 1 month's time, especially a white one.
The new official wait time (from what I saw at Popular in Chennai) for Dzire ZDI is 2 month and for the Swift ZDI is 3 months.
Old 21st March 2012, 23:13   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
The new official wait time (from what I saw at Popular in Chennai) for Dzire ZDI is 2 month and for the Swift ZDI is 3 months.
Got to read that from some one else too. But the bhpian who changed his booking did that just after the launch of Dzire. Am sure it would NOT have been this low at that time. When the previous gen Dzire stopped production, there was quite some waiting period [~6 months I guess].

Between, are there cancellations happening for the new Dzire? I see a sudden drop in waiting periods? Are they able to clear off the backlogs so quickly? It's nice to see the waiting period coming down so quickly! Any idea what is the waiting period for VDi variants for Swift & Dzire?
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:52   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I just noticed that there is no rear washer/wiper even as an option on the top variant. Considering the small size of the boot, won't the dust settle on the rear windshield during long highway drives?

It struck me when I saw an Accent Viva today, which had a rear wiper due to the smaller boot.
The Viva was launched as a semi notchback.

Actually the washer and wiper is required only on hatchbacks as some of the muddy water thrown up by the wheels settles on the rear windscreen - and that hampers visibility.

Sedans don't face this issue and a defogger would do the job to demist the screen and aid visibility.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:14   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Got to read that from some one else too. But the bhpian who changed his booking did that just after the launch of Dzire. Am sure it would NOT have been this low at that time. When the previous gen Dzire stopped production, there was quite some waiting period [~6 months I guess].

Between, are there cancellations happening for the new Dzire? I see a sudden drop in waiting periods? Are they able to clear off the backlogs so quickly? It's nice to see the waiting period coming down so quickly! Any idea what is the waiting period for VDi variants for Swift & Dzire?
The waiting period displayed in Popular showroom is the minimum and for the Silver color of the respective Variant.
I was the one who cancelled Brio and booked the Dzire on 15th Feb...
While booking I was told that 2 weeks is the waiting (it was also written in the white board in Popular Showroom, Annanagar) and that I will get my car in March 1st week. However, I was later informed that it is true for White/Silver models and since I asked for Pacific Blue, I was told in Feb end that I would get it only by March 15.
Today is March 22nd and I am yet to get the car - that too a Petrol. The vehicle was despatched on 14th from the plant and I would be getting the car only on 28/29th march, thereby the waiting period comes to 1.5 months.
I am sure you wont get a diesel Dzire in 2 months.
So my request to you all out there is pl. dont go by what is displayed in the Showroom. It would be safe to add one month to the no. mentioned there.

BTW, I was also informed by sources that there are a lot of people who are shifting to Dzire from Swift.
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:02   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti seems to have efficiently managed the inventory of the DZire. I see a lot on the roads and 2 months for ZDi is amazing.

But no BHPian is in the mood to shift their booking from the Swift to the DZire I guess. And I understand that completely.

I see the DZire Z variants come with Goodyear Duraplus from factory. How does it compare to the MRF ZVTV on the Swift?
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:32   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

But no BHPian is in the mood to shift their booking from the Swift to the DZire I guess. And I understand that completely.
I did and I am very happy with the decision.
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:39   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Read below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhuG View Post
BTW, I was also informed by sources that there are a lot of people who are shifting to Dzire from Swift.
The main reason for the switch is the size itself I guess. New Dzire is pretty compact and would NOT require too much effort to park. Am sure this gives a much more spacious feel due to beige interiors, better boot space and comfortable ride as well.
Old 22nd March 2012, 18:37   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti seems to have efficiently managed the inventory of the DZire. I see a lot on the roads and 2 months for ZDi is amazing.

I see the DZire Z variants come with Goodyear Duraplus from factory. How does it compare to the MRF ZVTV on the Swift?
I am ok to swap my swift booking for the Dzire if they can deliver it to me earlier than the Swift. Except for the cost, the car is not much longer than a swift, has a better ride at the rear and brighter interiors. Was told by the SE that the wait time quoted at Popular was for the time for allotment and not delivery.

As for the Duraplus, I have seen a lot of Swift ZDI with them as well. Per the tyre experts in this forum, Duraplus should be better than the MRF ZVTV and on par/better than Bridgestone B250s.
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:41   #280
Senior - BHPian

My bad. I went overboard with a gross generalization there.

A couple of my friends are still waiting for the Swift and not budging for the DZire. But a very interesting insight nonetheless.

Quote:
As for the Duraplus, I have seen a lot of Swift ZDI with them as well. Per the tyre experts in this forum, Duraplus should be better than the MRF ZVTV and on par/better than Bridgestone B250s.
Good to know that. Also, the tread on Duraplus look better.

Last edited by deetjohn : 22nd March 2012 at 23:42. Reason: typo
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:19   #281
BHPian

Quote:
But the dealer suggested the already running Waiting period for my Swift will add up for the Dzire & Overall I'll get the latter relatively earlier.
But sadly, this doesn't happened even till now on 23/03/12.

Quote:
Have you shot a mail or called them up?
Have complained at Maruti Helpline 1800-1800-180 again, last week.
They've gave me just Complaint No. & Assurance, but No results so far.
Regional Office guys also does not like to pick the phone either.
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:33   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have complained at Maruti Helpline 1800-1800-180 again, last week. They've gave me just Complaint No. & Assurance, but No results so far.Regional Office guys also does not like to pick the phone either.
Normal helpline doesn't help you much other than getting the dealer to call you up immediately. I suggest you keep trying regional office and when they pick up, ask them to transfer to "sales" division. Once you get to talk to some one from that team, things will move faster.
Old 23rd March 2012, 18:19   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Normal helpline doesn't help you much other than getting the dealer to call you up immediately. I suggest you keep trying regional office and when they pick up, ask them to transfer to "sales" division. Once you get to talk to some one from that team, things will move faster.
They said they revert this Information to the Regional Office, Chandigarh.
Even they also gave me the Contact no. of them, even called them for the first time in Jan2012 & asked them for my car allotment & tried to convince them with the Excuse that, 'Give me my car sooner or else I'm going for Hyundai i20' but unexpectedly they said you can go for that car, if you can wish.

But contacting them last week fetched no results till to date.

So, I'm totally helpless now, as every Contact option to the Maruti Suzuki failed & the foolish Maruti Suzuki dealer is sending Apology letter every Fortnight.
& My Initial Ownership experience is even spoiled by Post-Budget Price rise.
Can team-bhp help me in anyway ??

Or else Only option for me is to consider upcoming New fluidic i20, if I doesn't gets any response from Maruti Suzuki till upcoming week.
Old 23rd March 2012, 18:46   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Or else Only option for me is to consider upcoming New fluidic i20, if I doesn't gets any response from Maruti Suzuki till upcoming week.
Has the Fluidic i20 been launched?
Old 23rd March 2012, 23:58   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhuG View Post
Has the Fluidic i20 been launched?
Not yet.
Its expected launch is in 1st week of April2012.
Hyundai dealers have already started accepting bookings for it, so will place a booking for it in last week of March, if I don't gets any response from Maruti Suzuki in coming week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks