Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 16:01   #541
BANNED

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

In UP the difference is quite high. I had the quote by the dealer about 3 months ago. Please also see my post just above you. I had edited my earlier comment.
Old 5th December 2011, 07:36   #542
BANNED

this is how the New electric EV Swift looks like as showcased in ongoing TMS 2011. frankly Speaking , i have never been a Fan of Suzuki;s designer . Some how they just lack everything that matters to me in a design

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dscn0156.jpg
Old 5th December 2011, 15:05   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Which is a better deal overall ?
My friend the main thing that should be take into account is FE

Swift DDiS provides unmatched FE as compared to i20. We Indians have always been obsessed about the average part of the vehicle and most of the times it is the sole reason for choosing a car.
Old 5th December 2011, 15:34   #544
BHPian

I don't think fuel economy is a big differentiator between Swift DDiS and its diesel competitors like i20,Polo,Punto etc. More or less 2-3 Kmpl is what you can gain or lose. It won't much difference to the running costs
Old 6th December 2011, 23:59   #545
Team-BHP Support

One pic i havent seen since the launch of the new swift - one of the old and new side by side!

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-321115_297188430304195_228948007128238_934550_1025787069_n.jpg
Source - Maruti Swift facebook page - owner's gallery.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 08:34   #546
BHPian

Both the models look fantastic, however seeing them side by side one can notice the difference. As many people still can't make out from a distance that which 1 is new and which 1 is old.

I think there has also been slight variation in the colors of new swift as compared the its older sibling. It is more shinier.
Old 8th December 2011, 23:44   #547
Team-BHP Support

New Swift is OVERDRIVE Car of the year 2012, as well as Compact-car of the year 2012 subcategory.

OD says -
Quote:
Car Of The Year: Maruti Suzuki Swift

The original Swift was anointed as the enthusiasts' hatchback. It had sparkling performance, sizzling handling and was frugal and practical when you weren't indulging your passion for driving. The new one improves noticeably on every single one of those well-developed strengths, heightens its essence of being a cheerful, youthful hatchback and wraps it up in a skin sharper than before. The new Swift also wins our Compact Car Of The Year.
Old 9th December 2011, 08:56   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
New Swift is OVERDRIVE Car of the year 2012, as well as Compact-car of the year 2012 subcategory.

OD says -
Absolutely awesome. A strong reply to the arguments a lot of people who keep saying that there is very little new with the new Swift. Right from the time its been launched a few months back, this has been a brilliant package. A duo of stellar engines, much improved interiors and sharper looks. Of course, the other Maruti traits such as strong service network, frugality of maintenance etc. continue to hold it in good stead. A winner if there ever was one
Old 10th December 2011, 01:18   #549
BHPian

Finally, I took the delivery of my VDi last evening. The three month waiting period ended peacefully. I would consider myself lucky enough to get the car in just 3 months time, looking at the present scenario.
manjot1912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 10:48   #550
Senior - BHPian

Petrol swifts are readily available. I got message from dealer if I want immediate delivery.
Old 10th December 2011, 11:14   #551
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th December 2011 at 10:22.
sameer_dg is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th December 2011, 01:29   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Absolutely awesome. A strong reply to the arguments a lot of people who keep saying that there is very little new with the new Swift. Right from the time its been launched a few months back, this has been a brilliant package. A duo of stellar engines, much improved interiors and sharper looks. Of course, the other Maruti traits such as strong service network, frugality of maintenance etc. continue to hold it in good stead. A winner if there ever was one
Its third in our COTY poll so far and Brio is closing in. I'm not sure how legit these magazine's ratings are and i don't believe them either . Im not against swift(I had one), just there are better new products out there this year.

Last edited by RIC.BURNS : 11th December 2011 at 01:33.
Old 11th December 2011, 10:24   #553

Im in a strange dilemma..i had booked a swift vdi a couple of months back and due to the excessive waiting time, i had decided to buy the polo tdi. But now theres a chance, thanks to the 'great jugaad', that i might get the swift in the next couple of days. Should i go for the swift?
I did love the nice suave handling of the polo and also the suspension along with the huge boot space. The swift has good handling but the boot is crap. I was wondering which of these 2 cars will be better for long term since i dont really plan to change cars soon. Atleast for the next 5-6 years..
Old 11th December 2011, 11:25   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
Its third in our COTY poll so far and Brio is closing in. I'm not sure how legit these magazine's ratings are and i don't believe them either . Im not against swift(I had one), just there are better new products out there this year.
Better is of course a relative term, and depends on what are the two or three things that a prospective customer holds highest when it comes to plonking down his hard earned cash- especially in the small car segment. Brio is undoubtedly a good product, with a very good engine, and I suppose the pricing also makes it a VFM product. But then, for me, the rear end looks have killed the appeal. Of course, it may be this very rear end design that makes it appealing to the next person. As a prospective customer who has carefully considered the various products on offer, the Swift still pulls at my heart strings like no other.

At the end of the day, competition is roaring in the hatchback segment, and it augurs well for us, with a lot of good products vying for the purse strings. I doubt that whether one chooses a Brio or Swift (or any other of the multitude of choices out there for that matter) one could go wrong, and that is indeed a fantastic situation to be in.

And as for the magazine polls- I suppose that attributing them a lot of importance may not be wise. But then again, its one amongst the various available sources of information about what the market has to offer.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 11th December 2011 at 11:40.
Old 12th December 2011, 00:04   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
Im in a strange dilemma..i had booked a swift vdi a couple of months back and due to the excessive waiting time, i had decided to buy the polo tdi. ........
The swift has good handling but the boot is crap. I was wondering which of these 2 cars will be better for long term since i dont really plan to change cars soon. Atleast for the next 5-6 years..
Go for VW Polo only.
New Swift stands nowhere near to the Polo TDi. I've also Test Driven it recently & is Silently much improved now as compared to the Polo introduced at the launch ~2 years back.
-Its more Silent, Smooth, Swift & faster now.
-Its fuel efficiency is also good as compared to i20, Figo, etc.
Just Go for it & enjoy better Ride quality, Build quality, Comfort & Space.
Don't forget to buy extended 2+2 year warranty for its Peaceful Ownership experience.
Try to push for some discounts, freebies also. Heard that some Corporate, Doctor's discount is going on on Volkwagen range of cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks