Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2012, 11:13   #1066
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Congrats jingaboysr. That was the fastest delivery of swift i guess.
Yup, I guess it would be. Got it delivered in one week flat. But still I had waited 6 months with another booking

Quick question, how do you change artist/album/playlist when I connect ipod/iphone? I connected my iphone today and the phone went to accessory mode (no controls in phone) but I could not browse artists/albums/playlists in the player.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:36   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Got my torque blue ZDi delivered today and I feel on the top of the world already!! Just got back home after some short city rides. An ownership report to follow. For now, just a couple of teasers.
Congrats , the ZDI must be a ling wait ! The photos don't quite depict the color well, I've seen a few blue Swifts and they look wow in person. Happy driving !
Old 14th March 2012, 22:36   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I guess it would be. Got it delivered in one week flat. But still I had waited 6 months with another booking

Quick question, how do you change artist/album/playlist when I connect ipod/iphone? I connected my iphone today and the phone went to accessory mode (no controls in phone) but I could not browse artists/albums/playlists in the player.
Congrats for your ride. please do post more pics and enjoy the car.

To change artist/album/playlist press "Menu" button until artist-->album--> playlist is displayed on the screen alternatively. Press the left rotary knob to toggle artist or album or paylist and rotate it to scroll from the chosen alternative. Press the rotary knob once again to select the artist or album or playlist as the case may be.
Old 15th March 2012, 21:16   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr
Hi, I am getting delivery of my ZDi in 1-2 days, and I have the below list in mind for accessories.

1) Tyre upgrade
I am confused whether to cough up some fund and go for a tyre upgrade or not. can someone throw light on the highway performance of the stock 185/65 R15 stock MRF tyres? How is the grip, and are they too noisy?

I plan to do a lot of highway trips. I haven't driven the ZDis in highway, but VDi stock tyres were inadequate and had terrible road noise.

2) Underbody coating:
Considering 3M underbody coating with 5 yr warranty. The question is, can I go for this even after some time, say 1-2 years later?

3) Paint sealant coating:
I know team-bhp does not recommend teflon coating. I am considering a paint sealant coating from 3M. They say it will seal the shine and I should get it done with a new car.

4) Reverse sensors:
Need advice on a 4 or 6 sensor setup. My car is torque-blue color, can I get the sensors painted in the same color? I don't want the voice assist, a simple beep with distance indication would do for me. I prefer a IRVM replacement rather than clip-on. I am looking for something similar to the one we get with Scorpio, so that I don't loose the anti-glare functionality of IRVM.
The 185 patch tyres on the car are adequate, however the road noise and grip might not be upto the mark as others have pointed out. I got 195/60/R15 Yokohama ES100 on my ZDi on day one and am pretty happy with the overall performance.

Getting underbody coating now is recommended. You are going to allow rusting to set in if you wait for 2 years.

Can you tell me more about this paint sealant coating? What are the charges?

Normally, body coloured sensors are available with the reverse sensing kit. You can check accordingly. Torque blue is not a common colour, so you might have issues finding body coloured sensors. The clip-on IRVM is not recommended. I have it in my car and the add-on mirror vibrates and has to be reset almost daily. The anti-glare feature of the OEM mirror is not something you will miss even if you replace the mirror. If the OEM mirror had an anti glare button (found in higher end car), it would have made sense retaining the mirror. Right now, the toggle switch that is provided is going to affect the mirror setting every time you activate it.
Old 15th March 2012, 22:06   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nri199

I had mentioned on this thread on the bluetooth accessory I bought. Its the "Scosche bluetooth Hands free and streaming audio kit" and it works well with the factory fitted system

Does this kit work with new dzire vdi music system?. I hv been looking for it.
Old 17th March 2012, 14:00   #1071
BHPian

Any idea how much the price of the Swift has gone up for those waiting, after the excise increase?
Old 17th March 2012, 14:27   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV
Any idea how much the price of the Swift has gone up for those waiting, after the excise increase?
Calculate 2% on the ex showroom price for the model you want.

Zdi is going up by about 15k.. That's what the dealer told me
Old 17th March 2012, 19:54   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Dear O Dear!!!

Will 2% excise duty translate into Rs 15k for the ZDI? And we are not talking about added registration and insurance charges here, Looks like people who are waiting for the ZDI version need to shell atleast another 20k extra now.
Old 19th March 2012, 10:26   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
To change artist/album/playlist press "Menu" button until artist-->album--> playlist is displayed on the screen alternatively. Press the left rotary knob to toggle artist or album or paylist and rotate it to scroll from the chosen alternative. Press the rotary knob once again to select the artist or album or playlist as the case may be.
Finally figured it out. Thanks beast_within. Is there a way to transfer back the ipod controls to the ipod? I remember in Pioneer HUs with ipod controls, we could do this. My wife prefers to use the ipod/iphone to select the song rather than use the cumbersome HU controls to navigate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
The 185 patch tyres on the car are adequate, however the road noise and grip might not be upto the mark as others have pointed out. I got 195/60/R15 Yokohama ES100 on my ZDi on day one and am pretty happy with the overall performance.

Getting underbody coating now is recommended. You are going to allow rusting to set in if you wait for 2 years.

Can you tell me more about this paint sealant coating? What are the charges?
Decided to retain the stock tyres, when I checked I could get only Rs2500 as buyback for stock, so I was looking at 10k+ for a tyre upgrade to Michellin. Will wait for the next tyre change for the upgrade.

Paint sealant according to 3M guys would seal the clear coat and shine and can last upto one year, if maintained properly.

Quote:
Normally, body coloured sensors are available with the reverse sensing kit. You can check accordingly. Torque blue is not a common colour, so you might have issues finding body coloured sensors. The clip-on IRVM is not recommended. I have it in my car and the add-on mirror vibrates and has to be reset almost daily. The anti-glare feature of the OEM mirror is not something you will miss even if you replace the mirror. If the OEM mirror had an anti glare button (found in higher end car), it would have made sense retaining the mirror. Right now, the toggle switch that is provided is going to affect the mirror setting every time you activate it.
Exactly, I am not looking at a clip-on mirror. I think I'll take it slow and see all the options before going for a reverse sensor/camera. Not something urgent.

Got the below done at 3M car care.

1) Underbody coating (5 yr warranty): Rs.2876
2) Paint sealant: 2696
3) Sunfilm sides and rear only, CS 50: 4860

And total tax of 1170

Total came to 11k.
Old 19th March 2012, 10:33   #1075
BHPian

Quote:

Decided to retain the stock tyres, when I checked I could get only Rs2500 as buyback for stock, so I was looking at 10k+ for a tyre upgrade to Michellin. Will wait for the next tyre change for the upgrade.

Paint sealant according to 3M guys would seal the clear coat and shine and can last upto one year, if maintained properly.

That means atleast 2-3 years of wait for the OEM tyres to wear off. Michelin tyres are pricier. You can look at Yokos or Bridgestone. Buyback value would be around 9K for 5 tyres.

Does the paint sealant help against body scratches?
Old 19th March 2012, 11:01   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
Dear O Dear!!!

Will 2% excise duty translate into Rs 15k for the ZDI? And we are not talking about added registration and insurance charges here, Looks like people who are waiting for the ZDI version need to shell atleast another 20k extra now.
Excise duty is levied at ex-factory price and not ex-showroom price.

Ex-factory
+vat
+excise duty
+transport & insurance
= landed cost for dealer

Dealer landed cost
+ overheads and margin
= ex-showroom price.

I dont think the increase will be 15k, should be much less (unless dealers decides to take advantage of the situation).

Edit: Yes, road tax will go up as well, as ex-showroom price will increase.

Last edited by autocrat : 19th March 2012 at 11:02.
Old 19th March 2012, 11:29   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Excise duty is levied at ex-factory price and not ex-showroom price.

Ex-factory
+vat
+excise duty
+transport & insurance
= landed cost for dealer

Dealer landed cost
+ overheads and margin
= ex-showroom price.

I dont think the increase will be 15k, should be much less (unless dealers decides to take advantage of the situation).

Edit: Yes, road tax will go up as well, as ex-showroom price will increase.
... you are correct in pointing that out, but it is he manufacturers that are taking the aam junta for a ride & the Govt is sleeping like he policemen on PCR in front of Sahara Mall, Gurgaon .
Unfortunately, all the manufacturers are in hand-in-gloves (cartel) in this loot.
Old 19th March 2012, 16:43   #1078
BHPian

Can someone confirm if there is an oil change as part of first service of 1000kms? My VIN is after the cut-off VIN in the maruti service circular posted before in this forum.

When I took the delivery, the guy who explained the car told that there is an oil change, but when I looked at the service booklet, there is nothing but some checkups during the first service. First oil change is at 10k. And the recommended oil as per the manual is 5W40, which is synthetic I wanted to go synthetic after a couple of oil changes at 1k and 10k.

My odo reads 520 now, and I am planning to a long drive of 1000 kms during the weekend. Really confused if I should drive it to touch 1000, service it and then go for the trip or come back and then give for service. If it's just some check-up that they do at first service, I don't see a point to get it done before the trip.

I hope I don't do bad to the engine by going a 1000km highway drive. I'm planning to try to vary the speed between 70-110 with numerous breaks.

Last edited by jingaboysr : 19th March 2012 at 16:45.
Old 20th March 2012, 12:07   #1079
BHPian

I had booked a ZDI in Jan but with news of an impending price hike of upto 80k on diesel cars, started flirting with a few more options i.e Liva GD, Figo, Punto 2012 and Ritz VDI ABS. Finally booked a Ritz VDI ABS which was in intransit & invoiced to me as a back up option but waited for the budget to take the final call. Since the 2% increase in excise duty is something that I can bear, decided to cancel the Ritz and continue to wait for my ZDI for God only knows how long.
Old 20th March 2012, 12:11   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me whats the RPM at 100 kmph in 5th gear?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks