Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 19:04   #226
BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

I considered the original dzire a really stupid car but the current one is much improved piece of work. I would still not be interested in it relative to the swift, but it got my attention because of the automatic. My wife has an i10 Asta auto that we bought because it has auto, airbags, and ABS. Unfortunately, its very short of room for my 6'3" body. Since the swift has adequate room, I thought the new dzire with the automatic would do the job for us.

But I see that the dzire AT will not have airbags.

So thats that.
Old 7th March 2012, 19:21   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar
he did ;t felt safe in the car above 80
Could you share more details on the "not feeling safe above 80" part ? What is it that exactly gives the unsafe feeling ? Handling ? Brakes ? And talking of brakes, which version did he TD, since L & V versions seem to have mediocre brakes ?
Old 8th March 2012, 10:35   #228
BHPian

Dear friends, Yesterday I got my DZIRE VDI delivery. I drove for about 20 KM and found that the engine is getting heated up very fast. Please find attached screenshot. The needle is almost at the middle. Is it common in DZIRE or do you think it needs some checkup? Appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-photo.jpg  

Old 8th March 2012, 11:35   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
I drove for about 20 KM and found that the engine is getting heated up very fast. Please find attached screenshot. The needle is almost at the middle.
I think the needle is supposed to be in the middle within about 2-5km of running. That's how it is in my Punto which uses basically the same engine. I think you should not be worried unless the needle starts inching upwards of the half-way mark towards the red zone.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 12:10   #230
Senior - BHPian

Temp needle at middle of C & H is normal for most cars. It is only when it inches towards H that you need to worry.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 16:36   #231
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. As others have commented it is perfectly normal for the engine temperature to be in the halfway mark after driving for about 5 km's or so. It happens the same way in the earlier swift too and it is the optimum operating temperature of DDIS. Nothing to worry, just enjoy your new car.

Quote:
Dear friends, Yesterday I got my DZIRE VDI delivery. I drove for about 20 KM and found that the engine is getting heated up very fast. Please find attached screenshot. The needle is almost at the middle.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 18:53   #232

I don't have much idea on cars, need a diesel car because of my regular usage in city touches close to 100km per day now and hence the upgrade from my Wagon R. I like the New Dzire and don't really want go out of Maruti family. In Kolkata, I didn't find a single VDI available for Dzire and all dealers said it's a 20 weeks waiting. I only found couple of LDI readily available.

Now does it make any sense to wait for 20 weeks (or even more that I don't know) for the VDI or should I take LDI and fit few things like central lock/power window which makes some sense? Is there anything in VDI for which a waiting for 20 weeks with chances of price hike should be acceptable?

Just need your opinions as I don't know why only LDIs are available (though very few and not in all colors) but dealer can't even say anything on VDIs availability.

Also my Wagon-R Vxi was 2007 Dec made, 2008 Jan registered, well maintained, clocked 30K as earlier my regular drive was hardly 20/25km, I am getting a price of 1.95L from Maruti TV. Is this price good?

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 8th March 2012, 21:47   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The needle is almost at the middle. Is it common in DZIRE or do you think it needs some checkup?
NOT only in Dzire, all cars with diesel engines should have the needle in the middle for optimum performance & FE. Another point is that, please revv your engine hard & beyond 2000 rpm ONLY after the engine has reached optimum temperature. Revving hard or spooling turbo before it reaches that temperature can harm your turbo / engine. So please be easy with your car when it's cold and wait for 4-5 kms to warm up!
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 13:18   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends, Yesterday I got my DZIRE VDI delivery. I drove for about 20 KM and found that the engine is getting heated up very fast. Please find attached screenshot. The needle is almost at the middle. Is it common in DZIRE or do you think it needs some checkup? Appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.
Yes, its a Normal feature & it basically Indicates a Optimum temprature range for the Working of its engine & related parts.

However, Initially it'll get heated a bit more & much sooner than needed, even you'll feel a typical Plasticky smell & more heat coming from its Bonnet, but it's Normal & will automatically disappear a you clock more & more Miles or to be very precise -Its Run-In-Period of ~1-2k kms.
All this is due is due to its New & Tight fitting parts, which will settle down to their normal position within first 4-5k kms.

So don't worry & have a Happy Mile munching ahead.
Goodluck

On the other hand, Just waiting for your New Dzire's Ownership thread in Test Drives & Initial Ownership section.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 9th March 2012 at 13:20. Reason: Text addition
Old 9th March 2012, 21:34   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
he did ;t felt safe in the car above 80 . .
I differ here with you. I have owned swift since last 6 years and now have booked a Dzire. One thing I can say for sure these are safest cars in terms of handling and speed. Have driven my swift till 150kmph on many occassions and the car is rock solid. Unfortunately once on Highway at 120 kmph I met with a very bad situation and was able to survive only because I was in Swift.

As regards New Dzire I have driven the test drive vehicle ZXi till 135 kmph and it was absolutely stable and no problems per se. I mean thats what you can expect from a 6-7 Lakh car in this segment.

We cant expect a stability like Skoda or Volkswagen in the Dzire, but its definitely not life threatening
Old 10th March 2012, 00:28   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
I differ here with you. I have owned swift since last 6 years and now have booked a Dzire. One thing I can say for sure these are safest cars in terms of handling and speed. Have driven my swift till 150kmph on many occassions and the car is rock solid.
May I know the product variant & tyres on your Swift?

Also please note that the new Dzire has a slightly more softened suspension and body roll is comparatively more than the Swift as per reports.
Old 10th March 2012, 12:34   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
May I know the product variant & tyres on your Swift?

Also please note that the new Dzire has a slightly more softened suspension and body roll is comparatively more than the Swift as per reports.
My Swift is VXi and it earlier had the stock JK 165-80R14 Tyres which are really bad. When these tyres were new I had done till 130kmph and the car didnt had any issues in terms of stability. Over this speed it had some vibrations.

Now have upgraded to Michelin 185-70R14 and there is no issues with this car post the upgrade. The stability has increased very much post this upgrade.

As regards the Dzire though the suspension is softened for normal use they are perfect I suppose. We would not use it for Rally driving for everyday Office Drive and Highway drives its fine. Now Dzire comes with MRF ZVTS which is much better than the JK Ones.

The only thing I dont like about Dzire is the shape. It was bad earlier and now have become worst but still its the best selling car and even I've booked the same. This shows the how good the performance of the car is.
Old 10th March 2012, 19:40   #238
BHPian

Hello,
Has anyone test-driven the Dzire automatic? Checked with a few dealers in Bangalore and seems like there are no TD cars available.
Old 10th March 2012, 22:37   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshil View Post
I don't have much idea on cars, need a diesel car because of my regular usage in city touches close to 100km per day now and hence the upgrade from my Wagon R. I like the New Dzire and don't really want go out of Maruti family. In Kolkata, I didn't find a single VDI available for Dzire and all dealers said it's a 20 weeks waiting. I only found couple of LDI readily available.

Now does it make any sense to wait for 20 weeks (or even more that I don't know) for the VDI or should I take LDI and fit few things like central lock/power window which makes some sense? Is there anything in VDI for which a waiting for 20 weeks with chances of price hike should be acceptable?

Just need your opinions as I don't know why only LDIs are available (though very few and not in all colors) but dealer can't even say anything on VDIs availability.
Can someone please help me to take a call here?
Old 10th March 2012, 23:21   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshil View Post
Can someone please help me to take a call here?
I would primarily look at a car with at-least ABS. Especially with the confirmed & multiple reports on weak brakes in Swift LDi & VDi, do you want to buy it just because it's available readily?

Since you prefer Maruti, why don't you take a look at Ritz VDi ABS? If it were me, I would easily give Liva a thought too since Toyota's reliability & A$$ is at per or better than Maruti!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks