Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 11:04   #151
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Oh and can any Laura vRS owner here help Rehaan, he wanted to know if the back seat bottom part folds in front. I keep forgetting to check
The seat base can be lifted up and then the backrest can fold flat. The seat base is secured by a 2 hinges and by giving a hit with a spanner and unlocking the hinge the seat base itself can be removed.
motor_breathing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 15:27   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
The seat base can be lifted up and then the backrest can fold flat. The seat base is secured by a 2 hinges and by giving a hit with a spanner and unlocking the hinge the seat base itself can be removed.
Thanks - I had updated the original review to mention this about a month back

Earlier just wanted to confirm that this was possible on the vRS too.

cya
R
Old 3rd November 2012, 02:16   #153

Bhpians, I need to create an ownership thread, meanwhile, I wanted to share some photographs of my 5-month old race blue vRS. I purchased the vehicle from Vinayak Skoda, Marathhalli. The dealership experience was good, thanks to Mr. Zaki from Vinayak Skoda.
I am enjoying each and every drive. The engine is of course fantastic; and the interiors are good too. I will create an ownership thread shortly.
Here are the add-ons:
  • 3M paint protection
  • Paint protection film from 3M
  • 3M mats. All of these 3M products cost me around 55K and I got them done from 3M center in HSR Layout.
  • Jabra blue tooth headset
  • Swapped my OEM tyres for Michelin PS3 225mm 16 inch tyres. I got a good deal from Sai Iyengar. The ride is much better. It is quiet and grips well too.
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review-vrs1.jpg
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review-vrs2.jpg
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review-vrs3.jpg

A picture of my Laura and my "classic" Fortuner
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review-vrs4.jpg
adiga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 18:23   #154
BHPian

Congratulations Adiga. The Laura RS looks gorgeous in blue. Great pic that; the one with your Laura parked next to the Fortuner.

Enjoy your ride, drive safe and I look forward to a nice ownership report coming our way soon. Cheers!
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 02:34   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Congratulations Adiga. The Laura RS looks gorgeous in blue. Great pic that; the one with your Laura parked next to the Fortuner.

Enjoy your ride, drive safe and I look forward to a nice ownership report coming our way soon. Cheers!
Thanks for your wishes, Omtoatom
Were you planning on buying one? I remember reading in the forum that you were considering buying the vRS.

The vRS, in my opinion, is the best driver's car under 25 lakhs today. The TSI engine is an engineering marvel. Direct injection and turbocharging ensures that peak torque is available across a wide rpm range. It is incredibly refined too. The interiors with sports seats and sunroof adds to the driving experience.
The only question remaining and which is the most important one, is whether the after sales service is upto the mark. If it happens to be so for the next few years, I will be considering a Skoda for my next car purchase.
Old 12th November 2012, 11:30   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiga View Post
Thanks for your wishes, Omtoatom
Were you planning on buying one? I remember reading in the forum that you were considering buying the vRS.

The vRS, in my opinion, is the best driver's car under 25 lakhs today. The TSI engine is an engineering marvel. Direct injection and turbocharging ensures that peak torque is available across a wide rpm range. It is incredibly refined too. The interiors with sports seats and sunroof adds to the driving experience.
The only question remaining and which is the most important one, is whether the after sales service is upto the mark. If it happens to be so for the next few years, I will be considering a Skoda for my next car purchase.
Oh yes, buddy. As a matter of fact, mine is closing in on the 7-month mark now. No rattles, no squeaks.

Agree wholeheartedly with everything you've said there. In fact, there ARE only a handful of enthusiast cars below the 2.5 mill mark and the RS easily features right up there in that roster.

As far as the after-sales go, we'll have to wait and see. However my initial impressions have been pretty satisfactory. Intend to keep the group updated from time to time since it is such a hotly debated topic.
Old 12th November 2012, 11:47   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats @adiga!

Good car this is.
I own a Feb 2010 TSi (not vRS) and I have done around 25000 KM so far. Every single drive has been charismatic.

BTW, why did you not go for the yellow?

Cheers!
Old 13th November 2012, 04:09   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Bhpians, I need to create an ownership thread, meanwhile, I wanted to share some photographs of my 5-month old race blue vRS. I purchased the vehicle from Vinayak Skoda, Marathhalli. The dealership experience was good, thanks to Mr. Zaki from Vinayak Skoda.
And finally, I get a hold of you! (Virtually at least).

During my journey of admiring the vRS and then later considering it, there was one particular blue color vRS that I kept drooling on in my office parking lot. vRS in blue is simply gorgeous. When i met Zaki, he spoke about your car and later confirmed it was yours indeed. Robi and I were hoping that you would make it to our last team-bhp meet as well.

The blue is outstandingly fantastic color and was my first choice, but had to settle down for a white to maintain law and order at home (Mom was after Yellow, while sister was adamant on Blue).
Old 14th November 2012, 13:59   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Congrats @adiga!

Good car this is.
I own a Feb 2010 TSi (not vRS) and I have done around 25000 KM so far. Every single drive has been charismatic.

BTW, why did you not go for the yellow?

Cheers!
Thanks Anand. Congrats on owning the 1.8 TSI. Color choices and looks are very personal; they vary from person to person. For me, the vRS stands out in blue. It was my first and only choice. In fact, I refused to buy the vRS in any other color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
And finally, I get a hold of you! (Virtually at least).
When i met Zaki, he spoke about your car and later confirmed it was yours indeed. Robi and I were hoping that you would make it to our last team-bhp meet as well.
The blue is outstandingly fantastic color and was my first choice, but had to settle down for a white to maintain law and order at home (Mom was after Yellow, while sister was adamant on Blue).
Azeem, congrats on owning the vRS. I went through your ownership thread and my thought process was similar to yours; I was looking for a high-revving fun-to-drive petrol car and from that standpoint, vRS was a no-brainer.

I met Robi the day before the team-bhp meet at the 3M car care centre at HSR Layout. I will definitely make it to the next meet. Are there any other vRS owners in Bangalore and who are team-bhp members? We should plan on meeting up . Robi has helped make some small yet important changes through his Ross-Tech VCDS software: a) Converting l/100km to km/l and b) enabling auto-lock feature. Thanks Robi!
Old 14th November 2012, 17:22   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Do read the "Intro" and "Handling" sections of the review!

I think this might just be due to the pictures. In "real life" i think the colour is exactly the same, or if at all, the Octy vRS was a touch more pastel :

R
Rehaan - My request is probably a bit too much to expect not knowing ones time commitments, I own the Octy VRS, I would love to hear your thoughts on a comparison between the new vs the old. When time permits.

Say - Acceleration, Handling, Comfort and Maintenance aspects,

Thanks - ML
Old 14th November 2012, 18:17   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bhpians, I need to create an ownership thread, meanwhile, I wanted to share some photographs of my 5-month old race blue vRS.
Congrats, I wish a Blue one was in stock when I had got mine. It looks brilliant. Infact I was considering getting spacers for the wheels, because they look a bit too inside the wheel well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Rehaan - My request is probably a bit too much to expect not knowing ones time commitments, I own the Octy VRS, I would love to hear your thoughts on a comparison between the new vs the old. When time permits.

Say - Acceleration, Handling, Comfort and Maintenance aspects,

Thanks - ML
Let me try and give you my throughts on this. If you are considering upgrading to this then I'd say go for it as its the most logical upgrade (if you call it an upgrade).

I think the new beats the old when it comes to outright acceleration, but the engine feels less violent, since the turbo push is less. Its also easier to drive in the city thanks to that. Handling wise, in terms of outright grip the Octy RS might just take the Laura and in terms of steering feel it is far better. But with 225s and possibly even 17s the Laura will be excellent. As for comfort, the Laura is certainly more comfortable than the Octy, also better clearance. The TSI seems to be pretty darn reliable unlike the Octy's tpi engine which seemed to give niggles here and there.

All in all, its a bit more practical car without losing many of the vRS qualities.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 14th November 2012 at 18:23.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:17   #162
Team-BHP Support

So it seems the vRS has a slightly different exhaust from the normal tsi. The discussion is going on here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2979582
Old 3rd December 2012, 16:41   #163
BHPian

Saw another Blue VRS today in South Ext Market.. Wow.. 2nd Blue VRS in NCR. And I thought I was special.
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:37   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Saw another Blue VRS today in South Ext Market.. Wow.. 2nd Blue VRS in NCR. And I thought I was special.
Don't be surprised if you see a black vRS also. I recently drove from Calicut to Delhi in my car and will be staying here for a month And yeh the drive was brilliant, such a gem of an engine and such a brilliant car it is
Old 4th December 2012, 00:52   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt
I recently drove from Calicut to Delhi in my car and will be staying here for a month And yeh the drive was brilliant, such a gem of an engine and such a brilliant car it is
That is wonderful to know Avinash. Phew! Kozhikode to Delhi huh! I'm sure it must've been a truly eventful journey with some memorable experiences. Perhaps we ought to then expect a road trip travelogue from you soon

After all, the vRS deserves that kinda pedestal and mindspace on the forum right?!

Last edited by Omtoatom : 4th December 2012 at 00:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks