Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 12:37   #16
BHPian

Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

Hi Guys,

I got my diesel fuel filter replaced under warranty on 01-Feb-2011 in Palace Cross, Blr.

In my opinion VW should have made the call, instead of customers like me calling the service center and asking if the fuel filter needs to be replaced.

Fuel leakage is not a trivial issue and we have example already like the one happened on Pune (The reason not known yet).
Old 29th February 2012, 19:58   #17
BHPian

Got the following items for car cleaning from Amazon

Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL-all_new_items.jpg

Out of these three only mitt found to be very useful

Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL-mitt.jpg

So soft, it made from real wool. Not sure how long will this lost
Old 29th February 2012, 20:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review. Beautiful car in a superb colour. Wish you great happiness in it!
Old 29th February 2012, 20:18   #19
BHPian

Thanks Shankar.

Maintaining the dark seems to be not easy task. I'm learning to maintain it

I have small dot paints came out, I guess this is to do with small stones falling on the bonnet. My daily trip in ORR causes this.
Old 29th February 2012, 21:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Manickam on the ownership of the best drivers out there in C segment. After 22K Kms, nice crisp review with very good pictures.
Enjoy many more miles on it and drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I got my diesel fuel filter replaced under warranty on 01-Feb-2011 in Palace Cross, Blr.

In my opinion VW should have made the call, instead of customers like me calling the service center and asking if the fuel filter needs to be replaced.
I too also picked up my Vento TDi on 4 Apr'11, so even mine should be their in the list for replacement of fuel filter. Did you feel any difference after the change? VW was also replacing door beading due to sound coming out from doors, did you even ask for it? And a fellow bhpian got his clutch hose pipe replaced which made all the difference and now his clutch is butter smooth with no jarring/grrr sound while depressing the clutch
Got my service due in last week of Mar, so need to get all this done.

Quote:
Got the following items for car cleaning from Amazon
Good, did you get it shipped from Amazon U.S.?

Quote:
Maintaining the dark seems to be not easy task. I'm learning to maintain it

I have small dot paints came out, I guess this is to do with small stones falling on the bonnet. My daily trip in ORR causes this.
Maintaining dark color car is a tough job. Maintaining my black beauty is even tougher, even a speck of dust gets highlighted in sunlight.
During cleaning my Vento even I find small white dots coming out, don't know what are those.
Old 1st March 2012, 11:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Congrats Manickam on the ownership of the best drivers out there in C segment. After 22K Kms, nice crisp review with very good pictures.
Enjoy many more miles on it and drive safe.
Thanks man, I believe all Vento owners are enjoying the drive. Nothing I have heard bad on driving perspective.

Quote:
I too also picked up my Vento TDi on 4 Apr'11, so even mine should be their in the list for replacement of fuel filter. Did you feel any difference after the change? VW was also replacing door beading due to sound coming out from doors, did you even ask for it? And a fellow bhpian got his clutch hose pipe replaced which made all the difference and now his clutch is butter smooth with no jarring/grrr sound while depressing the clutch
Got my service due in last week of Mar, so need to get all this done.
I haven't noticed any big noticeable difference, only difference may be in initial starting it starts immediately.

Thanks for the info on beading and clutch. I want to schedule to changing those. I was longing for some fix on clutch issue. One of the SA told me on my first service that a clutch hose replacement is VW working on.

Quote:
Good, did you get it shipped from Amazon U.S.?
I have got these items from my colleagues who comes from US. Another batch of shipment will getting this month end, All car care products only.

Quote:
Maintaining dark color car is a tough job. Maintaining my black beauty is even tougher, even a speck of dust gets highlighted in sunlight.
During cleaning my Vento even I find small white dots coming out, don't know what are those.
I assumed that an falling stone from either road construction or from moving truck. Another possibility is stones from the vehicle moving in-front of you??
Old 12th March 2012, 14:52   #22
BHPian

Have renewed Vento car insurance and paid premium Rs 19,978, United India Insurance(Zero Dep). Also heard only one more year we can extend this zero dep, ie total 3 years. Yet to confirm it.

Also planning to get extended warranty in April.
Old 27th March 2012, 08:20   #23
BHPian

Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL-new_set_cclean.jpg

Received another package for car detailing.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 11:27   #24
BHPian

1). Mothers 06108 Back-to-Black Trim Care - 8 oz $5.99

2). Mothers Wheel & Wheel Well Long Handled Brush $7.99

3). Mothers Detail Brush Set - 2 Pack $2.95

4). Mothers 06524 VLR Vinyl?Leather?Rubber?Care - 24 oz $8.99

5). The Grit Guard Insert - Blue $8.75

6). 32oz. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine $15.89

7). Meguiar's Water Magnet Drying Towel $7.94

8). Viking Diamond Weave Microfiber Windshield & Glass Cloth $5.59

9). Meguiar's4 Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray. 24 oz. $5.87

10). California Car Duster 62443 Car Duster $14.99

Total INR 4843.05($92.9)

Sourced from amazon, brought this to blr by my friend.
Old 27th March 2012, 20:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have renewed Vento car insurance and paid premium Rs 19,978, United India Insurance(Zero Dep). Also heard only one more year we can extend this zero dep, ie total 3 years. Yet to confirm it.

Also planning to get extended warranty in April.
Most of the insurance companies only have 3 yrs for zero dep policy. Recently even I too renewed my Vento insurance and paid a premium of Rs. 20899 for Zero Dep policy from BhartiAXA. TataAig seems to now having Zero Dep policy for 5 yrs, so later on you can change over to it. What is the IDV value that your insurance company given?

Quote:
Sourced from amazon, brought this to blr by my friend.
That's a very good haul. Wished I too had friends returning from USA.
Planning to do some detailing on the car in April and to get rid of some swirls marks on bonnet and boot. I have looking for ONR as my 8oz bottle is going to finish soon, so a 128oz bottle is on the radar but no one seems to have stock and if they did its way too expensive.
Do put up the review of the products that you have purchased. Enjoy detailing your car.
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
What is the IDV value that your insurance company given?
After you asked only I have checked it, It's Rs 7,50,000
How abt your IDV?

Quote:
That's a very good haul. Wished I too had friends returning from USA.
Planning to do some detailing on the car in April and to get rid of some swirls marks on bonnet and boot. I have looking for ONR as my 8oz bottle is going to finish soon, so a 128oz bottle is on the radar but no one seems to have stock and if they did its way too expensive.
Do put up the review of the products that you have purchased. Enjoy detailing your car.
carpolish.in they have only 8oz costing Rs 500+, not sure about other sources.

I have used almost all recently bought items in the weekend, took some pics. Will upload soon...
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How abt your IDV?
Mine is Rs. 7,82,000. The most important part in insurance is IDV value as sometimes insurance companies give low premium but they decrease the IDV value.

Quote:
carpolish.in they have only 8oz costing Rs 500+, not sure about other sources.

I have used almost all recently bought items in the weekend, took some pics. Will upload soon...
Carpolish is out of stock for ONR and looking forward to the pics..

Had my car 1st paid service yesterday and got the clutch hose pipe replaced under warranty and since then clutch has become super smooth and no more hard clutch & jhatkas while releasing it. As yours too is a pre-refreshed Vento TDi, so might as well you too could have it replaced under warranty.

Have put up a short review of the same on my thread. Hope it be of any help to you. Link.
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

I see the fuel efficiency varying from 12-20, is that normal or some data entry gone wrong in the app, even in the city/highway a variation from 12-20 is quiet big i think.

Excellent reports from the app, What app is it? Is it on android?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 3rd April 2012 at 16:12.
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:06   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I see the fuel efficiency varying from 12-20, is that normal or some data entry gone wrong in the app, even in the city/highway a variation from 12-20 is quiet big i think.

That's the TDI engine for you. If you notice on the forum, the initial months give very good FEs - probably one of the reasons being people driving more sedately (run-in, new car, etc); but overall it is being noticed the mileage goes down a bit once the kms ramp up.

But what is more important is how one drives the car. Bumper to bumper traffic with mostly lower gears give very poor FE (I keep getting around 13-15 in such a scenario), while a spirited drive on the highways still fetches me 17+ (it is apparently even better for a few other Vento owners). Pretty sure if I keep it in the 80-110 kmph range on long drives, I should be able to get 18-20kmph effortlessly.

I'm sure @topspeeder would be able to collaborate on most of my observations.
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is Rs. 7,82,000. The most important part in insurance is IDV value as sometimes insurance companies give low premium but they decrease the IDV value.

Carpolish is out of stock for ONR and looking forward to the pics..

Had my car 1st paid service yesterday and got the clutch hose pipe replaced under warranty and since then clutch has become super smooth and no more hard clutch & jhatkas while releasing it. As yours too is a pre-refreshed Vento TDi, so might as well you too could have it replaced under warranty.

Have put up a short review of the same on my thread. Hope it be of any help to you. Link.
I have checked my first insurance on Vento it was Rs 8,85,000. I was wondering whether the difference started there itself for some reason??
The insurance development officer is my uncle, I could check with him for more details.

On the clutch, Yes I want to change that too. Also I'm noticing the 'kireech' when I release it. So I hope they will change mine too

Uploading the pics tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
That's the TDI engine for you. If you notice on the forum, the initial months give very good FEs - probably one of the reasons being people driving more sedately (run-in, new car, etc); but overall it is being noticed the mileage goes down a bit once the kms ramp up.

But what is more important is how one drives the car. Bumper to bumper traffic with mostly lower gears give very poor FE (I keep getting around 13-15 in such a scenario), while a spirited drive on the highways still fetches me 17+ (it is apparently even better for a few other Vento owners). Pretty sure if I keep it in the 80-110 kmph range on long drives, I should be able to get 18-20kmph effortlessly.

I'm sure @topspeeder would be able to collaborate on most of my observations.
I agree with @ninjatalli the mileage is slightly reduced. I was thinking it could be due to my car 2nd service. Now ODO shows 27,000 kms, I will go for it approx 1 month from now.

Also the time I prepared the thread it was really bumber to bumber and long wait in Blr outer ring road flyover construction. I didn't expect more mileage that time.

But now my city driving gives 13-15 kmpl, Highways gives 16-18 kmpl and this for speed 120km - 160km range. I could't have patience when someone overtakes my Vento

I use Andriod and the app that I have used was My Cars

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 3rd April 2012 at 17:49.

Most Viewed