Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2014, 12:17   #2371
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I don't think it's a problem with the clutch, else it would have been present for all/most gear shifts. It's more to do with the 1st/2nd gear plates and their shift releases, IMO.
Isn't 1100-1200 a bit low? Try it at 2000 RPM once? Thanks.

Looking at the issue it could either be the synchroniser rings or the gear shifter linkages. Though this repair job would need dismantling of the gearbox.

All the best. Do keep us posted.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 19:00   #2372
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
I don't think the price will go up by much as this is a price sensitive segment and all compete on price as well. That said if it is just cosmetic changes in the face-lift and you get decent discount on the current one, I'd suggest get this one, of-course you may bargain for those freebie's as well.
If your city has multiple dealers you can bargain for a good deal between them.

I don't know what the add-on's are but it is reported to go the key-less way along with some minor tweaks, but nothing significant you will miss on.
Got a quote for swift zxi as following:
ex-showroom - 577634 (price mentioned on website is 4k less??)
road tax etc - 49121
insurance - 19608
extended warranty - 8006
otr - 654369

Free accessories worth 13000 and 8000 corporate discount.

Is this a good deal?

Now from what is written online, the facelift will have the following features and this is what they mean to me:

haves- Reverse parking sensor, Bluetooth, rear ac vents, electrical folding mirrors, rear disks(i doubt it will), any other mechanical improvements.

don't care- drl, redesigned bumpers, new alloys (big thumbs down if they are planning on the alloys in the spy pics), new fabric upholstery, keyless entry, start stop button.

Any other features that can be expected?

Considering the fact that I can get parking sensors and bluetooth as MGA accessories within the 13k discount, should I wait for the facelift or go ahead with a blue zxi that will be delivered to me by 10th October? Any mechanical chages expected in the facelift? Also am I right in thinking that the price of the facelift will be slightly higher and I wont get any discounts? Also when I asked one of the employees there who is known to me regarding the facelift, he said they have not been notified about the same and that the company initiates them about new launches a month in prior.

Members please give me your suggestions
Old 20th September 2014, 21:01   #2373
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post

otr - 654369

I wait for the facelift or go ahead with a blue zxi that will be delivered to me by 10th October?
If you ain't in a hurry then do wait but I am not sure if the facelift will make you happy or no. Though in myself not confident on vouching for the facelift but there are some reports floating dating there will be a Swift 'S' variant. The 'S' variant could be getting the engines (K14M and DDiS200) from the Ertiga so the Swift does become even more fun to drive. We need more strong confirmation on this part though.

If you are in a hurry do go ahead and book the Blue ZXi. Once the facelift is launched and till old stocks lasts, discounts will be offered.

Anurag.
Old 20th September 2014, 21:27   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you ain't in a hurry then do wait but I am not sure if the facelift will make you happy or no. Though in myself not confident on vouching for the facelift but there are some reports floating dating there will be a Swift 'S' variant. The 'S' variant could be getting the engines (K14M and DDiS200) from the Ertiga so the Swift does become even more fun to drive. We need more strong confirmation on this part though.

If you are in a hurry do go ahead and book the Blue ZXi. Once the facelift is launched and till old stocks lasts, discounts will be offered.

Anurag.
Thanks for the reply. The thing is i have a budget of ~6.5L and i guess if the swift s with 1.4 engine does come, i think it will be atleast 40k costlier because it will lose the excise benefits. My query is whether I should wait for the 1.2 facelift. Also how much more discount can I get once the facelift is launched?
Old 20th September 2014, 23:28   #2375
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. The thing is i have a budget of ~6.5L and i guess if the swift s with 1.4 engine does come, i think it will be atleast 40k costlier because it will lose the excise benefits. My query is whether I should wait for the 1.2 facelift. Also how much more discount can I get once the facelift is launched?
If you are tight on budget then go ahead with the Swift ZXi.

Expect another 10-15K discount once the face lift is out. Not that worthy of a wait though.

Anurag.
Old 21st September 2014, 09:55   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
If you are tight on budget then go ahead with the Swift ZXi.

Expect another 10-15K discount once the face lift is out. Not that worthy of a wait though.

Anurag.
What are the possibilities of 1.4 coming to swift? Won't it be easier for them to do what fiat has done with punto and get a vgt 1.3 engine for the s model? For me if the facelift retains 1.2 engine then it is an easy decision to buy the current swift. But the speculation of 1.4 has me confused.

Anyways I think I'll go ahead with the current current swift. Can you advice me which accessories to get within the 13k discount? Parking sensors and art leather seats aside should I go for anti rust coating and Teflon paint protection?

Last edited by kedar3223 : 21st September 2014 at 10:11.
Old 21st September 2014, 11:25   #2377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't 1100-1200 a bit low? Try it at 2000 RPM once? Thanks.

Looking at the issue it could either be the synchroniser rings or the gear shifter linkages. Though this repair job would need dismantling of the gearbox.

All the best. Do keep us posted.

Anurag.
My bad. I meant 1600-1700, instead of 1100-1200. Apologies.

As you suggested, I revved past 2000 RPM in the 1st gear before shifting (took it to around ~2200 RPM) to 2nd gear, and guess what, there were no shakes!! Tested it out quite a few times from the standstill position and yes, beyond the 2000 RPM mark, there are absolutely NO shakes when shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Told Dad to do the same when he is upshifting as well, and he also happily reported back that the shaking issue was not there anymore.

Thank you so much, my friend. This is a big relief.

Quote:
ex-showroom - 577634 (price mentioned on website is 4k less??)
Ask dealer for complete breakup. I think he's added logistics to the ex-showroom price.

Quote:
otr - 654369

Free accessories worth 13000 and 8000 corporate discount.

Is this a good deal?
I got around 40,000 off for our August 2014 Swift. There's bound to be cash discounts, corporate offer, insurance discount, etc. Please recheck.

If needed, contact another dealer and get details on discounts. If there's no 2nd dealer of Maruti around, talk to this dealer and tell him that this generation of the Swift is outgoing, soon to be replaced by the facelift, and you would rather have a more contemporary car (like the Elite i20), and if they can't give you a better offer, you are willing to walk out and straight into the Hyundai showroom. See how that works!

Quote:
haves- Reverse parking sensor, Bluetooth, rear ac vents, electrical folding mirrors, rear disks(i doubt it will), any other mechanical improvements.
1 = can be fitted,

2 = can be fitted.

3 = Not sure if this will be added to the facelift.

4 = Convenient, but not a must-have.

5 = No chance.

6 = Mechanically and suspension-wise, it will be the same Swift. All changes will be restricted to the feature-list only.

Quote:
Considering the fact that I can get parking sensors and bluetooth as MGA accessories within the 13k discount, should I wait for the facelift or go ahead with a blue zxi that will be delivered to me by 10th October? Any mechanical chages expected in the facelift? Also am I right in thinking that the price of the facelift will be slightly higher and I wont get any discounts? Also when I asked one of the employees there who is known to me regarding the facelift, he said they have not been notified about the same and that the company initiates them about new launches a month in prior.
I say go for it. The Swift facelift won't be here until December 2014 (maximum), and it will have no discounts whatsoever. Plus you can expect a price hike on the facelift as well. Since it's basically the same car with a bunch of extra features thrown in, you won't be losing too much.

Plus, I am sure many of the stuff in the facelift (start/stop button, DRLs) can be retrofitted into this present-gen car as well, since both look awfully similar to each other.

Haggle with the dealer using the leverage I posted above. I am sure they will relent, with the festive season looming ahead and month-end sales towering up over them soon. Once the deal is finalised (get it all down in writing from the dealer), you can pick up your car on any date suitable to you.

All the best!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st September 2014 at 11:26.
Old 21st September 2014, 12:39   #2378
BANNED

Quote:

Can you advice me which accessories to get within the 13k discount? Parking sensors and art leather seats aside should I go for anti rust coating and Teflon paint protection?
I own a Swift ZDi and to be frank I haven't felt the need for any sort of 'extra' accessory apart from the ones that came in the car other than seat covers. In the accessory department, I am bad at suggesting, Apologies for the same.

One piece of advice, go for underbody Anti-rust coating by 3M in your city. They do a good job and moreover it carries a 5 year warranty too.

'NO' to Teflon coating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

My bad. I meant 1600-1700, instead of 1100-1200. Apologies.

As you suggested, I revved past 2000 RPM in the 1st gear before shifting (took it to around ~2200 RPM) to 2nd gear, and guess what, there were no shakes!!

Thank you so much, my friend. This is a big relief.
Earlier the RPM that you mentioned was 1600RPM, so she you upshift from 1st to 2nd, the final RPM will be around the idle RPM making the engine struggle to keep it ticking hence those vibrations. The same exercise if done at 2000 RPM the final RPM will be near about 1500-1600, hence no shakes.

I am happy that the problem is solved. Now enjoy the Silver Queen.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st September 2014 at 12:40.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 16:36   #2379
Senior - BHPian

Autocar UK have reviewed the Swift 1.2 Dualjet SZ4 & which is more efficient & marginally more torquey now. Link to their review:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...t-drive-review

Old 13th October 2014, 10:07   #2380

One piece of advice, go for underbody Anti-rust coating by 3M in your city. They do a good job and moreover it carries a 5 year warranty too.

'NO' to Teflon coating.

- Why do you say no for the Teflon coating. I got it done on my ZDi and the paint looked as good as new for a long time.

Also how much did the under body anti-rust cost?

Cheers,
Apurva
Old 13th October 2014, 20:34   #2381
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, any idea if the Swift (latest generation India model) has any crash test/safety ratings ?
Bigger question - are these tests mandatory now in India for Car makers to conduct these tests and publish results ?
Old 13th October 2014, 20:54   #2382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurvapg View Post
Why do you say no for the Teflon coating. I got it done on my ZDi and the paint looked as good as new for a long time.
I think the dealer was referring to the application of the detailer + paint sealant as Teflon coating. You can get it done from a 3M Car Care outlet but more importantly, do get the door handle cups, the bonnet and the side mirrors wrapped in the polythene protective film to avoid the paint nicking off during the course of the usage.

The finger nails scratch the cups of the door handles, stones that get thrown off the tires of the vehicles ahead of you hit the bonnet and nick the paint, bike/cycle handles tend to hit the side mirrors in heavily congested roads - all these will be taken care off by the protective films on the respective areas. 3M and other FNGs do it for a nominal charge. Do inquire.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 22:48   #2383

Will they wrap these areas in the film?

If so, will they not come off during the monsoon?

Also do they have a protective film/carpet layer for the flooring?

Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 01:03   #2384
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurvapg View Post

'NO' to Teflon coating.

- Why do you say no for the Teflon coating. I got it done on my ZDi and the paint looked as good as new for a long time.
What is Teflon Coating and does it really help?:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ally-help.html

Teflon Coating - Harmful on new cars?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-new-cars.html

3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ond-brite.html

Here are a few threads that have it clear why I say NO to teflon coating.

"Long time" - How long was that long time - 3 months? 6 months? 1 year?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 10:24   #2385

It was about a year roughly.

But after reading this I have my doubts now.

So the under body coating is something that you recommend?

I would like to ask other members as well, how do you prevent the paint from chipping off from flying debris and maintain a good shine as well?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks